Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Get-it -Out -of -Your- System -and -Rant -Here -Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    That is factually incorrect. We were a 1 seed, losing in the EE was playing below our seed. This was far and away our most talented team.
    No, it wasn't.

Far and away "most talented teams" have far and away "most talented backcourts" and we had Josh, a great but limited PG, and two guys that didn't have that good a tournament.

It was not far and away our most talented team, and for a guy that loves to get in people's faces for "Having a different opinion" you sure hate it when people point out "different opinions" to you.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Brandon Clarke said in the post game press conference he had never before had that many TO's in a game. I think some credit is due to TTU's defense here.
    some for sure. but even on the signature block by Owens on Rui, the true colors could not help but show. TT's espn leading highlight play needed the refs for full execution

that was not a lone incident tonight

Tillie didn’t have a good game so I would say that is the reason why he was on the bench.

My lucky chair is 13-4 this season. I think I'll get rid of it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
    I graduated in 2011, but it's high time I participated in this forum. At the end of the day, the depth of bball knowledge on this forum will always, always, exceed my own. That being said, while this year failed to meet my expectations, we were incredibly lucky to have this crew. Clarke, Rui, Perkins, Tille, and Zach have a spot on my team any day!

That being said, Jeremy Jones, Crandell, and Kispert are such great players, I struggle to understand how Few will find guys like those three, but, he will!

I've never been more sure this team will win a national championship, but they will! Full credit to Few, he'll get their!
    X1000%

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By your logic, a seasons success or failure is a mathematical calculation. You get an 8 seed and lose in Round 1, the entire 5 month season is a disappointment. Yes thespywhozaggedme, that is an utterly ridiculous season gauging metric.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

What will the starting lineup be next season?

Is there any chance Clarke or Tillie stay?

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I wasn’t up close to see it, obviously, but how many teams can swipe down on the ball and not get called for a foul? You just never see it happen like it went tonight. Usually in physical games at this stage you reward good body positioning and movement of the feet, and call the arm stuff. Not this one.
    right with you man. I have coached, I don't know how many kids, to play basketball. One of the first things is not to swipe down becasue even if it's not a foul, you give the ref the chance to blow the whistle with the motion. And they do. Not tonight. TT had four early fouls, then only 10 the rest of the night swiping down on basically every Zag drive or shot inside

Great season. At times, just beautiful basketball. The guys do so many things great. Gets me through the long winter. I would, howeve, love a PG like NWG. He hit the runner, made points consistently in the key and was steady under pressure. I think PG sets a tone and a mentality. Looking forward to 2019-2020. As for Spy - relax. If GU basketball is actually this important, seek help.

Damn that was a tough one. Everytime we would start to pull away, there were mistakes. What caused the refs to swallow the whistle after setting the tone in the 1st couple minutes? There were 3 fouls called on TT after the 11 minute mark in the 2nd half. With how physical they played that's so unacceptable. Yes, I do think this changed the game but really when it came down to it, they made the big shots. Things went in drastically different directions after Perkins hit the 3 to tie the game at 58 with 5 minutes to go.

Mooney layup
    Zach missed 3
    Clarke TO
    Moretti 3 as shot clock expired (dagger)
    Rui blocked 3
    TT Shot clock violation
    Zach missed 3
    Clarke 2 FT
    Moretti again huge 3 with shot clock winding down
    Clarke 2 point shot
    Culver fall....foul on Rui, 2 FT
    Rui missed 3
    and you know the end

It reminded me of the Wichita State game. They made the shots they needed to make. Moretti misses one of those 3's and Zach or Rui makes one and we have a whole different ball game. A lot of you want to place the blame on Few, is it just to find a scapegoat? Many things went into this loss. Open looks didn't fall. They made shots. Refs played a part.

There's a lot of questions about Tillie not being in there. What happened to Tillie's aggressiveness? He use to fly in for rebounds, swat shots, take those catch and shoot looks. He went 1-3, recorded no other stats besides 2 fouls and stood around most of the time on offense. JJ isn't the caliber of player that KT is, but at least he flys around the court.

Sigh. Tough way to end a very promising season. It really makes you take a step back when a loss in the Elite 8 can cause so much uproar.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Did Clarke or Rui or Tillie get asked about next year at all? I know Rui has been on this 3 year plan thingy, but has Brandon ever said he was gone for sure?
    Brandon has said at least 3 or 4 different times about moving on and appreciating what he had at Gonzaga, the team, players, etc. This rhetoric started about 2 months ago. "He will always be grateful, it was fun, learned so much, will remember rest of his playing days, etc"

Tillie could return though.

