Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 227

Thread: The Get-it -Out -of -Your- System -and -Rant -Here -Thread

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
    You are tired of trolls so you decide to be an ######e? That doesn't make sense. Nobody is arguing with the blood/sweat/tears. We all love this team. This is the vent thread. Stop being a jerk.
    Only if you take one too

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    89

    Default

    You're right. Going after our guys is lame. And that's not the kind of thing that has made great players want to come to a tiny school in Eastern Washington.

    GU alum and fans are usually amazing to our players, both the all-time greats and the short time Zags that play little. It's one of the amazing characteristics of the GU fanbase.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Anyone else concerned about the potential residual effects of this loss? Suggs, our highest rated recruit ever is from Minneapolis and there was chatter that he would commit to us around Final Four time, but now that we won't be there....
    I live in Minneapolis. There are talks about this kid wanting to play BOTH football and basketball in college. He is looking into schools offering both.

    This was told to me at a recent HS bball tourney with him playing.

    No one said he wouldn't be a Zag but that he really loves football as well, and is considering it in college

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    89

    Default

    They'll be a tournament team. Few has done more with less that that.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    Thank you Rui. Thank you Brandon. Thank you Geno. Thank you Killian. Thank you all for ANOTHER great ride. I love the Zags and I can't think of any other way of putting it right now.
    This.


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  6. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    You have an unhealthy way of showing your love for the Zags. At least that's my opinion.
    Why are you attacking me?

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    I thought Jones had a solid impact tonight. We could have used Tillie's shooting. My view is Few sees Tillie practice and play more than anyone else. It's easy for us to say Tillie should play more because he's good in limited minutes. I don't know what the reasoning for his limited minutes is but I suspect it's something other than coach Few making a repeated error. I also suspect that Few listens to his other coaches who would be kicking and screaming and otherwise give him the full range of perspectives such that they'd get Tillie in the game if Few didn't have a good reason to keep Tillie on the bench.
    Maybe like Austin Powers, Tillie was spent.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    13,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Perkins has a good handle but is slow compared to elite defenders. He also got picked on off the bounce on the defensive end. He came up big with some great plays, but then made the ultimate bone-headed one... He loves the game, the school, and the team but he just came up a bit short today.

    We should have been up by ten in this game but made too many turnovers. I also never expected this team to give up more than 60 points to Texas Tech.
    only 2 turnovers for Josh

    BC with 6...no mention here on this thread, just Josh not good enough lol. I love BC, but he was the turnover machine, not Josh. Rui and Zach also 3 each.

    But how many on hacks, I'm serious, how many? hard to keep attacking the rim when you get jhammered with no call, repeatedly, like over and over again



    love all the Josh banging here lol

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I think there's a real chance that our tourney streak ends. But being the weirdo that I am I love the unknown of next season.
    They will be YOUNG. . .it will be fun following a new crop of Zags.

    Of course, I have fun following 'em every year. Most here do.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    only 2 turnovers for Josh

    BC with 6...no mention here on this thread, just Josh not good enough lol. I love BC, but he was the turnover machine, not Josh. Rui and Zach also 3 each.

    But how many on hacks, I'm serious, how many? hard to keep attacking the rim when you get jhammered with no call, repeatedly, like over and over again



    love all the Josh banging here lol
    Ppl love to bag Josh. Idk why. The hair? The tats? Idk.
    Love the zags for life

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Adventure Land
    Posts
    39

    Default

    The team was tight and acted nervouse all night long but especially when they came out after the half. I don't know what Few told them at half time but it must of been something like: just be careful you don't screw up.
    Instead of saying: These guys are rated as the #1 defense in the nation but they haven't seen a team like you. When you play as a team, there is nobody who can stop you. Now go out and put some fear into these guys and show them Gonzaga basketball!

