Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Get-it -Out -of -Your- System -and -Rant -Here -Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Please show me where i complained on few this yr? Its ok to have constructive critiscism. I like few. What is your point? Im telling you what former players have said. Again this is ok to say.
    From 3-12 SMC game
    Got outcoached too

Agree. No gameplan from Few to switch defense when SMC was wasting the clock

NC game

Great coaching job tonight Few! Losing as a team goes off from 3. Im not shocked. Zach and Rui non existent.

Few should be embarrassed by his defensive game plan.

Eh. Rui has been atrocious on O and D. He is the main issue besides few not having a defensive game plan unless we have a karno

Few and defense. Gross

Pretty easy to do.
    Every loss is on Seems to be on Few.
    You’re very critical of Rui.
    And really like Perkins, the only guy you’ve never ripped on that I could find. Friend?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Don't be shy...name them.
    Matt, casey, cory v, winston, alex h, skinner, to name some you guys will know.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    From 3-12 SMC game
    Got outcoached too

NC game

Great coaching job tonight Few! Losing as a team goes off from 3. Im not shocked. Zach and Rui non existent.

Eh. Rui has been atrocious on O and D. He is the main issue besides few not having a defensive game plan unless we have a karno

Few and defense. Gross

Pretty easy to do.
    And really like Perkins, the only guy you’ve never ripped on that I could find. Friend?
    So 6 posts in 3 years. Lmao
    Love the zags for life

Rui was fantastic on Culver. He played great D.

From 3-12 SMC game
    Got outcoached too

NC game

Few and defense. Gross

Pretty easy to do.
    Also Few has had poor defense and we have lost by opponents going off from 3. He has improved by sure on defense.

Its ok to be critical.
    Love the zags for life

Matt, casey, cory v, winston, alex h, skinner, to name some you guys will know.
    Have they been quoted as such, or is this just barroom talk?

3 years? Seriously? It’s every loss. I only went back to the UNC game. I guarantee you that if I went back last year the same was being said by you during/after a loss. It’s in black and white. Own up to it.

3 years? Seriously? It’s every loss. I only went back to the UNC game. I guarantee you that if I went back last year the same was being said by you during/after a loss. It’s in black and white. Own up to it.
    Are you fews friend? Its a board.
    Love the zags for life

What I dreaded happening, happened. Zags beat themselves. All of our flaws were exposed in a single game.

Clarke's footwork
    Josh's decision making
    ZN's cold streak
    Rui's softness with the ball
    Few's reluctance to play Tillie

Perfect storm of suck tonight. At its best the team was scary good.

Oh my bad. I just read your posts and you attack the players who are 18 to 22 over a grown man. That says it all.
    Love the zags for life

Are you fews friend? Its a board.
    I clearly stated I’ve never met him but think he’s a great coach. Not perfect by any means. I don’t expect that from anyone. But I think I’ve proven my point.

Oh my bad. I just read your posts and you attack the players who are 18 to 22 over a grown man. That says it all.

Never attacked a player. Ever. Ever. Are you sober?

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    What I dreaded happening, happened. Zags beat themselves. All of our flaws were exposed in a single game.

Clarke's footwork
    Josh's decision making
    ZN's cold streak

Perfect storm of suck tonight. At its best the team was scary good.
    Sums it up nicely. Correct on all counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post

Clarke's footwork
    Josh's decision making
    ZN's cold streak
    Right now I'm at peace with all of these things except the one in bold.

So, the number of posts determine you're basketball IQ?

I graduated in 2011, but it's high time I participated in this forum. At the end of the day, the depth of bball knowledge on this forum will always, always, exceed my own. That being said, while this year failed to meet my expectations, we were incredibly lucky to have this crew. Clarke, Rui, Perkins, Tille, and Zach have a spot on my team any day!

That being said, Jeremy Jones, Crandell, and Kispert are such great players, I struggle to understand how Few will find guys like those three, but, he will!

I've never been more sure this team will win a national championship, but they will! Full credit to Few, he'll get their!

Never attacked a player. Ever. Ever. Are you sober?
    Our coach is anything but tight.

Our team has sloppy handles and have had soft hands.

This is just from today. Im sure if i looked i could find more.

You like the coach more then the players. I like em all the same and will do constructive critiscism on all.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
    So, the number of posts determine you're basketball IQ?
    What are you talking about?
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
    I graduated in 2011, but it's high time I participated in this forum. At the end of the day, the depth of bball knowledge on this forum will always, always, exceed my own. That being said, while this year failed to meet my expectations, we were incredibly lucky to have this crew. Clarke, Rui, Perkins, Tille, and Zach have a spot on my team any day!
    Hear, hear
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

espn lead video is the Owens block on Rui, the play of the game they are selling right now, that again, needed some help for complete execution

that is undeniable, Zag flaws and all. Zags are flawed, as are all ncaa teams! some gte help, others do not

one flaw is not being able to play effectively when being fouled, and in games like that, it's a flaw

Coach Few has no impact on whether guys are making shots, Perkins getting the late game technical, the refs missing the out of bounds shot, or the ball slipping out of players hands on certain possessions. We played good D. Good enough to win. If the Zags limited some mistakes throughout the game they win. Texas Tech executed on defense and we lost.

Our coach is anything but tight.
    I never said that
    Our team has sloppy handles and have had soft hands.
    That is a basketball comment about today’s game. Hence the turnovers. Never called out a player
    This is just from today. Im sure if i looked i could find more.

You like the coach more then the players. I like em all the same and will do constructive critiscism on all.
    You are just terrible at reading comprehension.

I am proud of these guys! This was a bittersweet season! We were so close to a final four which puts your program on another level, especially when we had the talent to win a title. As I have watched GU over the years I can say I appreciate Few more and more each season. My major issues with this game were turnovers in the first half and then how we came out in the second half. We should have had a multiple possession lead going into half time and then we got shut down in the second half. We played the best defense we ever have and shut down a lottery pick. I think this really shows that we need a guard that can drive and score more than ever in this offense otherwise they have to be an elite elite shooter. I do not know why Tillie and Kispert were on the bench so much in the second half when what we needed was shooting; we had open three point attempts. TT played great D on Clarke and Rui and invited us to make three pointers. We did not and that is why we lost.

This one really hurts. Each years loss hurts. I can think of one thing right now. Will I ever see a National Championship with my dad? We always go to the final four and we are beyond die hards. Outside of family, the zags are our greatest joy in life. I need to see a championship one year with him. It will be the pinnacle of our lives and our relationship and the greatest moment we ever have had together. This team i feel was our best chance ever. Will it ever happen?

needed a T in that one maybe

folks here who make fun of Izzo and orthers, I'll tell you this, they would have gone ballistic tonight, and rightly so in my book.

I'm not saying Few should have too, OK? He's got his own style which works just fine