Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A little pick me up after tonight.... the future is looking alright.

Default A little pick me up after tonight.... the future is looking alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Projected Starting 5 next year:

Ravet/Ayayi :woah:
    Norvell (Hopefully)
    Kispert
    Timme
    Petrusev

Watson, Zhakarov, Ballo, Arlauskas off the bench

Very Very young. Should be fun to watch them grow, but even with Norvell coming back which sounds like is not a guarantee, I don't see that as a team advancing any further than a sweet 16.

Now if we got a graduate transfer pg who is ELITE....which you find, who knows where... then we have a chance at something special. I think Norvell and Kispert will be very very good next year and will make a big jump. Inside we have (5) 4 or 5 star guys .. 5!!!!!!

However in 2020-2021??? But thats so far away.. ugh!!

I'm thinking we'll be need a PG with lots of focus, skills and experience. Such a person is in sight. Dom Harris won't be here for another season unfortunately. Some really good player will be needed. I know I wouldn't turn Joel or Brock loose as a PG. Trust the Fewmeister……..

I mean if we got a stud pg.. and Norvell and lets say tillie returns... which i think is less than 50%... then we may be on to something.

I don't expect to make a huge run next year. My join i imagine will see the growth in the young guys.

Nah! If you believe in the coaching staff, the streak will live on

Quote Originally Posted by Ezag View Post
    No kidding. Not ending at all

It was fun to continue updating the ole signature though
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezag View Post
    Of course it will..... with a recruiting class like that and a grad transfer or two...I could see another SS or more....

Winning Maui and beating Duke was huge and beating Florida State was even more important for the Program....

Help me out.. assuming 3 out of 4 of Clarke, Rui Tillie and Norvell leave, how many open scholarships would we currently have?

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Help me out.. assuming 3 out of 4 of Clarke, Rui Tillie and Norvell leave, how many open scholarships would we currently have?
    http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...07#post1436007

Looks like 3 (2 with Oumar Ballo)

Tillie needs to come back and lead this team... It's his turn.

Honestly, i don't see either Foster or Ayayi back. Foster most likely..

Which depending on tillie returning, would mean 2 or 3 spots. If I'm few I'm adding the 2 best grad transfers i can get my hands on.

College basketball continues to have more and more grad transfers each year and many want to play for an elite program such as ours.

2020-2021 will be one of the better years yet i have a feeling.. no need to get any younger by adding two more freshman.. get two Matt Mooney types to fill in with what we currently have.m

Dunno why anyone could think we're going downhill. Rui? Gone?? Dunno based on the last few games. Numbers were ok but the play wasn't. Clarke? Probably. Norvell? Where? He goes nowhere...not now anyway.
    Tillie?? Dunno why he didn't play more today? Feet hurting again?? Not one full season and someone thinks he'll be drafted?? I doubt it. Doesn't mean he'll stay but he's not going NBA or even drafted I would guess.

We now have 7 months to figure it out. We will.

A lot of comments tonight are irrational and surely influenced by todays disappointing game and the premature season end. Give it a few days. Or even till post FF. We have lots to look forward to.

Rui has been just so non lottery is the past several games I’m not so sure. Clarke? Love him to stay but he’s a goner. Rui hasn’t been the old Rui for weeks......not sure why he’s different but to me he is. Whether this factors into a change in his NBA draft isn’t known. ... unless you ask Spy who seems to know everything these days lololol

Typing on my new phone without glasses is dangerous as I just found out.
    Last edited by MDABE80; 03-31-2019 at 01:06 AM.

My thoughts on some of the future Zags:

Anton Watson is a better NBA prospect than Rui. Not quite built in the same way, but I believe he's a more fluid and explosive athlete. He's going to be a star for us.

Drew Timme can pass like Karnowski, handle like Rui in the open court, and has post footwork like Sabonis. A little bit limited athletically and may struggle to protect the rim, but I think he will be an All-American in his time here.

Pavel Zakharov has really high upside and projects as an elite defender and shot blocker. Reminds me of a Zach Collins type defender. Should have him for a few years at least and I imagine he blossoms in that time.

