Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Get-it -Out -of -Your- System -and -Rant -Here -Thread

Loved this team. Great season. Ready to go on 2019-2020. Cheers!
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Stupid refs!!!! Terrible calls!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "...do something you may regret, than regret something you didn't do."

How is Higgins still refereeing?

"...do something you may regret, than regret something you didn't do."

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
    I've been posting here since ... well before "here" was the place. You are being a complete jerk.
    Nah, just tired of these trolls who Come to the board and personally attack these players who give their blood,
    Sweat and tears for this team.. or our coach whom has brought us to these lofty heights. Complaining about their level of play is one thing, personally going after them, calling them trash or “being glad they are gone” is absolutely pathetic.

However upset you are, I promise you this team is a million times more.

Just because people are “

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    You are just terrible at reading comprehension.
    No i believe our coach holds more value in wins and losses in college. You hot annoyed cuz i said former players said few gets tight in march.
    Love the zags for life

that the Zags couldn't overcome is a bummer but I LOVE that they are on this side of the ball. Couldn't follow them if they weren't

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Coach Few has no impact on whether guys are making shots.
    So true.

He does however, have complete control as to which players are on the floor to take said shots.

Few left his biggest weapon in his holster the whole second half.

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    I mean....really? Show some reserve. We played terrible ….today. The season was great.
    He’s allowed to feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by haMarlin View Post
    How is Higgins still refereeing?

I don't know man, but I see what you see

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    needed a T in that one maybe

folks here who make fun of Izzo and orthers, I'll tell you this, they would have gone ballistic tonight, and rightly so in my book.

I'm not saying Few should have too, OK? He's got his own style which works just fine
    I agree. Few does have his own style and he's not naturally a mean or mean-spirited person. Quite the opposite. For those traits, among others, he's one of the best in the sport. The fire that some coaches spit at refs and players, like Izzo, might have been helpful tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    Rui was fantastic on Culver. He played great D.
    fun matchup to watch

Thank you Rui. Thank you Brandon. Thank you Geno. Thank you Killian. Thank you all for ANOTHER great ride. I love the Zags and I can't think of any other way of putting it right now.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I disagree. I think the whole year is a failure because of this game.
    Then why bother being a fan??

If you believe that an entire season's success can disappear in an elite 8 game to a team that SI had ranked 3rd of the 8 left, then don't bother, bc you are almost never going to be satisfied.

I'm disappointed they lost, too.

But you can only miss so many shots without expecting your team to lose.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Loved this team. Great season. Ready to go on 2019-2020. Cheers!
    Our starting 5 will be 3 freshman, an inconsistent defender at Wing, & chucker mcgee in big games, won't name names.

A tourney birth will be a huge accomplishment for this group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Nah, just tired of these trolls who Come to the board and personally attack these players who give their blood,
    Sweat and tears for this team.. or our coach whom has brought us to these lofty heights. Complaining about their level of play is one thing, personally going after them, calling them trash or “being glad they are gone” is absolutely pathetic.

However upset you are, I promise you this team is a million times more.

Just because people are “
    You are tired of trolls so you decide to be an ######e? That doesn't make sense. Nobody is arguing with the blood/sweat/tears. We all love this team. This is the vent thread. Stop being a jerk.

You are tired of trolls so you decide to be an ######e? That doesn't make sense. Nobody is arguing with the blood/sweat/tears. We all love this team. This is the vent thread. Stop being a jerk.
    Loads of guys are getting personal with our players. I think it’s pathetic.

I also think you are a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    The reffing in this game was atrocious. Look at the first 5 minutes. We drew several fouls in that time, and then the refs just completely swallowed their whistles after that. Pushing, arm slapping, blocking fouls, all uncalled throughout the second half. Clear goal tending goals where the ball was picked clean off the rim. No call. Obvious out of bounds after the block in a critical moment. No call. The refs let Texas Tech set the tone and get away with little stuff all game long. I will say that we needed to be a lot stronger with the ball and we made a lot of mistakes in the face of this physical play, but ultimately I just wish we got a better whistle.
    Yes....

Default Elite Eight is most disappointing ever?

Most disappointing season ever. So much talent wasted. I mentioned this in the game thread but it bears repeating here; this team is so much more talented than our teams from the late 90s and early 2000’s but those teams had much more basketball IQ. It really is a shame. Plus, why did Tillie barely play in the second half? It’s just like St. Mary’s over again.
    What about 2013? What about 2005 with Turiaf and Morrison?

Elite Eight can't be the most disappointing ever, IMO.
    "My golf is woeful, but I will never surrender."--Bing Crosby

Anyone else concerned about the potential residual effects of this loss? Suggs, our highest rated recruit ever is from Minneapolis and there was chatter that he would commit to us around Final Four time, but now that we won't be there....
    Dont think it eliminates our chances but certainly doesnt help

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    There was one weakness on this team. Ball handling, our guards had such loose handles.
    Whenever we play these tough teams who pressure our guards we get punished rather than punishing them.
    We need an elite guard here to win the whole enchilada.
    Perkins has a good handle but is slow compared to elite defenders. He also got picked on off the bounce on the defensive end. He came up big with some great plays, but then made the ultimate bone-headed one... He loves the game, the school, and the team but he just came up a bit short today.

We should have been up by ten in this game but made too many turnovers. I also never expected this team to give up more than 60 points to Texas Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Loads of guys are getting personal with our players. I think it’s pathetic.

I also think you are a moron.

He does decide who plays though and just like the SMC game he inexplicably choose JJ over Tillie.
    I thought Jones had a solid impact tonight. We could have used Tillie's shooting. My view is Few sees Tillie practice and play more than anyone else. It's easy for us to say Tillie should play more because he's good in limited minutes. I don't know what the reasoning for his limited minutes is but I suspect it's something other than coach Few making a repeated error. I also suspect that Few listens to his other coaches who would be kicking and screaming and otherwise give him the full range of perspectives such that they'd get Tillie in the game if Few didn't have a good reason to keep Tillie on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Our starting 5 will be 3 freshman, an inconsistent defender at Wing, & chucker mcgee in big games, won't name names.

A tourney birth will be a huge accomplishment for this group.
    Funny how you worded that, but true.

You have an unhealthy way of showing your love for the Zags. At least that's my opinion.