Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The WCC has been great for Gonzaga basketball, and it's getting even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    A) Cool one year data point. UNLV, Nevada, New Mexico, San Diego State are better then every program in the WCC except potentially BYU and Saint Mary's. If we left the WCC, BYU would be forced back to the MWC. The only up and coming program just had their coach leave for WSU.
    B)Recency Bias
    C)Great they have more resources for better facilities and real arenas.
    D)That doesn't matter much for me. Gonzaga will stand on its own academically by the standards it holds itself too and the type of student the school is targeting for admissions. Santa Clara and Pepperdine are good schools, but the rest of the WCC is not much to write home about academically.
    SMDH.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Under no circumstances is the WCC good for Gonzaga. It's fine and what we are stuck with, but it hurts us nationally, with recruiting, money etc. Luckily our program has been clever on finding ways to overcome that adversity.
    In all 'due' respect, we had this on Pacific's board from a poster.... whom I agreed with:

"I'm tired of Few shooting off his mouth also, but for a little different reason. After blackmailing the conference for two extra out-of-conference games, whom did they play? North Alabama and Cal state Bakersfield! Before that there was UT Arlington and Denver. 'Nuff said."

So bottom line, IF ZAGS ARE TIRED OF 'USING THE WCC' AS AN EXCUSE, Please go ahead and jump down to the MW or try to revive the WAC! Lots-a-ruck .... and 'kiss most of your athletes in the 'minor sports' GOOD BYE!

SO look at those mighty games you warmed up with.... I know, Denver was for "Perkins"...yet you didn't even have the Kahones' to play the game in Denver!

Under no circumstances is the WCC good for Gonzaga. It's fine and what we are stuck with, but it hurts us nationally, with recruiting, money etc. Luckily our program has been clever on finding ways to overcome that adversity.
    "we." "us." "our."

We didn't want the guy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo 1966 View Post
    In all 'due' respect, we had this on Pacific's board from a poster.... whom I agreed with:

"I'm tired of Few shooting off his mouth also, but for a little different reason. After blackmailing the conference for two extra out-of-conference games, whom did they play? North Alabama and Cal state Bakersfield! Before that there was UT Arlington and Denver. 'Nuff said."

So bottom line, IF ZAGS ARE TIRED OF 'USING THE WCC' AS AN EXCUSE, Please go ahead and jump down to the MW or try to revive the WAC! Lots-a-ruck .... and 'kiss most of your athletes in the 'minor sports' GOOD BYE!

SO look at those mighty games you warmed up with.... I know, Denver was for "Perkins"...yet you didn't even have the Kahones' to play the game in Denver!
    QFT