Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now What? What's Next? How Do You Fill Your Empty Life?

Default Now What? What's Next? How Do You Fill Your Empty Life?

Now that the GREATEST ZAG TEAM IN ALL TIME AND FOREVER suffered a defeat having to do mostly with inability to score more points (unless you buy into theories on the MBB) which will happen in ONE GAME SEASONS - which is what the tournament is - how do you plan to carry on???

Or ..do you???

ME

1. Vow to check MBB 2x a day max, and only for "interesting" threads.

2. Garden garden garden

3. NHL playoffs not far away.

4. There's that sequel that needs to get out.

5. Learn Mandarin

6. FOOOOOOOO

7. I hear we have the greatest Zag recruiting class ever coming in, too bad they won't make the tournament according to clairvoyants on the MBB.

8. Get to know my family again.

9. Run to the store

10. Watch more videos of planes landing in places I will never go!! Like this one, landing in Murmansk Russia!

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Years ago....Few said...... to the effect...... that the best two basketball days are the day it starts and the day it ends.....

it is Spring !!! I will be outside playing till it is cold and dark and Gonzaga's Season begins.....I have been retired for more than 20 years so I have mastered the art of service and play...there are a endless number of things to do that are rewarding and fun.....first Spring....then Summer....then Fall..... and then Winter..... and each season full of opportunities...

If Gonzaga played their games at any other time of the year …..or time of the day...... I would never see a game...

I signed up for HBO... gonna get through the new season of Silicon Valley, watch the Adnan Syed series, watch the Elizabeth Holmes thing, and as many movies as I can get through in the next week.

My signature says it all. . .headed for Augusta, GA, this coming Friday. . .getting by the last weeks of my dedicated working life. . .headed to Big Sur on 5/6. . .after that, whatever the hell I feel like.

I do have a fair amount of puttering to do in my yard, but now I won't have to get it all done over a weekend or after work.

I expect to go here fairly often:

and to also explore other camp sites that should be less overwhelmed Mondays - Weds nights. . .

Have a wonderful Spring & Summer. Don't forget those term papers and study for finals

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Man, I could sure use a week in the woods!! That looks wonderful.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

There is always the Resistance ….

This coming week is going to be very busy, luckily I'll be too busy just making sure I'm not forgetting a kid or commitment somewhere to have time to think about the tournament loss. It'll be fun though, STEM class and meet the author at the library for the big kids, taking all three boys to a play and lots of prep work this week for a big fundraising event at the preschool on Saturday. The 5 year old gets to model a tux (I talked him into a cutaway coat telling him he would look like the Monopoly Man) so I'm pretty excited to see what my crazy kid does next Saturday, maybe he'll do a Zoolander pose

Three fantasy baseball leagues ... and the final season of Game of Thrones
    So many brackets, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    T for a big fundraising event at the preschool on Saturday
    Are you raising funds to get the extra money to hire an All-Star SAT prep coach?

We laugh, but in some places ….
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Are you raising funds to get the extra money to hire an All-Star SAT prep coach?

We laugh, but in some places ….
    Lol, just to keep tuition down. I need to make sure they're still open when boy #3 needs a preschool so I've been hustling!

Did you know it's possible to win five games in the NCAA tournament and still not play for the national title ?

This and other randomness will take up the spare time I have between now and the first Zags exhibition game in November. . .roughly 7 months from now.

I'm going to climb Mt St Helens on the day of the NCAA Championship. I'm camping up at Larrabee during my daughter's spring break. I hope to hit some breweries in Bellingham while I am there. At the end of May, I am meeting my dad in Minnesota and we are going to canoe the boundary waters. I'm super excited about that trip. I'm hoping to climb Mt Shasta in early July and I'm hoping to go backpacking in the Goat Rocks Wilderness at the end of July. There may be another attempt at Mt Stuart in there too.
    Bring back the OCC

Spring soccer season has now kicked off. I am coaching my youngest daughter's team so my evenings and Saturday mornings are now full with that.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    My signature says it all. . .headed for Augusta, GA, this coming Friday. . .getting by the last weeks of my dedicated working life. . .headed to Big Sur on 5/6. . .after that, whatever the hell I feel like.

