Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: The Get-it -Out -of -Your- System -and -Rant -Here -Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    You can't just focus on the numbers. We fed Rui the entire game, moreso than any other player I can remember in program history. He should've had 40 points based on our gameplan, I'm not even joking. Even his FGA numbers are deflated due to the number of times he lost the ball or was fouled without a single and-1.
    I guess you are right!!! Your a Guinness he played like a boy. What an underachiever he is. Man you should be out scouting talent and find a replacement for next season. There's a lot of players putting up 20+ a game. We lost. Don't start blaming players who put it on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I disagree. I think the whole year is a failure because of this game.
    Time to find a new team spy

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Time to find a new team spy
    Don’t be one of those posters. You’re better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Don’t be one of those posters. You’re better than that.
    Maybe we all should put that on the wall and read it before hitting the send button!!!

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I guess you are right!!! Your a Guinness he played like a boy. What an underachiever he is. Man you should be out scouting talent and find a replacement for next season. There's a lot of players putting up 20+ a game. We lost. Don't start blaming players who put it on the floor.

Never said any of that. I love Rui. His game reminds me of a blooming lotus flower, graceful and beautiful. But he played poorly tonight despite scoring 20+. That's tough love, but it's true. In fact, I don't really blame him much at all, a bigger problem was the gameplan that kept force feeding him the ball despite his inability to handle the contact that TT was dishing out. We should've let Rui work the mid-range (we did for the first 5 minutes) and go high-low with Clarke down low. Instead, we fed Rui in the post and forced Clarke to create from the mid-range. A very poorly executed role reversal.

The amount of easy layups given up was sickening.

Do we have any idea how to play vs a methodical team?

Also, so many guys seemed to go against the gameplan. It was clear Norvell, Rui, even Kispert and Josh defensively went against the scouting report.

They have so much to proud of but tonight isn't one of them.

Really poor game overall. We handed Tech the Final 4, but give credit to them for taking it on silver platter

Face it, no way we’d beat Zion a 2d time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Face it, no way we’d beat Zion a 2d time anyway.
    That Duke team is very, very beatable on some nights even if Zion is playing like Zion (which I'm not convinced that he would vs Clarke as already evidenced). If Duke plays well we would never beat them, yes, but they very often do not play well for long stretches.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Face it, no way we’d beat Zion and the refs a 2d time anyway.
    Fixed it for accuracy

Pissed Tillie didn’t play down the stretch. Don’t get it.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Never said any of that. I love Rui. His game reminds me of a blooming lotus flower, graceful and beautiful. But he played poorly tonight despite scoring 20+. That's tough love, but it's true. In fact, I don't really blame him much at all, a bigger problem was the gameplan that kept force feeding him the ball despite his inability to handle the contact that TT was dishing out. We should've let Rui work the mid-range (we did for the first 5 minutes) and go high-low with Clarke down low. Instead, we fed Rui in the post and forced Clarke to create from the mid-range. A very poorly executed role reversal.
    I'm sorry I got crossed up with you quoting me in a response to a response of Rui playing like a boy tonight. Scoring 20 + against a #1 ranked defensive team is not an easy task. I'm sure he would love to have a few of those chances back. He and others were rushing when scoring opportunitys came and it affected them. Great season . Go zags

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FuManShoes View Post
    Pissed Tillie didn’t play down the stretch. Don’t get it.
    I literally posted that 10 times in the last 10 minutes of the game thread. I really hope someone asks Few about it.

I don’t think we would lose against Duke. We usually lose to scrappy teams that are physical Or teams that light it up with threes.

Tils got Macllelanded.

I agree, we would have beaten Duke. MSU would have been tough for us though.

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    I agree, we would have beaten Duke. MSU would have been tough for us though.
    We beat Duke and Kentucky. MSU be a tossup but we beat them IMO.. Virginia and Auburn be losses way they play D and shoot.

quite ironic that they called that tech on Josh, because you know the refs are really into rules, but let a free flying elbow into Rui's face the other day go uncalled/......I don't think refs like the Zags at all......

Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Mods are sleepwalking. Really, guys -- we're all in mourning, I get it -- but seriously. Really?
    Why are you even on this thread?? Should we just ban anyone you disagree with?

25 field goals a piece....

TT +2 threes(6)....+4 free throws

zags lose by 6

what am I missing?

So no mention during telecast of why Tillie was on the bench most of the second half?

No questions in post game presser I saw.

what are some guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Why are you even on this thread?? Should we just ban anyone you disagree with?
    Trolls be trolling. Perhaps a little close to home, eh doc?
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Come on bud. Let’s be better than this. It is just a game and some of us have had a child or family member with cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    25 field goals a piece....

TT +2 threes(6)....+4 free throws

zags lose by 6

what am I missing?
    Unforced turnovers, there must have been at least 4 times Zags turned it over by simply throwing it away or stumbling to the hoop.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Coach Few doesn't call enough timeouts, imho.

Clearly, it was Tech's gameplan to launch 3's from the 2 min mark in, we made zero adjustment to collect the guys and remind them of the defensive gameplan. We were chasing.

On offense, we passed the ball to Rui and watched him get 2 shots blocked, and a couple 3pt attempts with 90 seconds to go. That too, could not have been the game plan. No timeouts.

The moment we did have a timeout, we got the shot we wanted and hit it, finally.

Same thing vs Tennessess, UNC long runs, and most definitely in Las Vegas. We aren't calling enough timeouts when the offensive or defensive gameplan goes wayward.

Sometimes a key timeout can swing momentum. Mean everything at criticism moments, or turning points in the game.

I felt all season Coach didn't call enough of them at the right times. I realize he trusted the guys yet we needed a couple called in the last 2 mins of the game. It didn't happen. On our terms.

As a result, our offense and defense went against the grain and was a haphazard mess. Giving up shots we should not, and taking shots we should not.

As several of us posted pre game....Culver will get his, just stop Morretti and Mooney from hitting their 3pt shots. It's how Tech has buried people all season. Those last couple possessions we had all 3 guards shading/watching Culver, running around wild, while Morretti calmly stepped up and in to easy 3pt swishes.

We needed to settle the team down and remind them what to look for. We had zero gameplan or execution down the stretch.

For me, that was on Coach in the last 2-3 mins of the bball game.