• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gonzdb8
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    we have the lead despite some mistakes. a couple less boneheaded turnovers and couple more of those open 3s drop and we're up by 10 at the half. we're going to clean up the mistakes in the 2nd half and win this by double digits. go zags!
    well this post did not age well.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by john montana View Post
      Sad thing is we are a better team, and it isn’t close. They hacked the living #### out of us, and we fell apart. Couple that with clearly terrible refs and we get bounced. Just a disaster. I have no respect for TT and that ymca garbage. Few will have more class than me. Zero chance I could say nice things after having a final four taken from us by refs too cowardly to call someone for grabbing a guy’s arm.
      +1

Comment

• Chicken Ball
        Kennel Club
        • Feb 2007

I think we need Norvell’s green light revoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• rawkmandale
          Banned
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SorenTodd45
          Stupidest post I have ever seen in any basketball forum. Without Josh, we are not where we are today.
          True - very true

Comment

• rawkmandale
            Banned
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
            No ball handlers next year.
            You clearly have not seen Brock Ravet play.

Comment

• SWZag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
              well this post did not age well.
              Unfortunately. I think we all had wishful thinking!

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• CDC84
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Team showed so much heart at end when it appeared the game was totally over. What grit. I feel terrible for Josh for that foul at the end. What an unusual situation, but it's something I could see happening to a number of players. Surprised it doesn't happen more often.

That's all she wrote. You cannot turn the ball over like that and win against great competition at this level. So much of it was self induced, but I also feel self induced TO's relate to fear of the defense.

Hitting a bunch of three's would've helped Gonzaga to combat the TO's, but Tech took them away.

Feel terrible for the seniors. But all along I had concerns about Josh as Gonzaga's PG at THIS level of tournament. Again, it's why 3 major basketball analysts picked Tech and Michigan to get out of this region. He's never had a good handle, and is not fast enough to get by in your grill defenders like Mooney. That'll change when Dom Harris gets here in 2020. He finished as GU's all-time assist leader, but that isn't ALL that goes into making a national championship caliber PG. Even with Josh being GU's all-time assist leader, I still feel his best season was in 2017 when he worked with Nigel as the primary ball handler.

An end of an era for Gonzaga basketball. Good chance we don't make the dance one of the next 2 seasons. The loss of Rui and Clarke to the draft is gonna hurt. And Few has to sell a grad transfer PG to come to Spokane despite the fact that the team will be super young. Will be tough. I realize there are other roster choices, but they are not good enough, and the team probably needs experience at the PG spot due to all the youth that will be on he team.

Major credit to TT and Coach Chris Beard, who I felt went into this game with a major coaching disadvantage (not because he isn't a great coach, but due to NCAA tourney inexperience). He did an amazing job turning his team's offense around. They were in the 90's at kenpom.com most of the year. Now they are final four good, although I will be the first guy to admit that some of those threes his fellows hit were so well contested.

Now on to the Jack Daniels. This loss sucks.

Comment

• SWZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by rawkmandale View Post
                  You clearly have not seen Brock Ravet play.
                  Or how GU develops players. We've been extremely spoiled with Josh.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• rawkmandale
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                    Tech played better. We were way too sloppy with the ball.

Damn, I’m bummed but what can you do?
                    Congrats TT.
                    Agreed.

Comment

• spadefreek
                      Redshirt
                      • Mar 2019

What a game!!! I know it didn’t go your way. This is our first Final Four ever. I’m super excited. I thought the Zags were going to win after that first half. We weren’t playing our normal game.

Congrats on a great season!!!

Comment

• CDC84
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Brock is going to be a great Zag, but with the amount of youth that will be on next year's team, I think Few is going to opt for a grad transfer. You also want Brock playing off the ball some of time with that great jumper he has.

Comment

• RenoZag
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by spadefreek View Post
                          What a game!!! I know it didn’t go your way. This is our first Final Four ever. I’m super excited. I thought the Zags were going to win after that first half. We weren’t playing our normal game.

Congrats on a great season!!!
                          Congrats to the Red Raiders.
                          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• RenoZag
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                            Team showed so much heart at end when it appeared the game was totally over. What grit. I feel terrible for Josh for that foul at the end. What an unusual situation, but it's something I could see happening to a number of players. Surprised it doesn't happen more often.

That's all she wrote. You cannot turn the ball over like that and win against great competition at this level. So much of it was self induced, but I also feel self induced TO's relate to fear of the defense.

Hitting a bunch of three's would've helped Gonzaga to combat the TO's, but Tech took them away.

Feel terrible for the seniors. But all along I had concerns about Josh as Gonzaga's PG at THIS level of tournament. Again, it's why 3 major basketball analysts picked Tech and Michigan to get out of this region. He's never had a good handle, and is not fast enough to get by in your grill defenders like Mooney. That'll change when Dom Harris gets here in 2020. He finished as GU's all-time assist leader, but that isn't ALL that goes into making a national championship caliber PG. Even with Josh being GU's all-time assist leader, I still feel his best season was in 2017 when he worked with Nigel as the primary ball handler.

An end of an era for Gonzaga basketball. Good chance we don't make the dance one of the next 2 seasons. The loss of Rui and Clarke to the draft is gonna hurt. And Few has to sell a grad transfer PG to come to Spokane despite the fact that the team will be super young. Will be tough. I realize there are other roster choices, but they are not good enough, and the team probably needs experience at the PG spot due to all the youth that will be on he team.

Major credit to TT and Coach Chris Beard, who I felt went into this game with a major coaching disadvantage (not because he isn't a great coach, but due to NCAA tourney inexperience). He did an amazing job turning his team's offense around. They were in the 90's at kenpom.com most of the year. Now they are final four good, although I will be the first guy to admit that some of those threes his fellows hit were so well contested.

It does sting. Good analysis.
                            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• rawkmandale
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post

Whiskey is always a good choice after a game like this, but I will stick to wine for a couple of hours. You know, I am not so certain that our juniors will leave. This is a family. There is no family at the NBA level. Even if they do, Gonzaga is not going to fall off the edge of the table. You can thank the community, the administration, the coaching staff, and the returning players.

Comment

• v13311
                                Bulldog Fan
                                • Oct 2017

I don't post here much but my observations are that we just are not tough enough when it counts. Also, even though Clark, Hachimura, and Tilly are good - they are not great. They don't seem ready for the NBA or European ball in my opinion and they should consider finishing up their eligibility with the Bulldogs. Another year ball handling experience and seasoning would help their cause. They all need more offensive moves to play professionally. It was a good season, I didn't miss a game and I enjoyed watching them.

Comment

Working...
                                X