Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD = NCAA TOURNEY, 2ND ROUND, SATURDAY, MARCH 23

Something to keep in mind for your bracket (if anything else):

FSU finished at #16 in the NET. Buffalo and Wofford finished higher. They also have an offense that ranks at #28 nationally in adjusted efficiency. This is probably why 98% of all analysts wouldn't view them as a national title contender. Unless you are an outlier like the UConn team that won the title under Ollie, that offense usually needs to be in the top 10. Also, despite all their height and everything, they don't have a 2019 NBA draft pick at two of the three projected mocks I've seen, and Terance Mann was projected to be the 2nd to last pick by that one site. Same for 2020. There may not be a more important factor to winning it all than having NBA talent. Gonzaga has them beat big time in this area. I think there are legit gripes about why FSU was NOT given a 3, but they do not have the makeup of teams who typically win it all. Making the final four is a whole lot different than winning six in a row in a field like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Something to keep in mind for your bracket (if anything else):

FSU finished at #16 in the NET. Buffalo and Wofford finished higher. They also have an offense that ranks at #28 nationally in adjusted efficiency. This is probably why 98% of all analysts wouldn't view them as a national title contender. Unless you are an outlier like the UConn team that won the title under Ollie, that offense usually needs to be in the top 10. Also, despite all their height and everything, they don't have a 2019 NBA draft pick at two of the three projected mocks I've seen, and Terance Mann was projected to be the 2nd to last pick by that one site. Same for 2020. There may not be a more important factor to winning it all than having NBA talent. Gonzaga has them beat big time in this area. I think there are legit gripes about why FSU was NOT given a 3, but they do not have the makeup of teams who typically win it all. Making the final four is a whole lot different than winning six in a row in a field like this.
    Kab will be a lottery pick. March madness makes players first round picks, see DeVincenzo last year, and our very own Zach the year before.