Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Join Another League

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    work on being more tolerant of others ideas...its free and it doesn't hurt anyone in the end.
    Good advice.

I think a lot of stuff written on the GU Boards is complete nonsense and has no added value....so what...its a place for FANATICS...a person exhibiting excessive enthusiasm and intense uncritical devotion toward some controversial matter
    I'm territorial. It happens when you hang out in a community for 20 years. I don't like folks ####ing up our community. Good, bad or indifferent, its how I feel. Folks I like have left the community because of this kind of nonsense and I might be one of them too.

I'm happy for you that you can overlook it, but I choose not to, until I do, and that will probably be the day I stop coming here.

I intend to stay around...but in the interests of civility I promise never to reply to a thread that I disagree with.....I will read them but ignore them as best I can....that should reduce my posting by at least 50%...since more than half of the posts in here are f'ing stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I intend to stay around...but in the interests of civility I promise never to reply to a thread that I disagree with.....I will read them but ignore them as best I can....that should reduce my posting by at least 50%...since more than half of the posts in here are f'ing stupid...

11 pages in a day & a half? Since I just got here I'm not gonna' go thru the whole thing.

As far as joining another league, has anyone suggested NFC West yet? Makes geographic sense. Although with only 13 schollies most of the guys will have to play both sides of the ball. Imagine they'll be pretty tired in the 2nd half.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    11 pages in a day & a half? Since I just got here I'm not gonna' go thru the whole thing.

As far as joining another league, has anyone suggested NFC West yet? Makes geographic sense. Although with only 13 schollies most of the guys will have to play both sides of the ball. Imagine they'll be pretty tired in the 2nd half.
    And have to play to Cards and Niners every year???? thanks but no thanks... such a step down
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNation View Post
    GU Boards became 100 % better today. Thanks you mods for taking out the trash.

Really? Classless post of the year.

Really? Classless post of the year.
    I understand this position, but after ALL the talk less than a year ago about changing conferences, moving to the MWC...ALL THAT
    sometimes just getting rid of the same old, same old is the best move.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

If you are playing poker for a hour and you don't know who the sucker is....your the sucker....

Now ...if you are having heated arguments with 6 people at a time..... nearly every day..... about opinions....that is a clue that they are not the problem...

I don't think you get a timeout for disagreeing...... but for being disagreeable...

I wonder what the Zag admins would do if the Big 12 came knocking and asked Gonzaga to join as a non-football member in all sports.

Thank them....Politely refuse their offer......buy lunch....

Straight line distance from Spokane to:

Austin - 1,591.28 miles
    Iowa City - 1331.06 miles
    Morgantown, WV - 1932.7 miles
    Lawrence, KS - 1260.36 miles
    --
    San Diego - 1032.53 miles
    San Francisco - 728.01 miles
    Provo - 587.38 miles

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Politely refuse their offer.....
    Yeah...travel distance would be more than 50 percent higher based on my rough averages above. If they had an offer for basketball-only, and other sports were able stay in WCC or go join the Big West, I think they'd take it, though, subject to t crossing and i dotting.

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Yeah...travel distance would be more than 50 percent higher based on my rough averages above. If they had an offer for basketball-only, and other sports were able stay in WCC or go join the Big West, I think they'd take it, though, subject to t crossing and i dotting.
    The problem with that is the not sure WCC would accept GU without hoops. I think the other sports that GU has get lost in the mix when people discuss this... meanwhile those OTHER teams make up a vast majority of the athletes.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    The problem with that is the not sure WCC would accept GU without hoops. I think the other sports that GU has get lost in the mix when people discuss this... meanwhile those OTHER teams make up a vast majority of the athletes.
    We are on the same page. I would not support a basketball-only move to the Pac 12 or Big 12 (or some new restructured conference), if it meant other sports had to join the Big Sky or an equivalent conference. The next best thing, in my opinion, to the WCC for other sports, if we were kicked out, would be the the Big West. I could probably get behind that. I don't think I'd support a move for other sports to the MWC or some mixed conference membership, which I think would be bad for Gonzaga University and our athletics programs generally.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I think this is a key point that people often forget. The WCC is the perfect conference for all of our other sports. It isn't necessarily an absolute deal-breaker, but it's certainly a major factor.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    I think this is a key point that people often forget. The WCC is the perfect conference for all of our other sports. It isn't necessarily an absolute deal-breaker, but it's certainly a major factor.
    I don't think people are forgetting about this, it's pretty clear they don't care about the other sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallet View Post
    I don't think people are forgetting about this, it's pretty clear they don't care about the other sports.
    That may be, but the university cares.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    That may be, but the university cares.

This.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Worst mistake GU could ever make would be to leave WCC! Kids go to GU because they know they are going to win and win a lot. Just ask NWG or any transfer, they go to GU because they think they have a shot final four or more. GU also has developed a tremendous rep for developing kids from outside the US. It cracks me up when people think GU loses a recruit to Duke because they are in the WCC! GU has an identity just like any high-level major school. GU's identity is that they kick ***! They beat teams by 40! Just ask all the top 50 recruits that are coming to Spokane in the next couple of years. 20 years ago people would say that you are crazy to recruit a kid who is being recruited by a pac 12 school or any major conference, that is not the case today! Gonzaga has had a slow but steady rize to college basketball elite status. The WCC has never been a problem from a basketball standpoint are there more opportunities to make more money in other conferences? Of course! That again is not the problem! Talent and lots of it is the key! The Coaching staff is elite and the facility's are elite the conference is okay but it offers Gonzaga basketball to be elite by being unique! Remember all this success has occurred in the WCC, If
    anyone thinks GU would have had this success by moving to a power 5 think again! GU bball is like a business that didn't over expand to soon, they stuck with what works and now look where they are going! When Gonzaga only makes it to the elite 8 people are disappointed and rightfully so!