Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Get-it -Out -of -Your- System -and -Rant -Here -Thread

Sad that the thread complaining is going to be longer than a thread discussing how amazing this team is.

I'm gonna ask this again, because I feel like it is worth asking again:

WHERE THE *%&*$& WAS KILLIAN TILLIE? WHY DID FEW NOT HAVE HIM IN THE GAME?

We need an elite point guard.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    You really struggle with people having an opinion that differs from your own, don’t you? What do you mean “myself”? I don’t think you understand the difference between first, second and third person. Seriously. Losing this game, ruined the entire season for me. That is my opinion. And it’s OK that it differs from yours.
    I can respect that. Failure is in the eye of the beholder.

No need for a rant. I said my piece on the horrid officiating in the game thread. This was a special team and I love how they fought to the very end. It was a treat to watch these guys this season.

Quote Originally Posted by pcm541 View Post
    Few just wasted his best team ever. We will never win the whole thing. Just not meant to be.
    I disagree, this year just makes me feel even stronger that Few will win one at GU. The fact that GU has been able to assemble teams capable of runs like this and is able to continue it is amazing. It used to be just making the NCAA tournament was a success. Now they're expecting to make the sweet 16. The ceiling keeps rising. They'll get there. Just enjoy the ride, even during the empty days like today.

There was nothing out of the ordinary with this game, both teams had great effort, TTU was a better team. I don’t see any reason for throwing these young men under the bus when they’re the ones putting all that effort into trying to win a game and just happen to come up short.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Hmm, no. Go back and reread it. I asked why you disliked Few because you’re always grinding that axe. Now I know why.
    I don’t know Few. I think he’s a great coach though.
    Not much a coach can do when a call is blown at a critical juncture. Having said that, you aren't going to win many games when you get 3 FGs in 12 minutes.

You really struggle with people having an opinion that differs from your own, don’t you? What do you mean “myself”? I don’t think you understand the difference between first, second and third person. Seriously. Losing this game, ruined the entire season for me. That is my opinion. And it’s OK that it differs from yours.
    Yes and my opinion that you need to get over yourself is an opinion you can’t take either lol
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Sad that the thread complaining is going to be longer than a thread discussing how amazing this team is.
    I think folks will show their appreciation for the team later this evening and tomorrow. Right now, they need to vent and I would rather have it happen in one spot than to moderate the ##ll out of 10 or 15 different threads.

For all of the passion we have when they win, it seems there's even more when they lose. Even after 20 years

Why is a “too much”? It is my opinion. I would not have posted that if we had lost in the final four or the final game. We are the superior team to Texas Tech and we lost, to me that makes this season a failure. My opinion differs from yours, and that is OK.
    Spy, that leaves a tough standard to live up to. But it is yours to have.
    I agree with your thoughts about Killie. I wanted him in there.

Most disappointing season ever. So much talent wasted. I mentioned this in the game thread but it bears repeating here; this team is so much more talented than our teams from the late 90s and early 2000’s but those teams had much more basketball IQ. It really is a shame. Plus, why did Tillie barely play in the second half? It’s just like St. Mary’s over again.
    They made the E8. UNC lost in the SW 16. I do agree the earlier teams had higher BB IQs.

And yes Tillie needed to be in the game.

Most disappointing season ever..
    I mean....really? Show some reserve. We played terrible ….today. The season was great.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Hmm, no. Go back and reread it. I asked why you disliked Few because you’re always grinding that axe. Now I know why.
    I don’t know Few. I think he’s a great coach though.
    Please show me where i complained on few this yr? Its ok to have constructive critiscism. I like few. What is your point? Im telling you what former players have said. Again this is ok to say.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Not much a coach can do when a call is blown at a critical juncture. Having said that, you aren't going to win many games when you get 3 FGs in 12 minutes.
    Look im just saying what ex-players have said.
    Love the zags for life

There was a thread awhile back asking who you did not want to see in your bracket.

My biggest fear was Texas Tech. Absolutely dreaded them as a three seed.

This team doesn't have the handles or the IQ to hang with them, and for sure, you need at least one of those attributes at a high level, as a team, to beat them.
    I miss Mike Hart

No way...

And it’s entirely OK Reno. It’s entirely OK
    Yes it is, spy. Your passion for the game & the Zags is an 11 on a scale of one to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezag View Post
    Stupid thread...
    no just a stupid poster... like any 7-year old he should be sent to his room for a timeout
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    That's not sad. That's emotions. Give it a week. Until then, stop being a sanctimonious jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
    I'm gonna ask this again, because I feel like it is worth asking again:

WHERE THE *%&*$& WAS KILLIAN TILLIE? WHY DID FEW NOT HAVE HIM IN THE GAME?
    No one knows for sure and since you asked I'll throw my 2 cents in.

My recall of a crucial stretch late in the 2nd half was of TT going with a smaller lineup and had a little run of our turnovers and their points. Few countered with Jeremy Jones.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by Bocco View Post
    no just a stupid poster... like any 7-year old he should be sent to his room for a timeout
    Where you would show up to taunt him (like here).

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Great game. The TT defense was fantastic.

Fitting for the all time career zag turnover leader Perkins to end his career with another stupid mistake.

When will Norvell learn that he is not Steph Curry.

Why didn't Few play Tillie in the 2nd half
    Troll on
    Just a tough night. Great players, great team , great season.

Kispert. 0 points 0 assists 2 rebounds.
    Norvell. Do I even need to say anything?
    Tillie? Few sat him almost the entire second half. Why?

Our guys play tight, nervous,scared in close games.

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    No one knows for sure and since you asked I'll throw my 2 cents in.

My recall of a crucial stretch late in the 2nd half was of TT going with a smaller lineup and had a little run of our turnovers and their points. Few countered with Jeremy Jones.
    How'd that work out?

I like this team a lot. I thought they looked unsteady from the start. I’ll get over it.
    Parlez-vous français?