• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zag4Hire
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    long tome no see
    Yeah brother. Hope all is well. I have caught most of the games this year but just haven't been able to check in to games on the Boards like I have I wanted.

I said to a couple of basketball heads before today that Tex Tech will be the strongest opponent Zags will face in the tournament. Luckily I think the teams have been progressively preparing the Zags for this point in Baylor and FSU.

Zags are due for a good spurt and don't think TT can replicate that simply as not their style. Turn it into a points battle.
    IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• Zag4Hire
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by GU69 View Post
      Yup. Basketball is a game of runs. If TT starts with a good run I think/hope we can come back, but if GU starts with a good run I think TT will fade.
      +1 exactly

Comment

• Zags11
        Banned
        • Mar 2008

Cut the turnovers. Stop letting them make 3s. Come on.

Comment

• gonstu
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I’m here at the Honda Center. Lots of zag fans . But lots of Tech fans too, more than I anticipated. Whoever can make a good run will feel like they have a crowd advantage. That’s my take from the nosebleeds at least. Go zags!! So nervous!!

Comment

• Zag4Hire
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ZenZag View Post
            if not for a few flukey sloppy mistakes/missteps we are up by a dozen. We got this.
            Yup.

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

We'll see if GU can overcome the first half jitters and take better care of the rock. The wise guys in Vegas predicted a four point spread. . .I wouldn't expect GU to win this thing by double digits.

GO ZAGS !!
              The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Zag4Hire View Post
                Yeah brother. Hope all is well. I have caught most of the games this year but just haven't been able to check in to games on the Boards like I have I wanted.

I said to a couple of basketball heads before today that Tex Tech will be the strongest opponent Zags will face in the tournament. Luckily I think the teams have been progressively preparing the Zags for this point in Baylor and FSU.

Zags are due for a good spurt and don't think TT can replicate that simply as not their style. Turn it into a points battle.
                yeah baby, I like the Zags D so far in the matchup. We'll see if TT goes for their own o glass or not; Zags were crushing them and breaking. if TT stays back, Zags won't be able to run but will dominate their D glass, will be more of a grinder if like that imo

but Zags have open shots all over the place. points battle works here!

Comment

• tummydoc
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2013

Keep calm and zag on

Comment

• gueastcoast
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                    We'll see if GU can overcome the first half jitters and take better care of the rock. The wise guys in Vegas predicted a four point spread. . .I wouldn't expect GU to win this thing by double digits.

GO ZAGS !!
                    Preach...

Anyone expecting an easy double-digit win not paying attention.

Grind it out, Zags.
                    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• spadefreek
                      Redshirt
                      • Mar 2019

Good game so far. Texas Tech has been a 2nd half team all year so we will see if that continues.

Comment

• RenoZag
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Switched out the hoody and the GU ball cap. . .half time adjustments, ya know. . .
                        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• DZ
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2007

Yeah, we have a 2 point lead despite numerous turnovers that took points right off the board for us, AND, TT was shooting the 3 at a spectacular pace.

I don't know that Texas can continue at that pace.
                          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                          Mark Twain.

Comment

• 23dpg
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Good D CK
                            Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• doctorzag
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2009

Norvell??