View Poll Results: GUnit of the Game - S16 - FSU - 3. 28. 19 ?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perkins

25 18.52%
  • Clarke

66 48.89%
  • Hachimura

16 11.85%
  • Norvell, Jr.

7 5.19%
  • Kispert

1 0.74%
  • Tillie

11 8.15%
  • Jones

2 1.48%
  • Other. . .(and why)

7 5.19%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GUnit of the Game - NCAA Sweet 16 - FSU - 3. 28. 19 ??

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Equivocating much, Coyote? LOL
    Yeah, you got me! Zags showed the toughness and character I’ve doubted them on. Never happier to admit I was wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    Yeah, you got me! Zags showed the toughness and character I’ve doubted them on. Never happier to admit I was wrong!
    I'm just a bit surprised that nearly 92% voted for an individual, when it was a true team victory.

Clarke brought the sprinkles with this hard fought victory. I don't know if anyone noticed, but Kispert quietly had a good game out there today.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    Clarke brought the sprinkles with this hard fought victory. I don't know if anyone noticed, but Kispert quietly had a good game out there today.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Agreed! Kispert has played great defense the whole tournament really. Hope he keeps it up! We’re gonna have to bring the D next time too because whoever wins this game will definitely bring it.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNation View Post
    As it stands right now. Michigan will get the ball in the 2nd half.
    And to start its gm vs us.

I'm just a bit surprised that nearly 92% voted for an individual, when it was a true team victory.
    I'm an originalist, when WooHoo started this you were supposed to vote for a single individual, he knew it would be tough some days.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    And to start its gm vs us.
    See my thread "half time possession question". May shed some light.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

While it really was a team effort and probably Clarke's blocks and rebounds were a big key...I think the play of the game was the three from Zach Norvell with 3 minutes left after Florida State had cut the lead to 4 points was really BIG!!!!! If that clanks of for a runout 2 or 3 by Florida State this game might have gone the wrong way...it was slipping away until that shot!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Perkins didn't have a great game statistically, but damn was he ever tough against that relentless pressure. And the pocket picking/smack talking at the end of the half was great.

I gave it to Norvell for finding a way to get hit on the head on a layup without getting fouled (He also hit a ton of big shots, including a huge one in crunch time)

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    How? They got the tip, and there were no jump balls in the first half.

I remember thinking after Josh's "And One" that we'd get to add to it, then it's all messed up.

I swear the refs did everything humanly possible to will this into a close game.

Speaking of Refs, did Michigan get a technical for not wearing white tonight?

The dual foul (Clarke and someone from FSU) served as a jump ball and GU got it. The technical fouls were dead ball, so Perkins shot his "and one" as normal.

Seems like overthinking it to say anyone but Clarke. Good to see a few guys get back in rhythm though.

Quote Originally Posted by gobroncsgozags View Post
    The dual foul (Clarke and someone from FSU) served as a jump ball and GU got it. The technical fouls were dead ball, so Perkins shot his "and one" as normal.
    And FSU had the possession arrow after that.

Aha, the dual foul, forgot about that.
    That reminds me. The replays during the game were scant at best. I remember when that happened I didn’t see the double foul. They just briefly mentioned it and moved on.

Nice call Bronco - well done!

Still unsure why they got the ball start 2d half. Help?
    Double technicals goes to the possession arrow s.

I voted Tillie. He had a lot of great defensive plays in this one. He was huge off the bench.

Tough call. I'll give it to BC. I think they feared him more than anyone.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    Tough call. I'll give it to BC. I think they feared him more than anyone.
    This is a good point. It allowed Josh to get his as well. They kept giving him the short floater but sagging to Clarke on the screen and he made FSU pay more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNation View Post
    Thank you for posting that. I know Brandon has lived in Phoenix for quite some time but man his Canadian accent is still pretty strong. LOL

I voted other—Few gets my vote. Almost voted other for “team” because there were too many guys to choose from, each of which we don’t win without their efforts. But Few earned it tonight.

I didn’t think coach would go for the three bigs lineup in crunch time, and I wasn’t sure it would work if he did. But when your bigs are athletic super freaks you can still defend well and rebound even better. I’m sure we will see more of this, but only if they aren’t in serious foul trouble.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Yeah, I know it needs an "e"...sue me! Josh had best +/- and a bunch of other leading analytics. It was close.

I’m an outlier, I voted Tils.
    KT played outstanding defense. Agree

We all tend to "paint inside the lines." If there had been a "team" option in the poll, it likely would have won. A "Coach Few" option would have been worthy, as well. More options = more clarity.