I do have a fair amount of puttering to do in my yard, but now I won't have to get it all done over a weekend or after work.

I expect to go here fairly often:

and to also explore other camp sites that should be less overwhelmed Mondays - Weds nights. . .

Have a wonderful Spring & Summer. Don't forget those term papers and study for finals
    One more month!
    Bring back the OCC

Thankfully, I have two fairly successful teams from my home state to support in the NBA and MLB. With the money I saved by not going to Minneapolis, I might attend an NBA playoff game (I booked a non-refundable flight, so I've got to use the funds somehow). For baseball, I've got tickets to Opening Day in SF (just because it's Opening Day), which will probably be cold and rainy, but warmer weather will be here soon, along with a couple of weekend roadtrips already planned to see my team play (pray for me - one of them is at Dodger Stadium). The NFL schedule comes out in a couple of weeks, and I'll begin the process of planning a few trips for next fall. And then before you know it, it will be November!
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

I’m drinking the bottle of Bourbon County I was saving to celebrate the Zag Final Four.

“There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Heading to the Miami area to get a 'massage'.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    One more month!
    28 calendar Days and 18 workdays. . .

Heading back to Spokane to hopefully spend the summer there.

There will be lots of maintenance to keep me busy all summer.
    Plus, I told my next door neighbor that I would help her maintain her
    lawn this summer. She shoveled my sidewalk all last winter, so it is payback time.

The little guy took his first few steps today...so I think I'm pretty much booked solid chasing him around until he's in kindergarten!

The little guy took his first few steps today...so I think I'm pretty much booked solid chasing him around until he's in kindergarten!
    I was just remembering your wonderful birth announcement here when the "little guy" (as opposed to the 2 "big guys"?) was born. How old is he now?

So, as I read it, you have 3 boys with a ton of Foo uncles that are going to be wanting score updates, stats, film, all that, when they start competing. Or, maybe they become theatre stars.

One thing we can probably count upon, with you as mom, they won't be sitting at home getting carpel tunnel playing X-Box all summer.

Did the little guy go to his left with a nice crossover in his first steps? Just wondering. And what height percentile are we talking? GU needs some "little guys" pretty badly now ...
    Mark Twain.

That's awesome!
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I was just remembering your wonderful birth announcement here when the "little guy" (as opposed to the 2 "big guys"?) was born. How old is he now?

So, as I read it, you have 3 boys with a ton of Foo uncles that are going to be wanting score updates, stats, film, all that, when they start competing. Or, maybe they become theatre stars.

One thing we can probably count upon, with you as mom, they won't be sitting at home getting carpel tunnel playing X-Box all summer.

Did the little guy go to his left with a nice crossover in his first steps? Just wondering. And what height percentile are we talking? GU needs some "little guys" pretty badly now ...
    He turns one on the 16th, it's gone by way too fast! He likes getting into everything his brothers are doing. He also learned to climb onto furniture this weekend, which is terrifying since he doesn't always want to dismount feet first. And clapping was learned right after he took a few steps, he decided that taking steps without proper acknowledgement of his hard work wasn't going to cut it.
    So he'll take a couple steps, clap for himself, the clapping makes him lose his balance, he falls, and then claps for his graceful fall while he's laying down

Hubby and the boys were thinking of signing up for soccer this summer but it looks like we'd be committing our full Saturdays if we went with the local club...and I'm just not willing to give up the full day when we could go kayaking or biking instead of taking turns sitting at the field. I plan to teach the oldest one to ice skate better this summer so he can play hockey for a Little Penguins team in the winter (it's a relatively cheap way to start hockey since they give you the equipment), I'm not sure if Stanley will want to learn to skate too or if he's just happy standing firmly on the ground.
    They actually do like video games, much to my chagrin, but they've only played older games, our "newest" console is either a GameCube or a PS2 lol. But they can do that when it rains and I don't feel like taking them to a museum.
    All of our boys have been 70th(oldest) to 99th(the younger two)percentile as babies, I would be very very surprised if that trend continues into adulthood, although who knows, one may surprise us.

I’m retiring in 11 days. Camping in Big Sur six days later.

Will figure out the rest as I go along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

I survive on a copious amount of Rick and Morty.

I you know not of Rick and Morty... you have my pity. Truly a genius show.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death