Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: O.T. Dick Vitale radio interview goes really really bad

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,575

    Default O.T. Dick Vitale radio interview goes really really bad

    This is hysterical and well worth the listen, never seen people call him out like this to his face and I’ve never seen this side of him.

    http://1045espn.com/dick-vitale-on-otb-03-25-19/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    This is hysterical and well worth the listen, never seen people call him out like this to his face and I’ve never seen this side of him.

    http://1045espn.com/dick-vitale-on-otb-03-25-19/
    The cross talk is almost unbearable. I wouldn't call it hysterical in a funny sense and I agree with Dick, what was LSU to do? IMO it's likely we'll find out that Kansas and Arizona should have done the same.
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    The cross talk is almost unbearable. I wouldn't call it hysterical in a funny sense and I agree with Dick, what was LSU to do? IMO it's likely we'll find out that Kansas and Arizona should have done the same.
    Yep

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,036

    Default

    Just one of many articles on line re Zion's recruitment.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...blem-for-duke/
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy
    Posts
    3,287

    Default

    Some good stuff was said by both - but I surely could not listen very long. Too much cheating, lying, greedy behavior, etc. going on all around. Sad to hear it on college basketball. Reflects poorly on our society as a whole. $ in college sports has gotten too excessive. Same as $ in politics. At some point ...... breaking points are reached.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Greenville, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Boy Dickie couldn’t stand them bad mouthing his beloved Duke and UNC huh? The transcript I read about Will Wade never mentions a number, just says a great offer. How is that any more of a smoking gun than what they have on Bill Self and Sean Miller? Of course he’s a hypocrite.

    And this stuff about his buddy Rick Pitino not knowing about the prostitutes on visits, or Roy not knowing about his illiterate athletes taking fake classes shouldn’t matter. They’re the HEAD COACH! It’s their job to know. If one of the massage therapists in one of my chiropractic offices was giving happy endings without my knowledge, I would certainly still get hammered for it because I’m the owner. That’s how the world works. All this stuff is really turning me off of college sports. I hope and pray the Zags win it all this year because honestly they may be the country’s last hope to have a champion that did everything the right way.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Just one of many articles on line re Zion's recruitment.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...blem-for-duke/

    So so so dirty

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,100

    Default

    The NCAA, by dint of refusing to do anything about this until 'later', may cause the demise of Basketball, and March Madness, as we know it.

    How many N.C.'s will be vacated by the resulting investigation? How will Vegas and the professional sports betting facilities handle this? The TV networks? Will the facilities sue the NCAA to get back money paid out? That is far fetched, to be sure, but with the billions being made, to allow cheaters to continue to participate and take a large share of that money, they (the NCAA) are complicit, at the very least.

    I am not an attorney, but I did stay in a cheap motel next to a Holiday Inn a few years ago.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
    And this stuff about his buddy Rick Pitino not knowing about the prostitutes on visits, or Roy not knowing about his illiterate athletes taking fake classes shouldn’t matter. They’re the HEAD COACH! It’s their job to know. If one of the massage therapists in one of my chiropractic offices was giving happy endings without my knowledge, I would certainly still get hammered for it because I’m the owner. That’s how the world works. All this stuff is really turning me off of college sports. I hope and pray the Zags win it all this year because honestly they may be the country’s last hope to have a champion that did everything the right way.
    Exactly right. The NCAA even has a phrase for this: "Lack of institutional oversight"
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
    I hope and pray the Zags win it all this year because honestly they may be the country’s last hope to have a champion that did everything the right way.
    I hope and pray Gonzaga's recruits haven't received money from Nike.
    Bring back the OCC

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Greenville, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    I hope and pray Gonzaga's recruits haven't received money from Nike.
    Amen to that! If that’s the case I’ll never watch another college sport outside of baseball.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •