Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anton Watson

Default Anton Watson

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...on-wins-boys-/

And he's getting better and larger. I think we've got a good one. Nice award. Congrats.

Wow.

Should have been a Burger boy.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    No doubt.
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Watching him only one game during state-B, he looked fluid enough to play the 3. That would be pretty cool. He was next-level athletically compared to the other players and really seemed to be a team-oriented guy who enjoyed the game.

if we assume kispert gets the nod at the 3 and say tillie returns to play the 5...who starts at the 4 between anton and timme???

Seattle Pacific got an early steal by signing Shaw Anderson of Kelso, the 3A player of the year. Players outside of the Puget Sound don't get near the attention. But I will say he must not have fit into GU because Tommy could have influenced a player from his alma mater. Averaged over 28 ppg and almost 10 boards. He set the 3A state tourney record for points, 122, set last year by Erik Stevenson who is now at Wichita State.

Congrats Anton!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    if we assume kispert gets the nod at the 3 and say tillie returns to play the 5...who starts at the 4 between anton and timme???
    Petrusev.

Watty must start.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Petrusev.
    in that case, i think it would be petrusev at the 5 and tillie at the 4...just don't think petrusev has the foot speed to play the 4. but we could still play the same game and assume tillie is gone and petrusev starts at the 5...which leaves us with the same question, who starts at the 4?

Tillie? Not to put a fine point on it, but, to quote The inimitable Sox's Hawk: HE GONE!

Per the article, wasn't Anton the POY in GSL 3 yrs?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Lots of superior bigs…. maybe best in the country. We'll see. Need PG. One or two really good PG's. We need a title.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Lots of superior bigs…. maybe best in the country. We'll see. Need PG. One or two really good PG's. We need a title.
    Hard to say if that will be true quite yet. Some of these guys may need more time than others...

No Mal...they're superior now. They're only going to get better. Always some lag before they blossom. Nothing new. We need PG excellence. That'll be key. Speaking of which..the transfer portal is now open. I do not know how to keep an eye on it but someone here should. Might be the most key thing to watch.

I would bet that Timme and Watson will start
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Goss with these newbie bigs is at least S16. Just saying. Agree wDoc

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    They’d better.

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    I highly doubt they both start, at least not at the start of the year. If you think Kispert is going to come off the bench for Watson, it's not going to happen, it's just not how it goes at GU. That doesn't mean Watson won't play the important minutes like Collins did.

I'd expect the starters will be: Grad Transfer PG, Norvell, Kispert, Timme, Petrusev
    Guys that get legit run: Watson, Ravet
    Guys that will compete for rest of minutes: Ballo, Zhakarov, Arlauskas, Ayayi, Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I highly doubt they both start, at least not at the start of the year. If you think Kispert is going to come off the bench for Watson, it's not going to happen, it's just not how it goes at GU. That doesn't mean Watson won't play the important minutes like Collins did.

I'd expect the starters will be: Grad Transfer PG, Norvell, Kispert, Timme, Petrusev
    Guys that get legit run: Watson, Ravet
    Guys that will compete for rest of minutes: Ballo, Zhakarov, Arlauskas, Ayayi, Foster
    If Killie is back, healthy and with upperclassman level of confidence, the lineup will be pretty good. Need Kispert and Norvell to play big roles.

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    If Killie is back, healthy and with upperclassman level of confidence, the lineup will be pretty good. Need Kispert and Norvell to play big roles.
    If Tillie returns Gonzaga will be a top ten team once again. That would make it a team with 3 starters returning off of an Elite 8 team. We can't forget Petrusev either because he played a huge role before Tillie came back. Could that player be Ballo?
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    +1. That game is so full of politics.

Bill Self should have also picked him for the Team USA U18 squad due to his versatility. Not that I can blame Self that much. Team USA won the gold and did so easily.

These are 5 star kids. Hit the ground running. Play the best 5.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    +1. That game is so full of politics.

Bill Self should have also picked him for the Team USA U18 squad due to his versatility. Not that I can blame Self that much. Team USA won the gold and did so easily.

The reason I’m excited about next year is not just the talent. With so many new faces I hope the team can hit their stride at the right time later in the year. With a quality PG transfer, we should have the talent to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    The reason I’m excited about next year is not just the talent. With so many new faces I hope the team can hit their stride at the right time later in the year. With a quality PG transfer, we should have the talent to do well.
    Timme appears to be a pretty intense competitor. I hope next years squad has great fire and toughness.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1