Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD = NCAA TOURNEY, FINAL 4, SATURDAY, APRIL 6

Default OFFICIAL GAME THREAD = NCAA TOURNEY, FINAL 4, SATURDAY, APRIL 6

All times PT:

3:09pm = (5) Auburn vs. (1) Virginia
    5:49pm = (3) Texas Tech vs. (2) Michigan State

Not exactly an appealing list of major names. BUT we've seen all of these teams earn their way to a FF. These are good teams with some luck on their side. It should be a good FF. We know basketball!!!

I wonder what the impact will be of this configuration on TV ratings...with the blue bloods and a lot of other teams of national interest (including us) taking a header.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    I wonder what the impact will be of this configuration on TV ratings...with the blue bloods and a lot of other teams of national interest (including us) taking a header.
    call me weird but I am more inclined to watch final four championship if there is NO blue bloods than if the field was full blue bloods
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    call me weird but I am more inclined to watch final four championship if there is NO blue bloods than if the field was full blue bloods
    Not weird at all, and in some ways maybe more fun -- but seems like a good chunk of the casual men's college BB fan base might peel off not recognizing most of the names as traditional powers.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Parenthetically, most ( or a lot) of writers are now including us as Blues. Might be why Kentucky board is so bitter toward us.

I'm all in on rooting for Tony Bennet and UVA. He does things the right way and above board. Which is more than can be said of some of the coaches and programs in the final four.

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Not weird at all, and in some ways maybe more fun -- but seems like a good chunk of the casual men's college BB fan base might peel off not recognizing most of the names as traditional powers.
    Agree on this, but still won’t watch. I did break down this year and at the end watched bits and pieces of games with teams
    that were likely to face the Zags. But it’s over for me now until Zags begin anew in October.

I'm still debating, but I'll probably watch Saturday's games. I met several really nice TT fans and one absolute jackwagon TT fan in Anaheim, so I can't decide if I want them to win or lose yet. As far as the Championship game, I'm a Tony Bennett fan, so I guess I hope VA takes it all, especially after last year, so I'll probably watch if they're in it. A Virginia/Texas Tech championship game would be pretty brutal to watch, though.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Will be in Georgia when those games are played. . .if I can stay awake, I'll watch both. . .in the interest of my bracket, I am rooting for a MSU vs. UVA final, with UVA winning the NC.

Isn't the tournament over? I'm planting my peppers this weekend.

Well, the final four is almost here. Here is a great preview from TSN.

The ranking of the final four teams based on their chances to win it all:

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-...m1eljj6m1mqqtv

I hate when this occurs.....apparently some bug has spread thru the Auburn roster. Looks like some guys have a URI. Much better than the flu at least.....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ealing-illness

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Agreed. I thought every year they cancelled the tournament once the zags lost?

But I did peak in to root against Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    It's baseball season now.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Agreed. I thought every year they cancelled the tournament once the zags lost?

But I did peak in to root against Duke.
    That made me laugh. It cancelled for me when we lost.

I'm pulling for Michigan State. The Heathcote connection. The legendary game in Maui connection (One of the highest level college games I have seen. Just look at the stat sheet). The recruiting that more closely approximates GU than UK or Duke. The "Blueblood" snub despite a history of modern excellence and consistency. The "inside out" shooting and offensive rebounding emphasis. The noticeable lack of publicized culpability in an era of investigative revelations.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    I'm pulling for Michigan State. The Heathcote connection. The legendary game in Maui connection (One of the highest level college games I have seen. Just look at the stat sheet). The recruiting that more closely approximates GU than UK or Duke. The "Blueblood" snub despite a history of modern excellence. The "inside out" shooting and offensive rebounding emphasis. The noticeable lack of publicized culpability in an era of investigative revelations.
    its not Heathcotes Spartans

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...all-inquiries/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ed-her-n864316

I'm rooting for Michigan St. and Virginia tomorrow... love to see them battle it out for the championship.

Watching the women's game now between ND and UCONN and it's a great game.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Still crushed a week later, not sure I can watch today. Probably immature. Whatever. F*ck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Virginia over Slime baller Pearl

Texas Tech over old yeller Izzo

Meh. Tv ratings a function of weather in northeast. Balmy, forget it. Spring storm, yay Nielsens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post

Yeah, same here.

And I am more likely to watch the Frozen Four hockey final than the basketball finals if GU isn't in it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

pre game

Jay Wright on panel in Minneapolis and immediately cut to commercial with Wright doing Lowes commercial. STAR

I'm all up on the Virginia bandwagon right now.