Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 251 to 262 of 262

Thread: Zags and Declaring for the Draft

  1. #251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonuvazag View Post
    agreed, especially if you are including the nba...so i edited my wording even before you posted to reflect the argument as related to the zags and especially kispert...despite his solid size for a 3, he plays exclusively on the perimeter...almost 70% of his shots taken were from the the 3 and i don't recall a single play in the paint, so...

    i think if tillie had been healthy this past year, rui would have been given the chance to actually play real minutes at the 3 and yeah, zags would have easily had the best starting frontcourt (including the 3) in the nation...of course just rui and brandon clarke alone were probably the the best frontcourt in the nation (without considering the 3 spot) and many pundits made that argument, not just zag fans.

    my point was that when anyone talked about the zags "frontcourt" this past year, i don't think kispert was really a part of the discussion (rui, bc, tillie and even petrusev were).
    Last edited by WallaWallaZag; 05-30-2019 at 09:08 AM.

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Opportunity, WA
    Posts
    1,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    agreed, especially if you are talking nba...so i changed my wording a bit to reflect the argument as related to the zags and especially kispert...he plays exclusively on the perimeter...almost 70% of his shots taken were from the the 3, so...
    In searching for articles under "best frontcourts" almost every one has made a point about how difficult it is to define the term. Here Jones and Kispert were included:
    https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....frontcourts-2/

    FWIW, I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong, but maybe cut willandi some slack as it seems there is much discussion in reputable articles that follows his paradigm.
    Agent provocateur

  3. #253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonuvazag View Post
    In searching for articles under "best frontcourts" almost every one has made a point about how difficult it is to define the term. Here Jones and Kispert were included:
    https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....frontcourts-2/

    FWIW, I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong, but maybe cut willandi some slack as it seems there is much discussion in reputable articles that follows his paradigm.
    oh, i absolutely have no problem with his original argument, especially if it includes tillie and even without. it just felt like he moved the goalposts a bit by suddenly including the 3 spot when initially the discussion about the "frontcourt" was basically about all the talented incoming freshman "bigs" (plus the returning petrusev) and i don't think the 3 was under consideration.

    the 3 spot at gonzaga has almost always been just another guard and i don't think kispert changes that dynamic. if watson ends up playing at the 3, i'll be more than happy to include the 3 as part of the zag "frontcourt"...and i'm very curious to see if it will happen.
    Last edited by WallaWallaZag; 05-30-2019 at 09:29 AM.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,720

    Default

    Any update on Perkins and his plans?

    Maybe I missed it.

  5. #255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Any update on Perkins and his plans?

    Maybe I missed it.
    he's been working out for nba teams so that's obviously still the ultimate goal...i would hope and expect he could at least make a summer league team, though he probably ends up in europe.

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I am confident.

    I think that w/o Tillie the Zags will have one of the very best Front courts in College hoops, 3-5. With Tils, the best.

    I trust that Gilder and Racet will be able to handle the 1-2 spots but will be nice to have another. BZ has been consistent that there will be another at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    oh, i absolutely have no problem with his original argument, especially if it includes tillie and even without. it just felt like he moved the goalposts a bit by suddenly including the 3 spot when initially the discussion about the "frontcourt" was basically about all the talented incoming freshman "bigs" (plus the returning petrusev) and i don't think the 3 was under consideration.

    the 3 spot at gonzaga has almost always been just another guard and i don't think kispert changes that dynamic. if watson ends up playing at the 3, i'll be more than happy to include the 3 as part of the zag "frontcourt"...and i'm very curious to see if it will happen.
    Included the 3 with the first comment about it.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,880

    Default

    Analyzing who is expected to return, immediately eligible transfers, incoming recruits, these teams look to have solid frontcouts in 2019-20:

    Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Boston College, BYU, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Memphis, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio State, Oregon State, Pepperdine, Purdue, USC, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Xavier
    Last edited by exclusivelee; 05-30-2019 at 04:13 PM.

  8. #258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    Analyzing who is expected to return, immediately eligible transfers, incoming recruits, these teams look to have solid frontcouts in 2019-20:

    Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Boston College, BYU, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Gonzaga, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Memphis, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio State, Oregon State, Pepperdine, Purdue, USC, Villanova, Virginia, Washington, Xavier
    with kansas getting both azubuike and de sousa back along with mccormack i would probably put them ahead of the zags for now...

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonuvazag View Post
    In searching for articles under "best frontcourts" almost every one has made a point about how difficult it is to define the term. Here Jones and Kispert were included:
    https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....frontcourts-2/

    FWIW, I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong, but maybe cut willandi some slack as it seems there is much discussion in reputable articles that follows his paradigm.
    I agree with this. I submit that if a forward is considered the front court, a small forward is reasonable to include in that discussion. It probably depends on how the player is used more than anything. In a 3 guard line up I would consider the 1-3 spots the “backcourt.” If the small forward is hanging around on the baseline and catching lobs, maybe he’s a front court player. If Austin Daye, Wiltjer or Hachimura played at the 3 in a given lineup, I would consider any of them a front court player.

  10. #260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I agree with this. I submit that if a forward is considered the front court, a small forward is reasonable to include in that discussion. It probably depends on how the player is used more than anything. In a 3 guard line up I would consider the 1-3 spots the “backcourt.” If the small forward is hanging around on the baseline and catching lobs, maybe he’s a front court player. If Austin Daye, Wiltjer or Hachimura played at the 3 in a given lineup, I would consider any of them a front court player.
    without a doubt...where would you put kispert however???

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    without a doubt...where would you put kispert however???
    Back court

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,991

    Red face

    According to Thomas Aquinas , a former saint, and others....God created angels out of fire and light and even though they can appear in any physical form...they are ethereal and therefor a infinite number of them could be on a pin head...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •