Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GU vs Florida State (NCAA S16) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs Florida State (NCAA S16) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Rematch from last year. Do the Zags gift payback for last year? Or do the Seminoles take it to the Zags?

What are hoping to see? Expect to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it Boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I hope the zags win.

Fsu 81

Zags 74
    Love the zags for life

GU 76
    FSU 74

Go Zags!

Zags 78
    FSU. 66
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Zags 78
    FSU. 66
    That would be easier on the nerves and liver.

Zags 78
    FSU 71
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Don't get the lack of belief in the Zags.

Zags 75
    FSU 68
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Zags 80
    FSU 66

Too many turnovers, inability to hit the three hurt the seminoles big time
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Zags 77-72

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Zags 74

FSU - 71

Zags win a game a lot like WVU last time we went deep.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Zags - 79
    FSU - 72
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

85-79 Zags
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I feel we match up tremendously well vs Michigan or Texas Tech, so hope we get the opportunity.

Funny thing is, I'd rather face either Elite 8 opponent before our Sweet 16 opponent.

That said, all hands on deck or we go home. Simple as that.

I feel we can win, if we are firing on all cylinders, yet not sure Rui is mentally ready, nor Norvell locked in.

This game is the toughest matchup outside UNC for us.

Zags by 1 - 77 - 76.

Zags win a grinder.

67-60.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Funny thing is, I'd rather face either Elite 8 opponent before our Sweet 16 opponent. .
    Yeah, said the same in another thread. This feels like the E8 game, the ACC runner-up, only trouble is the "reward" for this one is either Michigan or TT, which thankfully ought to battle each other into oblivion, too.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

zags 75-67

Hate this match-up, especially after seeing how things played out last year. Their size, length, and athleticism is unlike anything we've seen all season, even Duke. I would rather be playing almost any other team in the field.

They have two true, elite rim protectors in Koumadje and Kabengele. As effective as Clarke is around the rim, there's no way he's not affected by a 7'4 shot blocker guarding him.

The guy I'm most worried about is Terrence Mann though. He terrorised us in the open court in last years game. I still don't think we have anybody who can stay in front of him; he's a real explosive and crafty finisher.

I think we have to have a really good three point shooting night to win this one. I'll say FSU by 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    As effective as Clarke is around the rim, there's no way he's not affected by a 7'4 shot blocker guarding him.

The guy I'm most worried about is Terrence Mann though. He terrorised us in the open court in last years game. I still don't think we have anybody who can stay in front of him; he's a real explosive and crafty finisher.
    Even Zion has been held in check by their 7'4" player.

Also, Mann sliced, diced, and tore us up last year, esp in transition. Mann had 18 & 5 vs us and made it look easy as pie, piece of cake.

Their best players vs us LAST season were Mann, Forrest (7 pts, 6 asts, 2 stls), Kabengele, Koumadje, Cofer, et al all return this year.

Whatever. They can't all be easy.

Zags - 78
    U of FS - 73
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Zags 79 - 70
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

Even Zion has been held in check by their 7'4" player.

Also, Mann sliced, diced, and tore us up last year, esp in transition. Mann had 18 & 5 vs us and made it look easy as pie, piece of cake.

Their best players vs us LAST season were Mann, Forrest (7 pts, 6 asts, 2 stls), Kabengele, Koumadje, Cofer, et al all return this year.
    Mann did that till we went to an extended 2-3 zone. Anytime we tried to mix it up back to M2M he burned us. Only thing he did was in transition and M2M. Expect another extended zone if we fall behind. He got a lot of transitions off of blocks one by Cofer and the other was a missed layup... he didn’t do much on set plays

And let me correct that by saying we went to extended 2-3 halfway through the first
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Mann did that till we went to an extended 2-3 zone. Anytime we tried to mix it up back to M2M he burned us. Only thing he did was in transition and M2M. Expect another extended zone if we fall behind. He got a lot of transitions off of blocks one by Cofer and the other was a missed layup... he didn’t do much on set plays

And let me correct that by saying we went to extended 2-3 halfway through the first
    love this concept, yet one of the announcers said we played zone less than 2% of all defensive possessions this season with this team.

no way we zone, even when we should.

saw us experiment with zone in Maui for a few possessions vs Duke, and that was a about it. Ironically, it probably won the game vs Duke, as it worked the few times we used it.

As long as we don't try to have a run and gun competition with them as we did last season in 1st half, I'd be pleased.

We were down nearly twenty before going half court and we came back within 5.

love this concept, yet one of the announcers said we played zone less than 2% of all defensive possessions this season with this team.

no way we zone, even when we should.

saw us experiment with zone in Maui for a few possessions vs Duke, and that was a about it. Ironically, it probably won the game vs Duke, as it worked the few times we used it.

As long as we don't try to have a run and gun competition with them as we did last season in 1st half, I'd be pleased.

We were down nearly twenty before going half court and we came back within 5.
    Correct. I’d just say don’t rule it out... may use it if we need it. I bet we do if Mann is tearing us up again.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

Read our stuff and sounds like we're the underdog. I would be just fine with the team feeling that way, too. Play harder, looser, go right at them.

The only way we beat a team like FSU is play loose, the opposite of last year.
    Mark Twain.