Thread: Valor Morghulis...The Battle of Winterfell Death Pool

Default Valor Morghulis...The Battle of Winterfell Death Pool

All Men Must Die...

The Battle of Winterfell is upon us. The next episode of Game of Thrones will feature the longest continuous battle scene in the history of movies or television. Who lives? Who dies?

Pick ten characters who die in Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 3. Pick five survivors.

Grey Worm
    Theon Greyjoy
    Dolorous Edd
    Brienne of Tarth
    Podrick Payne
    Beric Dondarrion
    Tormund Giantsbane
    Davos Seaworth
    Rhaegal
    Ghost

Survivors

The Hound
    John Snow
    Arya Stark
    Jaime Lannister
    Drogon
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

I have seen nothing of this series. Guess it gives me something to do one of these summers.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

We finished season 7 but haven't started 8, so I don't know who has died in the first two episodes or who is even at that battle.
    I'm hoping Yara gets out of captivity (I would actually pick her as a dark horse for the ruler of Westeros)
    I like Jon Snow to rule as well (but I almost feel like the series has built up to that, so I think he'll either die again haha or someone else will rule).
    In the end all I want is for Tormund and Brienne to be a couple (I think the Jaime/Brienne episodes were entertaining in a quirky ROM com kind of way).

You're in for a treat JG.

No spoilers, other than the cinematogrophy in Season 8, Episode 3 was a little to dark for my liking. But what ever.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    You're in for a treat JG.

No spoilers, other than the cinematogrophy in Season 8, Episode 3 was a little to dark for my liking. But what ever.
    That's what I heard! Our TV is pretty bad for dark scenes but we plan to sign up for HBO now so maybe it'll be better to watch that episode on a tablet so it'll be closer.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I have seen nothing of this series. Guess it gives me something to do one of these summers.
    disclaimer .....its not for everybody.

Game of Thrones is a show that has depicted slaughtered children, and sexual violence, and martial violence, and torture both psychological and physical; it is a show that, often, looks at conventional notions of morality and scoffs at their quaintness. Incest in some ways is no different: It’s a taboo that Throneshas generally regarded with a mixture of horror and shoulder-shrugging acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    disclaimer .....its not for everybody.
    I think the first 2 or 3 seasons are the most shocking. I'm kind of a prude but I'm glad I didn't write off the whole series just because of the early seasons. As the series has gone on it seems like they've drastically cut back on nudity and every female character left is a total BA. With that being said, I can understand how some of the themes can be really hard to watch if someone has experienced trauma or violence.

I picked up the book, read the first 50 pages, had no idea what the hell was going on, decided I could write a better one, I did, but most have failed to notice.

Sigh.

Some did.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I picked up the book, read the first 50 pages, had no idea what the hell was going on, decided I could write a better one, I did, but most have failed to notice.

Sigh.

Some did.
    I did.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I love Game of Thrones!!!

They should make another sequel at the end of this season.