Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did ya know

Did you know you can win 5 games in the NCAA tournament and not play for the National Title ?

Do you know about the Blue Lake Rhino? It's a cave in the shape of a rhinoceros that is near Blue Lake in Eastern Washington. It was formed when molten lava covered a rhino 15 million years ago. You can actually climb inside.

Did you know that Al Gore is not really responsible for this?
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Somehow I think that's going to change under Hoiberg............
    Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    I really wished he stayed at Iowa State, and thought he could've won a title there. I'm excited to see if he can get Nebraska to the tournament, and win a few games, or possibly more.
    Nebraska has all the resources ($ and fans) to build a strong team...it is amazing that it has not happened
    I am working on being a more all around square.

Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Did you know you can win 5 games in the NCAA tournament and not play for the National Title ?
    And it has been done.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    The one that still amazes me is the consecutive winning streak for conference road games that Gonzaga has got going. What is it at right now, 31 in a row? The Pac in Wooden's day was not a very good conference. The only challenge that UCLA got at all on the west coast (and they didn't get much of it) was from LBSU when Tark coached there. And ultimately Jerry had to leave LBSU to establish a brand name at UNLV in order to get out from under Wooden's shadow (and Sam Gilbert's wallet )
    You are forgetting about USC. They were consistently in the top ten in the sixties and seventies. The 70-71 team was 24-2. Both losses to UCLA. One by four points. One by nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    You are forgetting about USC. They were consistently in the top ten in the sixties and seventies. The 70-71 team was 24-2. Both losses to UCLA. One by four points. One by nine.
    And because only conf champions made the tourney, USC didn’t get in. There was no bubble, there was no at large teams.

Did you know....That "Booby Trap" spelled backward is "Party Boob"? Badump Bump....

Did you know...The coldest official temperature recorded in the lower 48 states was -70 degrees ambient at Rogers Pass between Great Falls and Lincoln Montana? January 20, 1954
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!