Thread: Bad day at Black Rock. Discuss

Default Bad day at Black Rock. Discuss

Bad day at Black Rock. No more Zion. RJ chokes. Koach always a classy loser.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Bad day at Black Rock. No more Zion. RJ chokes. Koach always a classy loser.
    Black Sunday at CBS his final four will not be a ratings coup. The potential TT vs VA first to 30 will not be moving the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Black Sunday at CBS his final four will not be a ratings coup. The potential TT vs VA first to 30 will not be moving the needle.
    Good job, Van. Welcome back.

Too bad Kentucky and Duke don't play in a conference that prepares them for the Final Four, said no one ever

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Too bad Kentucky and Duke don't play in a conference that prepares them for the Final Four, said no one ever
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Exactly! All this nonsense about joining another conference

Great movie! Loved Spencer Tracey in that film.

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Some interesting stats:

Since 1985 Kentucky is 8-9 In Elite Eight Games. Including 4-5 this century.

Kansas is 3-5 in elite eight games in their last 8 trips to elite eight. These games aren’t easy to win
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    You know why they don’t say it? Because those same conferences prepared Virginia and Auburn for it.
    Ok so if Virginia and Auburn were "prepared" but their conference brethren in Kentucky, Duke, Carolina, Tennessee, Florida State etc were not prepared (since losing before the final four apparently means "not prepared") then can we dispense with the idea that a conference "prepares" teams for the tournament? I mean if all these great teams from great conferences lost before the Final Four, can't we conclude that their conference affiliation didn't prepare them?

The Zags were plenty well prepared. They just failed to take care of the ball and hit some key shots. That's it. And despite that they were only down 2 with eleven seconds to play.

You can prepare all you want but in games you need to execute. The Zags didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    You know why they don’t say it? Because those same conferences prepared Virginia and Auburn for it.
    Please do explain how the conferences prepare some teams but not others.

They should dissolve the SEC and ACC - no good at preparing teams! Purdue - not prepared. MSU - prepared. Duke/UNC - not prepared. Virginia- Prepared. It’s all so predictable. I could have predicted all of this (just as soon as the games are over). Carry on.