Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweet 16 Pre-game Media Thread: Gonzaga vs Florida State v 2.0

Default Zach Norvell USA Today article:

Nice read on ZN.

Go Zags! Beat FSU!

Link.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...3h5?ocid=ientp

great article ...thanks

NIce pic of dad in there. Still looks like he can play.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Great read... thanks for posting it.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan24 View Post
    Thanks for sharing '62. I actually liked the article, and while it offered nothing new, I didn't expect it to. This wasn't a local writer like Withers or Blanchette offering pearls of inside info; so I enjoy reading it from the outsider perspective and appreciating that more college basketball fans at a national level can recognize the accomplishments of the Gonzaga program.

I also think the article serves as a great reminder of the history of this program. A history that helps with my anxiety building up to Thursday, because while a national title will be a great capstone to this program's journey, the "story" of Zag basketball is not about a little engine that could making a great run or two in March. This is where the Gonzaga program has differentiated itself from Butler, Wichita St, VCU, etc in my opinion. The pattern of sustained excellence over the past 20 years is truly remarkable and quite possibly not replicable. The stunning number of factors that have, in confluence, contributed to this run would be hard to duplicate; from Few and Roth to the wonderful young men that have put on the Zag uniform, and including but not limited to the GU administration, boosters, community, students, and fans that have all been a part of this run.
    I liked the article myself. One factor that I feel gets overlooked in this run of greatness is the school’s name - it just looks and sounds cool. Would this discussion board and the tourney streak exist if the school was named Spokane University?

Default BC article in The Undefeated

I have a feeling Snacks could get hot and shoot us right to Minneapolis. He's ready to go nuts.

I have been so impressed with Zack's commitment to defense and his growth in passing. He has gone way beyond just being a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    When you follow the team on a molecular level, as most here do, none of these "stories" shed any significant light on the Zags. More likely, they infuriate with wrong information.
    These stories aren't what infuriates me. It is the negative response to the efforts of a board member to provide information so each of us can make our own determination as to its value. So sad.

Thanks GF62.

Nothing new, but a nice trip down memory lane. Thanks.

Thanks nut.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    I have a feeling Snacks could get hot and shoot us right to Minneapolis. He's ready to go nuts.
    Yes, aren't we due for a 7 for 9 from 3 shooting day from him? I would not mind if that was tomorrow night!

For anyone having issues accessing the story, here's a better link:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...un/3284251002/
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

If you believe in things like regression to the mean, then Zach is "due" for an above average shooting performance. Going on a 4 game "heater" would just about balance out his averages over the past 5 games.

He has 3PFG of 30% over the past 5 games vs and very steady career average of 37%.

Love it thanks
    Qualified for 21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Pre Game Press Conference: Florida St & Gonzaga

https://youtu.be/9P0RqemVKf0

Thanks so much for posting this link, PTZ! Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post

The more I listen to Leonard Hamilton the more I like him.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    The more I listen to Leonard Hamilton the more I like him.
    I really like their Coach. Seems like a great guy/leader/father figure. Enjoy tuning into his radio & tv appearances, one cool cat, practical, straight fwd, honest, kind hearted.

Been following/listening to him all week, endearing guy.

Mark Few's 'Top 20" ( from Jim Meehan )

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...hout-gonzagas/

But the locker-room revelry is trumped by one scene from the 2017 Final Four that linked the program’s past to the present. Following a film session at the team hotel, Few had dozens of former Zags enter the room, greeted by a standing ovation from the 2017 team.

“I’d guess there were 75 former players,” Few said. “That’s really a special deal that will last with you the rest of your life. We had an event a day or two before with their wives and families and people connected with us, and there were several hundred people.”

“That was really cool to see how many generations of Zags were there in one place,” Lloyd added. “Some of other groups were fighting to be relevant, and we were fighting for a national championship.”