Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweet Sixteen for 5 years in a row!

What an incredible accomplishment... This is always great to be able to relax until next week (as a fan, not as a team member!) and hear all the press this team will get before the next game.

I'm really hoping this team takes last year's FSU loss to heart and really comes out with fire and passion and set things right!

Totally apples and oranges, but UConn women just advanced to the Sweet 16 for the 26th straight time. 26. That is just ridiculous. Zags are almost 1/5 of the way there!

I have always wondered how Geno would do if he coached mens basketball. No doubt about it, the best coach of a women's team. Pat Summit next.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    I have always wondered how Geno would do if he coached mens basketball. No doubt about it, the best coach of a women's team. Pat Summit next.
    He's in a race w/ Tara Vanderveer. He's been reeling her in, they are both going to catch Pat soon.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    He's in a race w/ Tara Vanderveer. He's been reeling her in, they are both going to catch Pat soon.
    True, but I sure miss Pat.

True, but I sure miss Pat.
    do not care

He was offered Quinnipiac several years ago and turned them down.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    He was offered Quinnipiac several years ago and turned them down.
    Quinnipiac? Who on earth would turn down one of the top programs in all of basketball for Quinnipiac?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Few have achieved this. Few achieved this.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Quinnipiac? Who on earth would turn down one of the top programs in all of basketball for Quinnipiac?
    Well he has only ever coached women’s basketball on the collegiate level as far as I know. So if he wanted to transition to men’s basketball he’s got to start somewhere, and he probably thought that he was too good for Quinnipiac. We will never know. And I guarantee you that any one of those Quinnipiac teams would have destroyed any of Genos UConn women’s teams.