Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD = NCAA TOURNEY, 2ND ROUND, SUNDAY, MARCH 24

Quote Originally Posted by sylean View Post
    absolutely a charge...

Nah, it was Zion, he fouls 2 guys on the way to the rim!!

x2
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Duke is so effin lucky
    It's not luck. For those who don't believe that games are fixed, especially Duke games, this is a prime example of it. I firmly believe that if it weren't for Koach getting a far cry more than his share of calls he wouldn't even have 600 wins.

If they box out, ucf most likely wins. If they make a dunk they most likely win. Its a easy out to blame the refs but they missed easy plays to win just as much.
    Love the zags for life

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    It's not luck. For those who don't believe that games are fixed, especially Duke games, this is a prime example of it. I firmly believe that if it weren't for Koach getting a far cry more than his share of calls he wouldn't even have 600 wins.

Zion pushed off on BJ Taylor, no call and then they get the missed rebound and score. Joke
    I replayed that several times, he extended his arm and that ref standing there watching would have called that a foul on almost anyone else. Crap like that makes me sick.

I h*te Duke.

that easy alley oop miss was a 5 pt turnaround. After they missed the open dunk, RJ Barrett knocked down the 3pt shot to get within 1 pt, when they would have been down by 6 IF that dunk is converted.

Liberty's center looks like he is wearing a wrestling singlet.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Those 2 no call charges on Zion.....come on.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    that easy alley oop miss was a 5 pt turnaround. After they missed the open dunk, RJ Barrett knocked down the 3pt shot to get within 1 pt, when they would have been down by 6 IF that dunk is converted.
    Or if they just threw a bounce pass to lay it in...

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Or if they just threw a bounce pass to lay it in...
    yep. 2 on 1 must be converted every time, at every level.

reminded me of Clarke's pass to Tillie....way too fast and high.

UCF was up 4 with 40 seconds to go, instead they went up 1 after they missed then gave up an open 3 as a result of having 2 guys.

Who will win between Michigan and TTU? Buffalo hasn’t scored a FG in over an hour of real time per the announcers.

More egregious was the push off by Barrett to rebound that missed free throw. The UCF dude’ trajectory indicates he was sent flying. Of course no replay to show it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching these games, you always hear about one player going 5-8 3pt, or 4-5 3pt, or 6-10 3pt, etc. UCF, Liberty, Iowa, the list goes on. Every team has one guy.

Who can do that for us this year?

Kispert had his best shooting night of the year last night, but for the most part, no one can really be counted on from 3pt this year.

Tillie, yet doesn't shoot 3's in the biggest games for some reason. At least he hasn't the past 3 seasons.

He makes 3's vs random opponents, semi final games, yet rarely when it counts the most.

We need one guy who can KNOCK IT DOWN. Used to be Norvell but he's lost something and its palpable.

Is it Kispert? Is he our hope?

No justice in this world; none
    we agree on this one spy, nice to say that

Tacko Fail. He has to remain vertical 100% of the time. Doesn't do it enough. Did it earlier in the 2nd half on a Zion drive, and Zion just fell the floor. How often do you see that??

Zion's wallet just got fatter. The myth just keeps getting bigger. It's gotten to the point where the ESPN score scroll bar at the bottom doesn't even refer to him as Zion Williamson. He's just ZION. Just like LeBron or Pele. If you do not think college basketball has helped that kid's wallet, whether it is right or not, you're crazy. $150+ million more in endorsements alone for just a few months of college ball. He wasn't even thought of as the best player in his own class. That was RJ. It's why I was so surprised that Silver caved in so easily on the age limit from a purely business standpoint. This kid, like him or hate him, would just be a name on a clipboard to 98% of all American citizens. More people watch this tourney than most NBA playoff games.

It's also a crazy ending like this that can propel a team like Duke to greater heights. They might just blow everyone else out the rest of the tournament. Somehow survival wins empower teams.

All it's going to be is Duke, Duke, Duke and Zion, Zion, Zion, and I am gonna hate it. So many other kids in this tournament deserve recognition besides just him and his team.

Prediction: duke wins their next game by thirty as half the opposing team fouls out.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ777 View Post
    Who will win between Michigan and TTU? Buffalo hasn’t scored a FG in over an hour of real time per the announcers.
    Texas Tech defense is spectacular, has been all season. Their offense is very inconsistent, so-so. Much like Michigan. They are clones of each other.

Its why I think we match up well. A good enough offense to out score them and a defense to keep them in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    If they box out, ucf most likely wins. If they make a dunk they most likely win. Its a easy out to blame the refs but they missed easy plays to win just as much.
    needed to make those to overcome the multiple extra chances taken from them and given to Duke, true. can't miss when the other guys are getting extra fouls and you are not

Texas Tech defense is spectacular, has been all season. Their offense is very inconsistent, so-so. Much like Michigan. They are clones of each other.

Its why I think we match up well. A good enough offense to out score them and a defense to keep them in check.
    Sounds good, if the guys can get by FSU.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ777 View Post
    Sounds good, if the guys can get be FSU.
    that's the problem.

would have been disappointed if Duke hadn't have received all the help they need to be Duke hahaha

I would never want to be a part of that. overcome that even once and it's more than they'll ever understand

Why didn't we hear from Gene Steratore on Zion's last shot and the subsequent rebound? Zion pushed off on the drive and I thought it should have just been a "play on" after Zion's shot went it. Pretty amazing that the UCF players wound up under the basket and totally out of rebounding position on the missed free throw.

That said, missing that 2 on 1 to take a 6 pt lead was huge

Texas Tech and Michigan have superior defenses to Virginia because they have better athletes and better shot blocking ability to go along with X's and O's and skills. Both teams do struggle to score at times (Tech even more so), but both at least have a game changing offensive player who can earn you a bucket against a tough defense in a tight game. Culver especially, who some project as a lottery pick.

By the way Gonzaga is still the ONLY team in the nation to beat Duke at full strength