Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Potential Non-Grad Transfer Post

Here's another article about RayQuan. Looks like there is lots of interest in him:

https://montanasports.com/more-colle...ajor-colleges/
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Here's another article about RayQuan. Looks like there is lots of interest in him:

https://montanasports.com/more-colle...ajor-colleges/
    RayQuan committed to Florida State today

Default University of Cincinnati star guard Jarron Cumberland is at a crossroads

"University of Cincinnati star Jarron Cumberland was at the press conference to introduce new coach John Brannen. Cumberland was happy with the hire.

"“He’s a good coach. We saw what he did at NKU," Cumberland said. "I think a great coach is a good thing for us." But Cumberland said he still is undecided about returning for his senior year. Cumberland could declare the NBA Draft, although most scouts do not have him rated as going in either of two rounds.

"Cumberland , a 6-foot-5 guard, leads a strong ground of returning players for the Bearcats. He averaged 19.0 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.76 assists a game last year and was named the American Athletic Conference Player of the Year."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...69002/?src=rss

Hmmmm ... What to do? What to do?
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Hauser brothers leaving Marquette!!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...thers-transfer

Anyone have any idea what's up with that??
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post

That's a shocker...on the heels of their star guard Howard announcing he is coming back.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    That's a shocker...on the heels of their star guard Howard announcing he is coming back.
    howard coming back could be one reason they're leaving...it is a very strange one though as you never see good players (starters) leaving a team that is consensus top 10 good the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post

I have heard both dissatisfaction with Wojo and frustration with Howard. I think it's a combination of the two...Wojo's lack of offensive creativity or willingness to get Howard to facilitate led to the Hauser brothers being underutilized. I also think Marquette's lack of any other remotely decent guard play put them in this position. Howard is a point guard in size only, and if they had a decent ball handling guard, it would have meant less hero ball from Markus. To be fair, I think both Hausers were inconsistent and had their own role in this debacle. That said, the elder Hauser could play a Wiltjer-like role for somebody.

I root for Marquette over anyone except GU, but they were extremely overrated this past year and the talk of them being a top 5 team next year was similarly misguided in my opinion. Howard is talented but streaky. They have some other good players coming in but not nearly the level of talent I'd expect for a top-10 team...I'd say more the 11-20 range at best. Without the Hauser bros they might not be in the top 25.

Does anyone else see some Ja Morant in Cam Mack? He's the most appealing option that I'm seeing on the board right now.

I don't know if he's a grad transfer or undergrad transfer, but UNC's Seventh Woods has entered into the transfer portal. His UNC career has been underwhelming, but certainly has a ton of potential upside.

This is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    This is not the answer.
    Huh? Lol
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post

Does anyone else see some Ja Morant in Cam Mack? He's the most appealing option that I'm seeing on the board right now.
    He looks very athletic, but I wonder about his temperament, he has already committed and de-committed from 2 x D1 universities......

i see a lot of carrying/palming the ball that would be called at the d1 level...

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    i see a lot of carrying/palming the ball that would be called at the d1 level...
    It is according to who you are playing for, whether or not you would get palming the ball called on you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    Perhaps you also noticed his hooking with the off dribble hand that he executes almost like a backwards strightarm. Gets him major separation from his defender.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post

Cam Mack to Nebraska

Jeff Goodman

Verified account

@GoodmanHoops
    Following Following @GoodmanHoops
    More
    South Dakota State transfer David Jenkins will take a visit to Gonzaga on May 4, he told @Stadium. Has already visited Oregon.

2) David Jenkins, 6-2, 200, SG, Soph., South Dakota State
    Stats: 19.7 ppg, 45% 3-pointers
    Scout’s take: “David is a dynamic scorer that makes challenging shots at such an efficient level. He just needs to improve on the defensive end.”
    Schools: Oregon (4-19), UCLA, Gonzaga, UNLV, UCLA, Washington State, Memphis, South Dakota State

https://watchstadium.com/news/rankin...on-04-22-2019/

Geno 2.0? Three star in hs. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jeff Goodman

Verified account

@GoodmanHoops
    Following Following @GoodmanHoops
    More
    South Dakota State transfer David Jenkins will take a visit to Gonzaga on May 4, he told @Stadium. Has already visited Oregon.

2) David Jenkins, 6-2, 200, SG, Soph., South Dakota State
    Stats: 19.7 ppg, 45% 3-pointers
    Scout’s take: “David is a dynamic scorer that makes challenging shots at such an efficient level. He just needs to improve on the defensive end.”
    Schools: Oregon (4-19), UCLA, Gonzaga, UNLV, UCLA, Washington State, Memphis, South Dakota State

https://watchstadium.com/news/rankin...on-04-22-2019/

45% from 3 would certainly be welcome.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    45% from 3 would certainly be welcome.
    Dunno, same 3 pt line in Dakota? Stats may be skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Why does how many stars he had in high school matter? Did Brandon Clarke even have any stars in high school?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    With the consistency of your inaccurate, pessimistic and objectively terrible takes, I often ask myself if you are a St. Mary’s fan that loves trolling the fanbase of a program that does things right (both ethically and effectively) more than any other.

Any other explanation of finding this many things to be negative about as it relates to Gonzaga men’s basketball is incomprehensible.

Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    With the consistency of your inaccurate, pessimistic and objectively terrible takes, I often ask myself if you are a St. Mary’s fan that loves trolling the fanbase of a program that does things right (both ethically and effectively) more than any other.

Any other explanation of finding this many things to be negative about as it relates to Gonzaga men’s basketball is incomprehensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post

it's less that and more just that dismissing this kid like that is lazy and unenlightening. sometimes jazz has points -- i like those posts. but the curmudgeonly "i know all i need to about this and <insert facile comparison and dismissal>" are kinda grating. tell me, jazz... got anything beyond 3-star small college scoring guard -- and one of those recently broke your heart -- to support your position? cause that seems pretty weak.
    Last edited by soccerdud; 04-28-2019 at 02:50 PM.