Thread: Beat Florida State

Default Beat Florida State

Get it done, Zags.
    -----------
    “Gonzaga is headed to the Final Four!!!” CBS Brian Anderson 3/17

“I’m a mess, I did the last 10 minutes of the game in tears. There are so many people in the history of the program who are celebrating this – and coach Few has kept us all together to feel like we’re a part of it.” Matt Santangelo 3/17

"I'm not an expert on Fairy Tales, but it seems to me that Cinderella only went to one dance."MarkFew3/01

"Over comes Matt Santangelo, the All-America point guard. I said to him 'I stayed up all night in our studios watching you shoot the lights out against Santa Clara '." DiggerPhelps 12/99

. "Everyone remembers our charmed little run. They don't remember losing at TCU or at San Diego or hitting a three-pointer at the buzzer to beat Texas-Pan American. Nobody remembers that game." Few12/99

"These guys are a poor-man's UNC - one great guard, a good big man, and crap everywhere else. Have they stopped for one second to wonder who is going to keep a lid on Chris Williams' baseline jumper if Calvary is covering Watson? You are right - the 'Zaga bandwagon has ballooned to ridiculous proportions. Me thinks that we are going to lay an ass-whoopin' on them." UVaJimBeam3/14/01

" 'This is a team that was on the ropes and responded.' Game was tied at 60 and Gonzaga ends the game on a 25 to 8 run. MAKE IT THREE STRAIGHT Sweet 16 appearances for Gonzaga! It's OVER at the Pyramid. They hold off upstart Indiana State to win it going away 85 to 68."- Ian call me eye-ann Eagle and Jim Spanarkle3/01.

"Guys like Jeff Brown, they passed the legacy, the work ethic on to Casey, who has passed it on to Cory Violette. It continues today with the new guys" Mark Few 9/26/01

"We should pound the Zags on Friday. They don't have a top 100 recruit, play in a weak conference and don't have the big-game experience of UVa (Duke, UNC, etc.). Does anyone think that Duke or UNC would be worried about this game?"cAv3/14/01

"Bottom line, this game is all about UVa's performance and not the Zags'. If we're the average team from our wins, there's nothing Dickau and co. can do to win unless Carolina refs show up." Hoofan3/14/01

“Either the baskets in the West Coast Conference are three feet wide or these guys have radar in their heads.. I don’t buy the theory that suddenly those shots will start rimming out because the Zags are playing an ACC squad.” Oped:thesabre3/14

"To be honest, I never really had heard of the school, But since I've been here, I've had three (West Coast Conference) championship rings, been to the NCAA twice and the NIT twice. So, we've shared some real success."Mike Leisure3/99

"The big guys from Illinois really paid him (Zach) and Cory a compliment when they said they were the best tandem they've played against so far in their career. I thought that was really something when you think that last year they played against (Michigan State's) Zach Randolph and Andre Hutson."Mark Few S/R11/21/01

"It's kind of a misnomer about us. It's almost funny. They assume we are not very athletic. It's a big mistake."MarkFew12/0

"I don't think people, both in the media and my profession, understand just how good a thing we have up here right now."Mark Few 9/01

"Shot clock turned off.....Calvary.......Hall........8 to shoot........Hall...the runnerrrr......loose ball .....ITS GOOD!!!!.........4.4 to go............Shannon...'Don't want to foul'............Shannon..from the cornerrrrrrrrrr........AND IT'S OVER!!!!!......GONZAGA!!!, THE SLIPPER STILL FITS!!!.....THEY WIN IT 73-72........HOLY COW!!!!" Gus Johnson/Dan Bonner3/99

"They just took our heart and our pride from us. They started hitting shots and crashing the rebounds and we couldn't answer that. That's when our heart was taken and it was all downhill from there." Jason Kapono 12/99

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Go time.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Love the Seminole My Little Pony.

Yes, let's win this.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Let's Do It!

I could easily see a game tied at 60 and this team going on another 25-8 run.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Go Zags!
    Bring back the OCC

Let’s go Zags! Can’t wait to get off work tonight!
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Go Zags!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Great day to be a Zag!

Thanks for all the great quotes, GoZags. Great memories of great Gonzaga teams. What new memories and new quotes will be created out of this game tonight. It is one of those really great games in March Madness. I'm smiling.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Come on zags - get it done!

Am hyped! Go Zags!

Beat FSU.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Lets go!
    Love the zags for life

Beat Florida State

All of the lucky gear is on. Told my boss I had a cardiology stress test this afternoon. . .which is pretty factual. . .

Win. Just win.

“There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

"Shot clock turned off.....Calvary.......Hall........8 to shoot........Hall...the runnerrrr......loose ball .....ITS GOOD!!!!.........4.4 to go............Shannon...'Don't want to foul'............Shannon..from the cornerrrrrrrrrr........AND IT'S OVER!!!!!......GONZAGA!!!, THE SLIPPER STILL FITS!!!.....THEY WIN IT 73-72........HOLY COW!!!!" Gus Johnson/Dan Bonner3/99
    And yet to this day, I still think that 3 pointer is going in every time. Never has a shot looked so pure on its way to the rim, only to bonk off, though not by much.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    Beat Florida State
    like a rented mule.................

Go ZAGS

Let’s Do This!