Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD: (3) Texas Tech vs. (1) Gonzaga, Elite 8, March 30, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    Turnovers and errant shots in traffic for starters.
    how is that not smart? you saw the game. couldn't go inside, hackathon uncalled, TT physical like FSU, 7 fouls only. that has nothing to do with smart or not

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    CBS is happy
    Why, Zags are a bigger brand than TTU.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    maybe. when you say IQ, please, be specific. what should they have done differently IQ wise?
    Played smarter for starters.

Tech played better. We were way too sloppy with the ball.

Damn, I’m bummed but what can you do?
    Congrats TT.

I love how they keep showing replays of Texas Tech reaching in and fouling and then calling it great defense. What a joke

Well that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    Well that sucks.
    Yes, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ777 View Post
    Why, Zags are a bigger brand than TTU.
    They get a "cinderalla" first timer in the FF. The announcers have been clearly pro opponent in the Sweet 16....CBS has a lot to do with that. Do you think neutral refs would let so many fouls slide??

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    You post that like 10 times a game every game thread. You seem to have a serious inferiority complex.
    I thoroughly enjoy his posts

for someone who likes to call out other posters for being personally snotty, you might need some kleenex to wipe your nose

I am disgusted with how the refs called this game. It all started when GU was up 48-44 and you could feel them starting to take over and Hachimura drove the ball to the lane, got hacked an no whistle. After that TT was allowed to do anything they wanted with impunity. They committed so many fouls and got so many breaks that weren't called. I understand why their defense is so good if they are getting these breaks all year. This was a sad day for college basketball. The reality will smack them in the face when they play next Saturday. Doesn't matter which blue blood wins, Duke or Michigan State will be in the double bonus by the under 8 timeout because Tech won't get the benefit of the officiating against those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by drvenkman05 View Post
    Power-six athleticism, baby, power-six athleticism. Oh, and something about TTU defense?
    TTech allowed to play something other than basketball.....for them to have so few fouls was ridiculous!!! They were slapping a grabbing a shoving....you can NOT reach through the back of a player and poke the ball away that is a FOUL everytime by a good ref!!! This game was trouble as soon as the refs let TTech get away with way too much.....with about 8 minutes left the Red Raiders only had TWO fouls on them...just ridiculous.....that being said, the Zags played poorly and missed a lot of wide open shots....
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    I love how they keep showing replays of Texas Tech reaching in and fouling and then calling it great defense. What a joke
    no matter how many times they want me to say I see 5 lights, there are only four

there are 4 lights

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Love jones in there. Calm smart player
    Likewise. Goodbye to a fine senior player. I wish him the very best in the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    we have the lead despite some mistakes. a couple less boneheaded turnovers and couple more of those open 3s drop and we're up by 10 at the half. we're going to clean up the mistakes in the 2nd half and win this by double digits. go zags!
    well this post did not age well.

Quote Originally Posted by john montana View Post
    Sad thing is we are a better team, and it isnít close. They hacked the living #### out of us, and we fell apart. Couple that with clearly terrible refs and we get bounced. Just a disaster. I have no respect for TT and that ymca garbage. Few will have more class than me. Zero chance I could say nice things after having a final four taken from us by refs too cowardly to call someone for grabbing a guyís arm.
    +1

I think we need Norvellís green light revoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Stupidest post I have ever seen in any basketball forum. Without Josh, we are not where we are today.
    True - very true

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    No ball handlers next year.
    You clearly have not seen Brock Ravet play.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    well this post did not age well.
    Unfortunately. I think we all had wishful thinking!

Team showed so much heart at end when it appeared the game was totally over. What grit. I feel terrible for Josh for that foul at the end. What an unusual situation, but it's something I could see happening to a number of players. Surprised it doesn't happen more often.

That's all she wrote. You cannot turn the ball over like that and win against great competition at this level. So much of it was self induced, but I also feel self induced TO's relate to fear of the defense.

Hitting a bunch of three's would've helped Gonzaga to combat the TO's, but Tech took them away.

Feel terrible for the seniors. But all along I had concerns about Josh as Gonzaga's PG at THIS level of tournament. Again, it's why 3 major basketball analysts picked Tech and Michigan to get out of this region. He's never had a good handle, and is not fast enough to get by in your grill defenders like Mooney. That'll change when Dom Harris gets here in 2020. He finished as GU's all-time assist leader, but that isn't ALL that goes into making a national championship caliber PG. Even with Josh being GU's all-time assist leader, I still feel his best season was in 2017 when he worked with Nigel as the primary ball handler.

An end of an era for Gonzaga basketball. Good chance we don't make the dance one of the next 2 seasons. The loss of Rui and Clarke to the draft is gonna hurt. And Few has to sell a grad transfer PG to come to Spokane despite the fact that the team will be super young. Will be tough. I realize there are other roster choices, but they are not good enough, and the team probably needs experience at the PG spot due to all the youth that will be on he team.

Major credit to TT and Coach Chris Beard, who I felt went into this game with a major coaching disadvantage (not because he isn't a great coach, but due to NCAA tourney inexperience). He did an amazing job turning his team's offense around. They were in the 90's at kenpom.com most of the year. Now they are final four good, although I will be the first guy to admit that some of those threes his fellows hit were so well contested.

Now on to the Jack Daniels. This loss sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkmandale View Post
    You clearly have not seen Brock Ravet play.
    Or how GU develops players. We've been extremely spoiled with Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Tech played better. We were way too sloppy with the ball.

Damn, Iím bummed but what can you do?
    Congrats TT.
    Agreed.

What a game!!! I know it didnít go your way. This is our first Final Four ever. Iím super excited. I thought the Zags were going to win after that first half. We werenít playing our normal game.

Congrats on a great season!!!

Brock is going to be a great Zag, but with the amount of youth that will be on next year's team, I think Few is going to opt for a grad transfer. You also want Brock playing off the ball some of time with that great jumper he has.

Quote Originally Posted by spadefreek View Post
    What a game!!! I know it didn’t go your way. This is our first Final Four ever. I’m super excited. I thought the Zags were going to win after that first half. We weren’t playing our normal game.

Congrats on a great season!!!
    Congrats to the Red Raiders.