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marconi View Post
    The team was tight and acted nervouse all night long but especially when they came out after the half. I don't know what Few told them at half time but it must of been something like: just be careful you don't screw up.
    Instead of saying: These guys are rated as the #1 defense in the nation but they haven't seen a team like you. When you play as a team, there is nobody who can stop you. Now go out and put some fear into these guys and show them Gonzaga basketball!
    Whoa! Be careful. You cant say this on here.
    Love the zags for life

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    746

    Default

    The turnovers killed us. We should have had a decent lead at halftime, maybe 6 or 7. Once we lost the lead, I knew our goose was cooked.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    What I dreaded happening, happened. Zags beat themselves. All of our flaws were exposed in a single game.

    Clarke's footwork
    Josh's decision making
    ZN's cold streak
    Rui's softness with the ball
    Few's reluctance to play Tillie

    Perfect storm of suck tonight. At its best the team was scary good.
    This. I mean that’s all there is to it.. Rui and his soft ass hands man

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    This was our most talented team ever. We underachieved.
    No, it isn't. NO, they didn't. And I believe they lost to one of the top 3 teams in the country. And they lost bc that top team had a top shooting night, even by its standards. We didn't.

    This team getting to the final 8 is achieving right what it should've. It's a top 8 team. We lost to a top 4 team playing well. We happened to hit them in the Elite 8, they won.

    But it was not our most talented team ever, at least not at the end of the year. It might have had the most "NBA potential" but it's not the most talented team.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Good call. Not making a Final 4 means it was a disappointing season? That is flat out ridiculous. Embarrassing statement, even in the throes of despair right after a loss.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haMarlin View Post
    Stupid refs!!!! Terrible NON calls!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fixed. The refs should be ashamed.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    No, it isn't. NO, they didn't. And I believe they lost to one of the top 3 teams in the country. And they lost bc that top team had a top shooting night, even by its standards. We didn't.

    This team getting to the final 8 is achieving right what it should've. It's a top 8 team. We lost to a top 4 team playing well. We happened to hit them in the Elite 8, they won.

    But it was not our most talented team ever, at least not at the end of the year. It might have had the most "NBA potential" but it's not the most talented team.

    It most certainly was. No debate tbh. Last real opportunity to win it all for Few IMO

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Anyone else concerned about the potential residual effects of this loss? Suggs, our highest rated recruit ever is from Minneapolis and there was chatter that he would commit to us around Final Four time, but now that we won't be there....
    No
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uZiGiZaG View Post
    It most certainly was. No debate tbh. Last real opportunity to win it all for Few IMO
    How in the world could you possibly know that?

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    4 miles from MAC
    Posts
    4,016

    Default

    Brandon Clarke said in the post game press conference he had never before had that many TO's in a game. I think some credit is due to TTU's defense here.

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uZiGiZaG View Post
    It most certainly was. No debate tbh. Last real opportunity to win it all for Few IMO
    Well, good. Then there's no real point in continuing to follow them, is there?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    only 2 turnovers for Josh

    BC with 6...no mention here on this thread, just Josh not good enough lol. I love BC, but he was the turnover machine, not Josh. Rui and Zach also 3 each.

    But how many on hacks, I'm serious, how many? hard to keep attacking the rim when you get jhammered with no call, repeatedly, like over and over again



    love all the Josh banging here lol
    I wasn’t up close to see it, obviously, but how many teams can swipe down on the ball and not get called for a foul? You just never see it happen like it went tonight. Usually in physical games at this stage you reward good body positioning and movement of the feet, and call the arm stuff. Not this one.

  24. #149

    Default

    Did Clarke or Rui or Tillie get asked about next year at all? I know Rui has been on this 3 year plan thingy, but has Brandon ever said he was gone for sure?

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Hmm...interesting. That's not what was posted in the Whelping Box.
    The football basketball pipedream so many dual recruits have is usually just that. Everyone thinks they will be the first dual sport phenom but it rarely if ever works out.
    . Players have done it but neither at a high level and lasts only 1 season. Or else they are decent at both but not great at either.

    I suspect it's a phase Suggs is going through.

    He will need to choose. I worry about his love of football and clouding his potential in bball....also, siding with a school that features both sports.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •