Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Baylor (NCAA R2) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs Baylor (NCAA R2) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Seemed like many had this penciled in as Zags vs Cuse... nope. Do the Zags continue their domination of opponents? Or does Baylor staff hot from 3 and upset the Zags? Who will be Sweet 16 bound?

What are hoping to see? Expecting to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

85-70 Zags
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Tillie with the same stat line that he had tonight

They can’t shoot that well from deep again can they?

82-63 us

I wanted Baylor, but they can't keep hitting threes like that, can they?

Zags - 88
    U of Baylor - 71
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Baylor is very good at offensive rebounds. #4 in ORB rate and #8 in ORB/gm. Also #4 in denying opponent offensive rebounds. We sometimes struggle against teams that rebound like crazy historically. I'm worried more about their second scoring chances than them going off from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Baylor is very good at offensive rebounds. #4 in ORB rate and #8 in ORB/gm. Also #4 in denying opponent offensive rebounds. We sometimes struggle against teams that rebound like crazy historically. I'm worried more about their second scoring chances than them going off from 3.
    This. I still think the Zags grab the W.

Us 84
    Them 70

Baylor has 2 good outside shooters Perimeter defense.!

Zags 89-69

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Too true.

We have up 22 off rebs vs Duke, 16 off rebs vs UNC, 14 off rebs vs Tennessee.

UNC scored 30+ pts off 2nd chance pts.

Its been a problem.

Baylor is up there with UNC level rebounding.

Its going to be up to our BIG 3 down low.

I thought Rui did better on the boards tonight yet he is facing serious muscle in Baylor. Their guys are thick, strong, & mean.

Wait a minute. Lets get real. We are fully loaded and have a healthy Tillie hitting on all cylinders. Anything is possible now and we are definitely the Favorite and I say we win by between 15 and 20. Watch out too. Wofford can beat FSU.

kenpom says Zags 81-69.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sheps001 View Post
    Wait a minute. Lets get real. We are fully loaded and have a healthy Tillie hitting on all cylinders. Anything is possible now and we are definitely the Favorite and I say we win by between 15 and 20. Watch out too. Wofford can beat FSU.
    Wofford plays Kentucky. You’re thinking of Murray State and Ja Morant

Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    Tillie with the same stat line that he had tonight
    - if so I think a victory is a cinch.

At the Baylor presser after the game, Baylor coach said he green lighted them to shoot as many 3's as they wanted but I doubt they can shoot that hot again. Mason is a solid point guard for them and was really at factor at both ends on the floor. If he plays like that again and he is a senior also, he could give Josh some trouble. Their guys are built solid and are athletic

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    They can’t shoot that well from deep again can they?
    - highly doubtful. that was the most 3 pt baskets made all year. plus they shot 50% and on the year shoot 35%
    - I like to play a team that just had a great, above average 3 point shooting game, seems they usually come back down to average. awfully hard to put up best 3 pt shooting efforts back to back.

Both Baylor and Syracuse looked winded in the second half. If we rebound and run ‘em, we beat ‘em. Their guard, Mason is hobbled as well.

Zags 87
    Bears 78
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezag View Post
    At the Baylor presser after the game, Baylor coach said he green lighted them to shoot as many 3's as they wanted but I doubt they can shoot that hot again. Mason is a solid point guard for them and was really at factor at both ends on the floor. If he plays like that again and he is a senior also, he could give Josh some trouble
    - mason has bum toe or something, he was not the same player in the second half. his mobility and cuts were not there. his is a gamer however.
    - I hope to see rui can shot after shot after shot from his favorite spot on the floor. free throw elbow, and then drive past his defender for layin after layin.

- sooooo happy to see Baylor next. 4-0 against them.

- common opponents, they opened their season with a loss against texas southern, the beat Arizona by 9.
    - fdu who we whipped, beat prairie valley, as did Baylor, but only by 11.

- go zags.

NobodyNobody wants the Zags...not even Baylor....Zags grab the lead and keep it...87...74.

I wanted Baylor not Cuse, and am happy. Short of them having another historic night from 3 and/or out-rebounding us like crazy I think we handle this nicely. I'm rooting hard for Murray State too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    I wanted Baylor not Cuse, and am happy. Short of them having another historic night from 3 and/or out-rebounding us like crazy I think we handle this nicely. I'm rooting hard for Murray State too!
    That Ja Morant kid is a stud. I think after watching both games today, they could take FSU if he plays like that again. Was fun to watch.
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

That 'Cuse zone had me a little worried... But I think Baylor is a better offensive team and better athletes. We have to control the boards to win this one:

GU 84
    Baylor 70

I was on the fence with who I'd rather play after watching the whole game, both teams had certain strengths. We've always seemed to struggle against a zone, let alone a Syracuse zone. If shots are not falling then we would get wiped. Baylor had a phenomenal shooting performance and I dont expect that against us. With that said, they are the more balanced team and have a stud floor general. Zags have all the pieces to dismantle this Baylor team but we need the A game for 40 minutes.
    America's Team!

Bulldogs by 14 going away.

How do I know that? In the immortal words of George Michael: Because I've gotta have faith, faith, faith.

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.