Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD: (3) Texas Tech vs. (1) Gonzaga, Elite 8, March 30, 2019

Come on boys. Come out in the second half and play smart. Silly about you, Zach. I think our defense is okay. Gotta play smarter otherwise they capitalize.

I like what Few said at half. Stop trying to fit it into tight spaces and jump over them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Yet we are on pace to score high 79s vs the best defence in the country. Clean that up and we got this second half
    Fully agree and lock the 3pt d.
    Love the zags for life

Time to put a body on Matt Mooney, he already has 11 points.

Rui with the primary 1v1 on Culver doing well so far. BC as the secondary too

TT basically stopped trying on their o glass becasue the Zag transition game was punishing them. they may adjust that and attack their o glass again, but that has been a good thing for the Zags so far

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    haha, why? It's just another normal game day thread! manic as ever!
    Time for Maalox.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I like what Few said at half. Stop trying to fit it into tight spaces and jump over them!
    bam. they don't defend up there, it's all on the ground. yes!

Dang you would think we were in bad shape! We have the lead, we aren’t in foul trouble, we are drawing fouls every time we go inside with clean passes, and we are out rebounding them. We just need to clean up our passing and keep our focus.

And if Few is being out coached how is it that we have the lead? Please don’t be crazy!

Checking in...I like the pace. GU left quite a few opportunities/points off the board. Law of averages dictates GU should be able to win. Keep taking it to the rack and make that decision point of jump shot or force action. Too many in/out passes against this defense will just allow more pokeaways. I also like they are making the most on fast break opportunities. Get the fouls, get in the bonus, handle the ball, and it will be fine.
    IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

First 5 minutes are telling imo. Lets see if Texas tech keeps making 3s. If they do? Gonna be tight. If not? I think we pull away.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zag4Hire View Post
    Checking in...I like the pace. GU left quite a few opportunities/points off the board. Law of averages dictates GU should be able to win. Keep taking it to the rack and make that decision point of jump shot or force action. Too many in/out passes against this defense will just allow more pokeaways. I also like they are making the most on fast break opportunities. Get the fouls, get in the bonus, handle the ball, and it will be fine.
    long tome no see

I know this is so cliched, but we should really be up 6 to 8 points now. GU had about 3 to 4 possessions where they just lost control of the ball due to things non related to TT's defense. The classic case was Rui driving towards the hoop for a wide open jam where he just lost control of his footing. There were at least two in deep post touches that GU fumbled the ball away, and then that disastrous situation where Jones made a great steal and had a 2 on 1 break but needed to understand that he's not Josh Perkins. Clarke was not far enough ahead to make a pass. Should've held on to the ball until Perks or Snacks got there.

The Zags need to do a better job on Mooney in the 2nd half, who just keeps impressing me more & more with each passing round. He reminds me so much of a Zag.

The team is doing as good of a job as can be expected on Culver. He's going to hit shots. Just don't let him go nuts.

Very much like FSU, we need to get Clarke going a little more, and set up some plays for Tillie for his patented corner three.

The stupid announcers keep saying its TT's pace, but Gonzaga is very comfortable playing in the low to mid 70's, which is were this contest is headed. If it were 27-25, I would be concerned if I were GU.

One of these teams is going to go on a mini-run in the 2nd half that could very well determine the outcome. Let's hope it is GU.

20 minutes until Minneapolis and the final four. Let's bring Geno home!!!!!!!

if not for a few flukey sloppy mistakes/missteps we are up by a dozen. We got this.

I think 6-8 points is a minimum. Fumble fingers.

It’s still a good game. I won’t care if we win by 1 or 20. Just win!

we have the lead despite some mistakes. a couple less boneheaded turnovers and couple more of those open 3s drop and we're up by 10 at the half. we're going to clean up the mistakes in the 2nd half and win this by double digits. go zags!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    2d half will be Culver v the Zags.
    Culver has led TT in scoring 27 of the 35 games. Currently only has 7 (3 of 10 shooting, shooting 48.4% for the season)

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

11 fouls called total on both teams, 7 on TT and 4 of those relatively early.

TT is who they are. We just need to clean up the unforced turnovers. We can limit them in the their half court O if we just guard the 3 point line a little better. Let Clarke, Rui, and Tillie guard the rim if the guards get beat off of the dribble. Do not sag and let TT toe the three point line. I don't think they have the ponies to beat us inside.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenZag View Post
    if not for a few flukey sloppy mistakes/missteps we are up by a dozen. We got this.
    That had nothing to do with TT, just terrible play.

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    Dang you would think we were in bad shape! We have the lead, we aren’t in foul trouble, we are drawing fouls every time we go inside with clean passes, and we are out rebounding them. We just need to clean up our passing and keep our focus.

And if Few is being out coached how is it that we have the lead? Please don’t be crazy!
    Few is doing fine. I liked the substitution pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I know this is so cliched, but we should really be up 6 to 8 points now. GU had about 3 to 4 possessions where they just lost control of the ball due to things non related to TT's defense. The classic case was Rui driving towards the hoop for a wide open jam where he just lost control of his footing. There were at least two in deep post touches that GU fumbled the ball away, and then that disastrous situation where Jones made a great steal and had a 2 on 1 break but needed to understand that he's not Josh Perkins. Clarke was not far enough ahead to make a pass. Should've held on to the ball until Perks or Snacks got there.

The Zags need to do a better job on Mooney in the 2nd half, who just keeps impressing me more & more with each passing round. He reminds me so much of a Zag.

The team is doing as good of a job as can be expected on Culver. He's going to hit shots. Just don't let him go nuts.

Very much like FSU, we need to get Clarke going a little more, and set up some plays for Tillie for his patented corner three.

The stupid announcers keep saying its TT's pace, but Gonzaga is very comfortable playing in the low to mid 70's, which is were this contest is headed. If it were 27-25, I would be concerned if I were GU.

One of these teams is going to go on a mini-run in the 2nd half that could very well determine the outcome. Let's hope it is GU.

20 minutes until Minneapolis and the final four. Let's bring Geno home!!!!!!!
    Excellent thoughts.

I don't really see TT cranking up the D more than they already are, which is very good. But I don't see them keeping up their scoring pace. Their 3 point shooting will likely return to their average and the Zags pull away.

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    Culver has led TT in scoring 27 of the 35 games. Currently only has 7 (3 of 10 shooting, shooting 48.4% for the season)
    Our guys have been great so far taking the other team's leading scorer out of the action. Need to keep it up 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Yup. Basketball is a game of runs. If TT starts with a good run I think/hope we can come back, but if GU starts with a good run I think TT will fade.

Come on boys! You guys got this!!!
    Love the zags for life