• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

Perspective going forward...

Just going to throw this out there.

I don't want any cupcakes for the Zags going forward. I want them to face every tough team they can. Why? Because I believe in them. I feel any night they can beat whatever team is in front of them. I wanted FSU.... I want Michigan after that... I want Duke/MSU after that and I want a damn rematch with Tennesse or UNC to win the damn title. I want the toughest path because WHEN they win it all, nobody can say they had an easy way to get there. I want them to vanquish old foes and create history.

Just my 2 cents.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death
  • bigblahla
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post

I don't want any cupcakes for the Zags going forward. I want them to face every tough team they can. Why? Because I believe in them. I feel any night they can beat whatever team is in front of them. I wanted FSU.... I want Michigan after that... I want Duke/MSU after that and I want a damn rematch with Tennesse or UNC to win the damn title. I want the toughest path because WHEN they win it all, nobody can say they had an easy way to get there. I want them to vanquish old foes and create history.

Just my 2 cents.
    Count me in on that ride LIZF.... we play our game, we beat everyone in front of us... time to take down the Noles...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• cggonzaga
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

I could care less who we play or what people think about it. Beat who’s in front of you and win the national championship!

Comment

• former1dog
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Just my 2 cents.
        #### YEAH!!! I'm all in LIZF!

Comment

• former1dog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

An unpublished quote from Mark Few. I overheard him saying it after the Baylor game when I was at Vivint Smart Home Arena for the game:

We choose to go to win the National Championship! We choose to go to win the National Championship...We choose to go to win the National Championship in this year and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too.

Comment

• GoZags
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
            An unpublished quote from Mark Few. I overheard him saying it after the Baylor game when I was at Vivint Smart Home Arena for the game:

.We choose to go to win the National Championship! We choose to go to win the National Championship...We choose to go to win the National Championship in this year and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too.
            Well, it's published now F1D .... in it's new and current form.
            sigpic
            “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
            ——-
            List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
            Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
              I'm sensing some plagiarism here...

Comment

• Zagceo
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2013

And especially because we get so much criticism for playing in a cupcake conference

I want to see us play all the best teams in the country.

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

Just my 2 cents.
                  Yeah, as long as we get to win, right?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

• GoZags
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                    I'm sensing some plagiarism here...
                    Nah .... but I CAN hear Fewie using his BEST Kennedy impression to deliver it ....

I'm just glad F1D was lurking to overhear this gem.

BTW from what I've been reading here .... the "original" was much easier to do than the Zags' task at hand.

sigpic
                    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                    ——-
                    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                      Nah .... but I CAN hear Fewie using his BEST Kennedy impression to deliver it ....

I'm just glad F1D was lurking to overhear this gem.

BTW from what I've been reading here .... the "original" was much easier to do than the Zags' task at hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z1DidldxUo
                      I don't know, GZ. There's more computing power in the Zags' video room than NASA had when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon.

It was my sophomore year at GU that engineering students began using HP handhelds for the first time, at a cost of $400 per.

Comment

• former1dog
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post

Indeed!!

Which is why the crisis hotline is so necessary in these trying times!

Comment

• CDC84
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

The thing about this west region, which I believe is the strongest of the 4 regions now, is that there will be no "upset" in the Michigan and Texas Tech game. Both squads are pretty much equal, and both really, really good. So if GU gets out of the west to go to the F4, they will have absolutely earned it. It's not until the F4 that Gonzaga could see a team that upset another opponent. Say if Virginia Tech beats Duke and MSU.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2013

I have said this since the bracket came out and it’s good timing because I thought about it again this morning. If the Zags do the following I don’t wanna hear another damn Zags hater EVER AGAIN

1. Beat florida state and get revenge
                            2. Defeat John Beiliens Michigan Wolverines
                            3. Best Duke full strength (the only team that has done it this season) AND DO IT TWICE
                            4. Beat UNC, or Kentucky for the national title
                            Last edited by gonzagafan62; 03-25-2019, 08:20 AM. Reason: Typos are bad
                            Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                              • Feb 2007

Go big or go home. I am in it for nothing more than the excitement and thrill of watching the Zags play big time games.
                              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Working...
                              X