Thread: Saturday Tiptime

Default Saturday Tiptime

Jim Meehan

@SRJimm

More
    Gonzaga and Texas Tech will tip at 3:09 on TBS Saturday.

Opening line is GU -4

I assume that is pacific time?

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Jim Meehan

@SRJimm

More
    Gonzaga and Texas Tech will tip at 3:09 on TBS Saturday.
    I hate the start time

Give me 6pm on a saturday... good build up bbq time, "couple" beverages...and then roll on into the night
    I am working on being a more all around square.

Crap... retreat until 5 pm.... this is a NIghtmare

I totally beg to differ. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tip time, because Gonzaga played the first game tonight, and it gives Beard EVEN LESS time to prep for Gonzaga. I feel and will continue to feel that the guy who has made 3 elite 8's and 2 sweet 16's in the past 5 years, along with 20 straight NCAA tourneys (or whatever it is), enjoys a big coaching advantage in this game. There is mammoth difference between coaching in the NCAA tourney, and coaching in the regular season. Few had some success at the beginning, but Mark had to learn a lot of things until he got to where he is right now. Beard is very early on in his learning curve.

Teams are who they are right now. They don't change, and you cannot properly have a practice at this juncture. The tip time helps Gonzaga.

Especially because TT, as great as their defense is, has not seen 3 big men on any team quite like Tillie, Clarke and an engaged Hachimura. In fact, all of the TBS analysts picked Gonzaga because of their frontline. Also, as great as TT is at defense, I feel that they are an easier prep for GU than even FSU, who is obviously not as good defensively as TT. It is because FSU's size and length is so unconventional, and is impossible to prep for. Whereas TT plays a more conventional defense. It maybe superior to FSU's, but it's MORE LIKE Gonzaga's way of playing of defense.

You want as little time between tonight's game and the TT game as possible. If Michigan had won tonight, I would be saying the opposite.

My oldest daughter got M's tickets month's ago for Sat. Nite to see her beloved BoSox.

She will be happy with this start time.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Umm... it's Saturday. It really doesn't matter the start time. I'll be there. Regardless. Go Zags. Can't wait until Minneapolis!
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I totally beg to differ. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tip time, because Gonzaga played the first game tonight, and it gives Beard EVEN LESS time to prep for Gonzaga. I feel and will continue to feel that the guy who has made 3 elite 8's and 2 sweet 16's in the past 5 years, along with 20 straight NCAA tourneys (or whatever it is), enjoys a big coaching advantage in this game. There is mammoth difference between coaching in the NCAA tourney, and coaching in the regular season. Few had some success at the beginning, but had to learn at lot of things until he got to where he is right now. Beard is very early on in his learning curve.

Teams are who they are right now. They don't change, and you cannot properly have a practice this juncture. The tip time helps Gonzaga.

Especially because TT, as great as their defense, has not seen 3 big men on any team quite like Tillie, Clarke and an engaged Hachimura. In fact, all of the TBS analysts picked Gonzaga because of their frontline. Also, as great as TT is at defense, I feel that they are an easier prep for GU than even FSU, who is obviously not as good defensively as TT. It is because FSU's size and length is so unconventional, and is impossible to prep for. Whereas TT plays a more conventional defense. It maybe superior to FSU's, but it's MORE LIKE Gonzaga's way of playing.
    Good post yet watching Tech post game vs watching GU post game was night & day.

We looked exhausted, flushed, covered in sweat, ragged.

Tech looked fresh, bouncy, barely breaking a sweat, & not a hair outta place.

Not that they didn't work hard but could limit their mins, and keep them rested with such a big lead. Nlt many fouls either.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post

Not that they didn't work hard but could limit their mins, and keep them rested with such a big lead. Nlt many fouls either.
    Only hardwork can sharpen the edge. MI was awful, awful, awful in that game. I like GU’s odds come Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagsker View Post
    I hate the start time

Give me 6pm on a saturday... good build up bbq time, "couple" beverages...and then roll on into the night
    It’s 6pm in the Big Apple ��

I couldn’t have hoped for a better time slot. Game at 5, Mumford & Sons start at 8. I was sweating it out, 5 was my only hope. Not going to the show wasn’t an option. (It actually was but it would’ve been horrible.)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Yeah I know, give me the Pacific northwest with east coast start times and I'm all good

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post

To be fair... They were throttling the Wolverines... they didn't have to play too hard and they cleared the benches in the last minute and a half.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Yes it is... Perfect timing for us on the east coast. Cloudy and 58... will have the grill cleaned off and going to buy a couple of prime cowboy steaks on the way home from work tonight. Steaks, beer and Zags... perfection.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

I’ll be in the woods lowering a few trees - but leave in time to catch the game. Can’t miss it
    I too like earlier games & feel the Zags will be READY
    TT has great D. Zags have shown they can score against good D. If TT cannot muster good O to beat Zag D (which I feel is under rated and will continually be so) TT will be sweating quite well by 5:09 PDT.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Perfect time...and hopefully a completely different and more objective broadcast crew...

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Yes it is... Perfect timing for us on the east coast. Cloudy and 58... will have the grill cleaned off and going to buy a couple of prime cowboy steaks on the way home from work tonight. Steaks, beer and Zags... perfection.
    And the Metsies are in 1st place. Call off the season.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I ve always envied EST start times...particularly in college football, 9am kickoffs for Husker games suck

Quote Originally Posted by Zagsker View Post
    I ve always envied EST start times...particularly in college football, 9am kickoffs for Husker games suck
    When my Dad was Chairman of the Geography department at the University of Montana, they brought in a young associate from India.

Mt Dad wanted to introduce him to college life here in the US and had him up to the house to watch a football game. It was Nebraska playing.

As he explained some of the broader points of the game, the professor asked him why the were cheering for rutabagas. My Dad asked why he thought that and the professor said that where he came from, gobigred was a rutabaga.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

And the Metsies are in 1st place. Call off the season.
    LOL... yeah... definitely call off the rest of the season... probably the only time my Mets will be in first place all year.

Weird to be so early while Virginia starts at almost 9pm their time.

I have some things to arrange, or more specifically the people who schedule things during March Madness do, if I am going to watch it on time.

Quote Originally Posted by zag944 View Post
    Weird to be so early while Virginia starts at almost 9pm their time.

I have some things to arrange, or more specifically the people who schedule things during March Madness do, if I am going to watch it on time.
    That is to help everybody get to sleep
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    That is to help everybody get to sleep
    Sominex sales fell off a cliff last night.