Quote Originally Posted by SwainZag View Post
    Damn that was a tough one. Everytime we would start to pull away, there were mistakes. What caused the refs to swallow the whistle after setting the tone in the 1st couple minutes? There were 3 fouls called on TT after the 11 minute mark in the 2nd half. With how physical they played that's so unacceptable. Yes, I do think this changed the game but really when it came down to it, they made the big shots. Things went in drastically different directions after Perkins hit the 3 to tie the game at 58 with 5 minutes to go.

Mooney layup
    Zach missed 3
    Clarke TO
    Moretti 3 as shot clock expired (dagger)
    Rui blocked 3
    TT Shot clock violation
    Zach missed 3
    Clarke 2 FT
    Moretti again huge 3 with shot clock winding down
    Clarke 2 point shot
    Culver fall....foul on Rui, 2 FT
    Rui missed 3
    and you know the end

It reminded me of the Wichita State game. They made the shots they needed to make. Moretti misses one of those 3's and Zach or Rui makes one and we have a whole different ball game. A lot of you want to place the blame on Few, is it just to find a scapegoat? Many things went into this loss. Open looks didn't fall. They made shots. Refs played a part.

There's a lot of questions about Tillie not being in there. What happened to Tillie's aggressiveness? He use to fly in for rebounds, swat shots, take those catch and shoot looks. He went 1-3, recorded no other stats besides 2 fouls and stood around most of the time on offense. JJ isn't the caliber of player that KT is, but at least he flys around the court.

Sigh. Tough way to end a very promising season. It really makes you take a step back when a loss in the Elite 8 can cause so much uproar.
    Watching Norvell, Jr., can be as stomach-acid inducing as it used to be watching Jeremy Pargo. Peaks and Valleys. Hopefully for Snacks, the best is yet to come. Hope he stays another year

Wow explosive thread. Deflating game for sure. I will say time heals all wounds (except against UCLA) and really I felt worse after Wichita State.

We lost because of turnovers. No other stat bears a more direct outcome. Blame whoever you want, refs, Few, whatever. I didn’t remember Few short arming a pass or making crappy passes all game. They punched us in the mouth and we wobbled.

We need an alpha-dog like ammo or NWG. There just wasn’t one of n this team.

Thanks for the season Zags! Can’t wait to see what you do next year!

Why didn't Tillie play?

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Wow explosive thread. Deflating game for sure. I will say time heals all wounds (except against UCLA) and really I felt worse after Wichita State.

We lost because of turnovers. No other stat bears a more direct outcome. Blame whoever you want, refs, Few, whatever. I didn’t remember Few short arming a pass or making crappy passes all game. They punched us in the mouth and we wobbled.

We need an alpha-dog like ammo or NWG. There just wasn’t one of n this team.

Thanks for the season Zags! Can’t wait to see what you do next year!
    Well said...as for me, I'm outta here. Plus, the ending is coming up in the movie Paparazzi...lol.

Add TTU to a small list of teams Zags have lost to twice in the tourney. Syracuse and UNC. Ugh

BC was the alpha dog

btw, on a night when the Zags shot poorly from 3, Josh went 4-9 from deep or it would have been much worse

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Watching Norvell, Jr., can be as stomach-acid inducing as it used to be watching Jeremy Pargo. Peaks and Valleys. Hopefully for Snacks, the best is yet to come. Hope he stays another year
    Norvell will return. He has nowhere to go.

In big games, he shoots 20%. Not gonna cut it. Gotta get the knee fully healthy too.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    BC was the alpha dog

btw, on a night when the Zags shot poorly from 3, Josh went 4-9 from deep or it would have been much worse
    Never felt like this team had a leader. I'm talking an alpha. A guy to say I'm taking over and get in line...clarke was close yet only 1 year in. Perkins has never been that guy. Norvell tried to be but just not that good vs good. A bunch of talented betas

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Never felt like this team had a leader. I'm talking an alpha. A guy to say I'm taking over and get in line...clarke was close yet only 1 year in. Perkins has never been that guy. Norvell tried to be but just not that good vs good. A bunch of talented betas
    so we'll disagree

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    BC was the alpha dog

Bingo. Unfortunately BC can't create his own looks like ammo and nwg. We should have been going high-low the entire game to get him looks, but instead we fed Rui iso for 40 minutes and he simply couldn't hold onto the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Brandon has said at least 3 or 4 different times about moving on and appreciating what he had at Gonzaga, the team, players, etc. This rhetoric started about 2 months ago. "He will always be grateful, it was fun, learned so much, will remember rest of his playing days, etc"

Tillie could return though.
    sad sad sad face

Is everyone too salty to start a Congrations TTU thread? I’m not starting one but am curious.

Jones played more mins than Tillie.

That is interesting.

To say the least.

I just wish Rui would have played like a man instead of a boy. That and get Clarke the ball down load. We’ll get ‘em next year.