Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD = NCAA TOURNEY, ELITE 8, SUNDAY, MARCH 31

Default OFFICIAL GAME THREAD = NCAA TOURNEY, ELITE 8, SUNDAY, MARCH 31

All times PT:

11:20am = (5) Auburn vs. (2) Kentucky, CBS, MW Region, from Kansas City, MO
    2:05pm = (2) Michigan State vs. (1) Duke, CBS, East Region, from Washington D.C.

Go Auburn I guess and MSU. yay FF.

Thank you CDC for putting the daily tournament schedules together.

UCONN upsets Louisville to get to their 110th FF in a row.

Graves and #2 UO up by 2 at the half over 1 Seed Miss St. The game is in Portland.

UK up 10 on Auburn. 4:40 till half.

Who cares? Detest Pearl, clown.

So 60 Minutes was canceled for Zion’s continuing coronation?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Who cares? Detest Pearl, clown.
    worst kind...sweaty

His tall is Harper?

AS I watch this first game on CBS, it's just becomes so clear how good and athletic these teams are. Few must be a genius to get us this far every year. In some ways, I can see why Kentucky is full of disdain. They simply don't think we're up to speed or at their level. And yet we somehow win and get reasonably deep in this NCAAA tournament. Amazing testimony to what this school and this staff has done.

And a sincere "Thank you" to CDC ( tournament) and to Reno ( regular season) for organizing the games daily and letting us know.....takes some time and effort.

Go Auburn! Would be pretty cool to have a pair of first timers crash the Final 4 party (unfortunately 1 came at the expense of GU).

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Go Auburn! Would be pretty cool to have a pair of first timers crash the Final 4 party (unfortunately 1 came at the expense of GU).
    It wouldn’t be turrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    AS I watch this first game on CBS, it's just becomes so clear how good and athletic these teams are. Few must be a genius to get us this far every year. In some ways, I can see why Kentucky is full of disdain. They simply don't think we're up to speed or at their level. And yet we somehow win and get reasonably deep in this NCAAA tournament. Amazing testimony to what this school and this staff has done.

And a sincere "Thank you" to CDC ( tournament) and to Reno ( regular season) for organizing the games daily and letting us know.....takes some time and effort.
    Dittos, Abe. Zags now land top 50-100 players and develop them. Schools like UK, Duke, UNC get the top 1-30, and the difference in athleticism is huge between the two groups. Sure, we nab a top 30 player every now and then, but rarely.

What the staff does a great job at is get players that are student athletes that buy into the family concept at GU. It's a great combination, and a recipe for success on and off the court.

Congrats to Auburn. CBS can’t be happy with Auburn - other than Charles. Sorry Ashley.

Barkley is going to be beside himself w/ joy. Glad that devastating injury to one of their best players didn't end this magical run Auburn is on. Knocked off KU, UNC and UK in successive games. Hmm, that's what Arizona did on their way to their only Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ777 View Post
    Congrats to Auburn. CBS can’t be happy with Auburn - other than Charles. Sorry Ashley.
    NCAA can't be real happy either, what with Auburn's involvement in the FBI investigation. I see vacations of wins in the near future, thanks to their former assistant coach.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Barkley is going to be beside himself w/ joy. Glad that devastating injury to one of their best players didn't end this magical run Auburn is on. Knocked off KU, UNC and UK in successive games. Hmm, that's what Arizona did on their way to their only Championship.
    Can they do what U Arizona did in spite of that key injury? We will see. If they do win it will it end up being vacated down the road? The Coach is Bruce Pearl....

CBS won’t be happy if Duke gets knocked out

Can they do what U Arizona did in spite of that key injury? We will see. If they do win it will it end up being vacated down the road? The Coach is Bruce Pearl....
    Yeah, vacated National Titles is a bad look. Is Louisville the only one? Vacated Runner Up, that's more palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    CBS won’t be happy if Duke gets knocked out
    I agree, but it seems like 75% of the population has a disdain for Duke. Does CBS want Duke just because of Zion? Are they like the Yankees? A team many hate but watch anyway.

My bracket is busted so I want to see TTU or MSU against UVA in the finals.

Stop the presses! A call went against Zion!

Kelly Graves and the Lady Ducks are going to the FF. Congrats. I’m sure #1 Miss St wasn’t happy playing UO in Portland. Great crowd. This was about an hour ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    NCAA can't be real happy either, what with Auburn's involvement in the FBI investigation. I see vacations of wins in the near future, thanks to their former assistant coach.
    You are correct they will punish Missouri Tech unmercifully.

Kelly Graves and the Lady Ducks are going to the FF. Congrats. I’m sure #1 Miss St wasn’t happy playing UO in Portland. Great crowd. This was about an hour ago.
    About as happy as # Louisville was about playing against UConn in Albany. Don't see how to avoid it though. Shipping the closest team geographically somewhere else would kill attendance.