Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Love this team. Love these players.

Great job, men.

You did NOT underachieve. You lost to one of the top 3 teams the country, not a doubt in my mind.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Great team. Thanks for another great ride Zags. The WCC Tournament and a couple NCAA Tournament games were a bunch more great memories for me and my family. What an incredible program. See you next year!
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

Joshs number needs to be at the very least recognized for all he’s been and done for the team.

Spectacular, beautiful basketball played at most points in the year. Thank you. It was ajoy ride

My favorite Zags team ever. Clarke, my god was he fun to watch. Thanks for the memories!

Thanks for all the hard work and thanks for the entertainment you provided the fans.

great team, great season, and some really outstanding people.

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Clarke is my favorite Zag of all time. Best player in the Few era. Goss is up there as well.

Wish they could have played together.
    The Bonus, by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    NOt sure what tv coverage showed but Rui was heart broken. Lots of tears. He took it tough.
    My 4 year old son was walking around with his shirt pulled over his face because he saw Rui do it on TV. My heart broke all over again when I saw that. I'll miss watching Rui and so will my boy.

Clarke said in an interview that this was his last game as a zag. There goes my hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    Loved this team... one of my favorites to watch. Will miss the guys that are moving on.
    This team played some spiffy basketball didn't they
    It's pretty amazing what Few/Tommy and crew can assemble at GU. College BB is pretty darn exciting. It would not be that way if there were not a few games that are head scratchers at best. I'm glad this group of Zags got to play into the Elite 8. Pretty amazing season with some GU records broken. Yesterday's game was tough one to watch for us Zag fans. Only one team in the nation ends up as the National Champion. All the other teams get served up a loss that can break lots of hearts. Now's time to learn what we can and incorporate that into Zagness going forward. It all helps GU continue to be an amazing college BB program. Go Zags!

And there’s your valedictory, your night cap. Well said, Zagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    This team played some spiffy basketball didn't they
    It's pretty amazing what Few/Tommy and crew can assemble at GU. College BB is pretty darn exciting. It would not be that way if there were not a few games that are head scratchers at best. I'm glad this group of Zags got to play into the Elite 8. Pretty amazing season with some GU records broken. Yesterday's game was tough one to watch for us Zag fans. Only one team in the nation ends up as the National Champion. All the other teams get served up a loss that can break lots of hearts. Now's time to learn what we can and incorporate that into Zagness going forward. It all helps GU continue to be an amazing college BB program. Go Zags!

I missed the game, had to record it. My daughter was performing in her school musical which was fantastic. My kids are by far my favorite rooting interests.

By the time I got to watch the game late last night I had a sinking suspicion that the night had not been ours, particularly when my phone kept ringing even though I was ignoring it. Still watched the game to the end. I just want to watch these guys play together as long as I could.

There is some generational talent on our team, Rui is going to be one of the best ambassadors our school has ever had, even eclipsing Ronny. I look forward to seeing him grow where ever he goes. Clarke is going to the NBA, I just hope he gets paid his worth. He was so much fun to watch and will continue to expand his game. Gonna miss that.

Despite what many feel about Perkins, he truly exhibited remarkable leadership. He has continually recognized his weaknesses and tried to work on them. He always knew leadership was not his greatest strength, but, he was willing to step into the team leadership role when no one else would. Stepping up to do hard things, things you are not really strong at, during difficult circumstances is an ultimate sign of great leadership.

Very bittersweet ending to the season, time to start the off-season build up to that October 5 Kraziness in the Kennel.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

John Blanchette's column in the S-R does a great job capturing the spirit of the team in the wake of a disappointing end to the season.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...has-ended-in-/

The emotion spilled out of the Zags the instant their 75-69 loss to Texas Tech in the NCAA tournament’s Elite Eight – and their season – ended. It was seen in everything from Josh Perkins slumping into the last chair of the bench and hanging his head to Rui Hachimura making his way through the handshake line with a hand over his face to the sobs of Brandon Clarke and Zach Norvell Jr. echoing in the tunnel as they made their way to the locker room.

Each with a teammate by his side. A shoulder, an arm around the waist.

A crutch.

“Everybody was sad for the next guy,” said senior Geno Crandall, “more than they were sad for themselves.”

And the sadness was deeper than ever.
    Thanks for another wild ride, Zags.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    John Blanchette's column in the S-R does a great job capturing the spirit of the team in the wake of a disappointing end to the season.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...has-ended-in-/

Thanks for another wild ride, Zags.
    I saw the video. It was truly heartbreaking.
    Love the zags for life

“It sucks we lost the game,” said Perkins, “but it hurts to feel you let people you love down.”

“It’s hard to feel that it’s not all on me,” Perkins admitted. “I’ll be thinking about it forever.”

Said Hachimura, looking a questioner dead in the eye, “He’s the greatest leader I ever met.”
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    “It sucks we lost the game,” said Perkins, “but it hurts to feel you let people you love down.”

“It’s hard to feel that it’s not all on me,” Perkins admitted. “I’ll be thinking about it forever.”

Said Hachimura, looking a questioner dead in the eye, “He’s the greatest leader I ever met.”
    We are going to miss him
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    We are going to miss him
    +10000
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Appreciate all you players. Thank you for continuing to raise the bar.

Coaches. You get better every year. Thank you

Amazing, amazing, amazing year!

Loved all the dunks
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

- took 24 hours off, to decompress, process the loss, and the great year in total.

- I expected there would be this thread, so GAW can ad his personal thanks to the university, coaching staff, and mostly the players who bust their butts to improve themselves as players and persons.

- special thanks to perkins, geno and the others who likely will not wear a gu uniform again. it was a wonderful ride you took me on, it will not be forgotten, you will not be forgotten.

I am selfishly sad for myself because I do not get to enjoy watching this set of young men work together. But I am heartbroken for the young men that had to end their collective journey now. As a fan we can always have next year. As a player they may have similar experiences but it will never be the same. I feel for them and hope that they understand how much they meant to all Zag fans. Before we look to next year let's savor the what these young men accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Thank you to everyone in this special team.

We will miss you Josh, Geno, Jeremy, Rui, and Brandon.

You have been great and it’s been an honour to support you
    You forgot Killian...but so did Few yesterday. Can anyone out there shed any light on why only 11 minutes for Tillie? I’m still shaking my head 24 hours later

We may never see a Zags team dunk and block as much as this one did. Clarke and Rui were a crazy skilled and athletic tandem. Josh was a maestro. We were lucky to be along for this ride. Looking forward to the next edition but will sorely miss this one.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Loved, absolutely loved, following this team and players game to game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
    You forgot Killian...but so did Few yesterday. Can anyone out there shed any light on why only 11 minutes for Tillie? I’m still shaking my head 24 hours later
    bump