Oumar Ballo is raw, but a physical specimen. May have an unparalleled combination of size, strength, and athleticism from anyone we've had before. He will be knocking on the NBA's door in a few years. I'm drooling at the thought of having him as a bench/energy guy off the bench to start his career. He will be a difference maker right off the bat

Our front court next year is absolutely STACKED. We're just missing a high level point guard to make everything go. Imagine landing a guy like Matt Mooney who Texas Tech snagged off of the grad transfer market. Still feel like we win a game or two in the tournament with next year's squad, the year after could be another contending year, especially if Zach is still around.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Dunno why anyone could think we're going downhill. Rui? Gone?? Dunno based on the last few games. Numbers were ok but the play wasn't. Clarke? Probably. Norvell? Where? He goes nowhere...not now anyway.
    Tillie?? Dunno why he didn't play more today? Feet hurting again?? Not one full season and someone thinks he'll be drafted?? I doubt it. Doesn't mean he'll stay but he's not going NBA or even drafted I would guess.

We now have 7 months to figure it out. We will.

A lot of comments tonight are irrational and surely influenced by todays disappointing game and the premature season end. Give it a few days. Or even till post FF. We have lots to look forward to.
    Great post. I expect two of the three juniors to return, plus Norvell. They are FAMILY - want to climb the mountain together.

Sick to my stomach how the tournament has unfolded so far. I'm glad that the Zags are recruiting well. Regroup and make another run next season!

Rui and Clarke are definitely gone. Let’s no set ourselves up for more heartbreak. Tillie is the only one that I could see coming back.. and that’s a stretch. I’m expecting all three to leave. If they don’t it’s a bonus. One thing I agree with is we aren’t going downhill. That’s just crazy. Some posters can’t lay off extreme view points for whatever reason. I guess that’s what you get here.

We have our best ever recruiting cksss coming in. We’ll be okay. Few is an elite coach. We’ll win a lot of games and be in tourney. Past that I have no clue

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Rui and clarke and tillie are going to be gone. I just cant believe Few forgot about Tillie in the game.
    Love the zags for life

It's huge for is to get more guys into the NBA, especially as first rounders. Incoming class is so talented, plus Petrusev will be a top 15 big man in the country next year. Anton will be so good defensively from day one, let alone the rest of his talent.

Default Petrusev + arlauskas question

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    It's huge for is to get more guys into the NBA, especially as first rounders. Incoming class is so talented, plus Petrusev will be a top 15 big man in the country next year. Anton will be so good defensively from day one, let alone the rest of his talent.
    I am glad you brought up Petrusev. He was a forgotten man and at times think got the "larsen" treatment. However, if given the chance i agree with you. Not sure next year, but by his junior season, i would be surprised if he is NOT one of the better big men in the country. I truly think he will start next year despite the talented bigs coming in and will be a huge contributor next season.

With Ballo, Petrusev, Timme, Petrusev and Watson all practicing against each other, the improvement will be increased even further.

I want to know about Arlauskas. What is the latest on him? He is the least talked about recruit coming over, but from the video i have seen, he is one of the most likely to contribute right away. Zalgris is one of the better teams in Europe from what i have read and didn't the kid average 9 ppg for them? What am i missing? Seems like he could be a 7-10 ppg scorer from day one?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Agreed, I was gonna post that, but I thought that it might be bit too soon. I see one or both getting the PMAC/Alberts/Arop/Morninghoff/Keita/Nunez/Villarino treatment.
    Yup. They aren’t bad players, just guys who won’t play. Both are great kids though. I’m sure they’ve contributed in positive ways to our program. Just don’t know what yet

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

We have decent bigs. What we need are guards who can hit at least two consecutive 3's. How often did any of our "shooters" hit more than 2 in a row from distance? The game has changed. Few has done a marvelous job with recruiting and developing high quality bigs, but a mediocre (at best) job with guards.

Ravet is a cold blooded 3 point shooter in the mold of the UVA guys and Cline from Purdue.
    He'd better be....the less athletic the better. Just stick more than 2 in a row. I'm done w volume shooters.

With so many new pieces/parts it sure will be interesting. That’s for sure! How well we’ll do? Open question.

Make the Dance is a reasonable expectation, but I don’t think we’ll be ruminatin’ on #1 seed stuff like this year. But that’s OK! We could use a little break from all that.

Weak………..a snippet or two from the lowest class HS basketball there is in WA St. Among the weakest posts to prove a point in quite some time. I hope he's good at the D1 level. HOPE is a good thing