Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD = NCAA TOURNEY, SWEET 16, FRIDAY, MARCH 29

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    This was a public survey question, of course Gonzaga was around 70% of the vote.

When we have been a 1 seed, we have never been the 1st 1 seed to be eliminated.
    Winner winner chicken dinner......the survey was for this year..

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Izzo is unreal. Do you realize how much this year's MSU team has been hurt by injuries and God knows what else. They have a NBA guy and another very talented player sitting on the pine right now. And they just got done scorching a talented LSU team. Even more amazing when you consider that, according to numerous MSU reports, that Gonzaga absolutely annihilated them in the GU/MSU preseason scrimmage.
    He does his best work when expectations are low. When he has really highly regarded and very talented teams he tends to underachieve. Weird dichotomy he has going on.

What happened to Raftery? He’s become a total shill for Duke. Or has he always had such tendencies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZag View Post
    What happened to Raftery? He’s become a total shill for Duke. Or has he always had such tendencies?

Noticed this as well tonight.

Usually a big fan of his, but been terribly bias tonight.

His comment "I fully expect and want Zion to dominate tonight".

It hasn't let up...weird.

Zion needs a “Clarke” like game.

Will we hear it?

I have repressed that season.

I Jimmy Kimmel'd it. Didn't happen. Lol!
    I was asking because I couldn’t remember if another 1 lost in the rd of 32 before the Zags lost that day.

Watching Duke I can't help but think that they should be sitting at home waiting for their million dollar endorsement checks and UCF should be facing V Tech. It would be ironic poetic injustice for Duke to win it all now, but something tells me it might happen.

He’s always been a blueblood wannabe. Always, I know him 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZag View Post

Go Houston and VA Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ777 View Post
    I was asking because couldn’t remember if another 1 lost in the rd If 32 before the Zags lost that day.
    Maybe it was the next round, Indiana was another #1 seed that went out early that year IIRC.

Hill stinks. False equanimity. Do you think someday, someone at CBS or ESPN is gonna realize, how come we have so many on air personalities from the same school?

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Maybe it was the next round, Indiana was another #1 seed that went out early that year IIRC.
    Yea think that was S16
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

At least the mighty ACC is guaranteed to get their first win over someone better than a 9 seed here.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by MJ777 View Post
    I was asking because I couldn’t remember if another 1 lost in the rd of 32 before the Zags lost that day.
    2 other 1 seeds lost in the Sweet 16 that year.

Only one 1 seed made the Elite 8 in 2012-2013.

Unique year.

Noticed this as well tonight.

Usually a big fan of his, but been terribly bias tonight.

His comment "I fully expect and want Zion to dominate tonight".

It hasn't let up...weird.
    I noticed it vs UCF but gave him the benefit of the doubt (assuming he hadn’t prepared to talk about UCF). He’s doubled down tonight. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Izzo is unreal. Do you realize how much this year's MSU team has been hurt by injuries and God knows what else. They have a NBA guy and another very talented player sitting on the pine right now. And they just got done scorching a talented LSU team. Even more amazing when you consider that, according to numerous MSU reports, that Gonzaga absolutely annihilated them in the GU/MSU preseason scrimmage.
    As ZagNative posted at the time:

This subscription-only piece from the Athletic contains lots of good stuff: https://theathletic.com/617357/2018/...ss-to-gonzaga/
    Gonzaga, overall, is further along than Michigan State. “Good enough to be in anyone’s top five in the country,” one source from the MSU staff said. The Zags are heavily experienced, especially in the backcourt, and their game-readiness was obvious.
    Gonzaga’s guards, though, were the difference. Josh Perkins, who handed out 196 assists last season, finished with 13 dimes and two turnovers. Norvell and Kispert both went 7 for 11 from the field and combined for 46 points. Kispert, who was slowed for much of his freshman year with a nagging ankle sprain, was a surprise to Michigan State — drilling five 3-pointers and grabbing seven rebounds in 31 minutes.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Fab 5 by a mile!! You have to put it in context. The fab 5 was playing and beating a ton of experienced teams with full of future top NBA pros who were juniors and seniors in college at the time. One and domes didn’t exist yet.

Ask me again in 7-10 years and I might have a different answer.
    I think fab 5 too
    Love the zags for life

Florida St beat Virginia Tech twice this month. Impressed.

Refs literally letting Zion mug people

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post

Yep gets old
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post

happens every game I've seen him play

Refs gonna ref.

The whole thing with CBS showing Grant Hill's famous dunk vs. Kansas and the Zion dunk he just put on Va Tech is sickening. A complete lack of objectivity and professionalism. I have said this once, and I will say it again......if I am a network, I would not have any color analyst announcing a game that involves the school that he went to. It's blatant homerism. And the fact that CBS, year after year, sends Hill with Nantz to the "Carolina-based" sites for the first weekend almost always guarantees that Grant will be announcing a Duke game.

Look I understand Zion is a really, really attractive athlete for the media. There's never been a 285lb basketball player who at 6-7 can physically do the stuff that he can do. And in some ways, I feel sorry for the kid because I have heard nothing but good things about him as young man and person. But how much of it is non-Duke fans wanting the Zion show, and how much of it is CBS/Turner/ESPN throwing Zion down our throats so much to where we just accept it as being the biggest and most important news feature in college basketball. I mean, if a politician adds a great enough ad writing group to their campaign, he or she can manipulate voters into believing they are the best candidate. It would seem to me it's no different than in college basketball. I mean, statistically and metrically Brandon Clarke is not that much different from Zion. And yet Brandon is not likely to come close to getting any major national postseason award. And he was totally excluded from the positional awards.

It's gotten to the point where it is even frustrating me. Clarke is busting his tail every night and is not getting hardly any national recognition for it.

Impressive that Hill fouled Zion with his head to pick up his 4th.

This is reminiscent of the ending of the UCF game. Zion fouls but the foul is called on the defender..... hmmmmmm