The WCC has been great for Gonzaga basketball, and it's getting even better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ladyzag12
    Kennel Club Material
    • Mar 2019

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I believe you are wrong and next year’s #5 Nationally ranked recruiting class supports my argument.
    Year in and year out. I love the class coming in and we have found a unique talent pipeline composed of grad transfers and foreign guys that makes us prominent, combined with exceptional player development. Don't think for a minute though that we are in the same league as Arizona, UCLA, Villanova, Oregon, or even USC when it comes to recruiting American players. Forget even being competitive with the true blue bloods. I am generally a proponent of the Michigan State UNC approach of recruiting if you can recruit at that level: get top 100 guys that will stay four for years generally with a few one and dones occasionally.

Comment

• Ladyzag12
      Kennel Club Material
      • Mar 2019

I believe you are wrong and next year’s #5 Nationally ranked recruiting class supports my argument.
      How many WCC games are you actually excited to see per year? Saint Mary's and occasionally BYU?

Comment

• bartruff1
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2010

All of them....won't miss a game....but I would prefer they play a full home and home schedule....

Comment

• Zagceo
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
          How many WCC games are you actually excited to see per year? Saint Mary's and occasionally BYU?
          Zero

Comment

• Pargo the Destroyer
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2008

Itll be super awesome when you and spy both run out of energy and go to bed, you've been on an almost 2 day bender. Convinced that you're either the same person or married to each other. Get some rest you (two?) Itll all be better in the morning.

Comment

• Ladyzag12
              Kennel Club Material
              • Mar 2019

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
              All of them....won't miss a game....but I would prefer they play a full home and home schedule....
              It really sucks when the expectation is we have to beat each team by 20.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2013

Don’t miss a second of any game. Gameday is best day of the week. If they played 5 from my HS I’d be pumped.
                Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
                  Itll be super awesome when you and spy both run out of energy and go to bed, you've been on an almost 2 day bender. Convinced that you're either the same person or married to each other. Get some rest you (two?) Itll all be better in the morning.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

It really sucks when the expectation is we have to beat each team by 20.
                    I don't think you're going to have to worry about that next season, which undoubtedly have peaks and valleys we haven't seen in conference play for several years.

Get ready for a couple of road games where the students rush the court at the end of the game. It's inevitable that "the streak" will end, and our youth as a team will be taken advantage of.

Comment

• Ladyzag12
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Mar 2019

Under no circumstances is the WCC good for Gonzaga. It's fine and what we are stuck with, but it hurts us nationally, with recruiting, money etc. Luckily our program has been clever on finding ways to overcome that adversity.

Comment

• HillZag
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Sep 2013

That's not the difference. In wanting more, we're the same.

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme
                        And that in a nutshell is the difference between the two of us; you're ok with that and I am not. But guess what, there's nothing I can do about it, it is what it is.
                        The difference is that I believe our league is moving forward, not as fast as I'd like, but moving forward nonetheless (which is more than most mid major leagues can say these days). Measurable facts support this view.

You believe that complaining incessantly about the league we are a part of is of some benefit to the program. What benefit that could be has never been explained, but you are so dedicated to that cause, surely you believe you're helping GU by making sure other fans, opponents, and recruits know how crappy our conference situation is.

Never the first acknowledgement of the difference between now and 15 years ago. Never the first acknowledgement of the small sport or academic strength. No recognition that being a Top 8 league was far out of reach a few years ago. Nothing positive, nada.

Since we appear to be here for the long haul, and since there has, as a point of fact, been growth, perhaps you would be willing to take a brief sabattical from your campaign against the WCC.
                        "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

Comment

• Birddog
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
                          Meth is really bad $hit.
                          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                          All mimsy were the borogoves,
                          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Zagger
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2008

I like the WCC OK. Just wish the WCC would get better faster than it is. Yeah, I know, things take time and what’s happened, and is happening, here in Spokane is unique due to a host of qualities/attributes that just do not exist at other WCC school locations. But, I do see the improvement and this season’s 20+ point average win margin within the WCC by the Zags may very well not be attainable again (I personally feel it may be awhile before future Zag teams are as good as this season’s team). The point spreads being more indicative of how good the team was than how lacking other WCC teams were. I will say one thing I really don’t like about the WCC is the new WCC logo. That’s about as negative as I wanna get

Comment

• DZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

Owned.
                              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                              Mark Twain.

Comment

• Ladyzag12
                                Kennel Club Material
                                • Mar 2019

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                                Owned.
                                How many burger boys are in that class? How many top 40 guys are in that class? Are we competitive recruiting in Seattle or California? I am glad you think a consistent recruiting headwind caused by the WCC is good for the program. This class was put together because of how well and how early our staff gets to recruits and where they find them.

Comment

Working...
                                X