X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitzbuel
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
    Bowser, i feel like a parent talking down to child when I address your comments. The "Steelhead" was in Wishram, we never had much at Winlock. You are probably getting that confused with the night we got drunk and tried to steal the Giant Egg statue. There was a report that "The Steelhead" was in Greg Heister's basement rumpus room neatly displayed on a shelf alongside his retired hairpieces and right next to his collection of Tenkara rods.

The last codpiece I saw was the "RazzPutin" which as you should know, was an extra extra small. Don't you remember? before his little dustup, Mannafort was going to deliver it to his Ukrainian buddy so it could be "discovered" and hopefully be the cause of some embarrassment. I don't think those "contractor spies" ever did pay us for it and it was last seen in Gotebo OK.

Zags are pretty good.
    I had to find a picture of Gotebo since I am unfamiliar with that locale. This is what I found.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• GoZags
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sittingon50 View Post
      Took me awhile to get thru this thread last night. Tears.
      You’re missing Jane too, I see.
      sigpic
      “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
      ——-
      List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
      Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Birddog
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
        I had to find a picture of Gotebo since I am unfamiliar with that locale. This is what I found.

Yep, the old OK SnapCo factory is showing it's age and neglect. At one time after closing Bowser was working on a scheme to convert it to "interval ownership" dwelling units.
        Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
        Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
        All mimsy were the borogoves,
        And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
          I believe surfmonkey wrote that masterpiece.
          Must give credit where credit is due. Sorry surfmonkey. That masterpiece should have been copywritten.

This is what happens when you disapper bowser. You start getting credited for masterful achievements that you didn't even achieve

Comment

• surfmonkey89
            Not Roy Orbison
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
            Must give credit where credit is due. Sorry surfmonkey. That masterpiece should have been copywritten.

This is what happens when you disapper bowser. You start getting credited for masterful achievements that you didn't even achieve
            Last I heard from Bowser he was trying to dig up a paper copy of that post I think? Perhaps Jane has it in a scrapbook.

Comment

• tummydoc
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2013

Can a mod move this to the foo?

Comment

• Akzag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Welcome, thread, to the Island of Misfit Toys
                So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2009

He’s been spreading conspiracy theories that Gonzaga is a real university and that it is located somewhere in Washington State. It’s unreal that people fall for things like that.
                  “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Akzag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist ... " ... and the Gonzaga defeated him for the National Championship
                    So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• Bowser
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Feb 2007

I am killing Bowser today. I really see no point. I have posted nonsense on this Board and its' 3 or 4 predecessors for, Jesus, I think it's been over 20 years.

I am actually a pretty quiet guy, moderate drinker, good driver and loyal husband and father, know nothing about extradition treaties, never had a hot oil message and avoid hot tubs for sanitary reasons . . . pretty much the opposite of "Bowser".

Have had a lot of fun over the years but that has changed. I don't get much of a charge out of being the GUB version of Al Czervik. Some of you are good friends and always will be . . . even though there are a number of you good friends whom I've never met in person. I appreciate those of you who seem to have actual basketball knowledge. I sure as hell don't. I have the distinct feeling some of you "are really not that into me." I got no problem with that. To each his, her or whatever own. That's your deal.

No matter. I wish you all well. Even the pearl clutchers and window lickers.

Because there is at least one thing on which we all agree: Go Zags.

Your Pal, Bowser

PS: In the unlikely event I actually find my paper print out of Surfmonkey's classic "How to Make a Burrito", I will send it to one of you dweebs so you can post it for old time's sake.

Comment

• RenoZag
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bowser View Post
                        I am killing Bowser today. I really see no point. I have posted nonsense on this Board and its' 3 or 4 predecessors for, Jesus, I think it's been over 20 years.

I am actually a pretty quiet guy, moderate drinker, good driver and loyal husband and father, know nothing about extradition treaties, never had a hot oil message and avoid hot tubs for sanitary reasons . . . pretty much the opposite of "Bowser".

Have had a lot of fun over the years but that has changed. I don't get much of a charge out of being the GUB version of Al Czervik. Some of you are good friends and always will be . . . even though there are a number of you good friends whom I've never met in person. I appreciate those of you who seem to have actual basketball knowledge. I sure as hell don't. I have the distinct feeling some of you "are really not that into me." I got no problem with that. To each his, her or whatever own. That's your deal.

Your Pal, Bowser

PS: In the unlikely event I actually find my paper print out of Surfmonkey's classic "How to Make a Burrito", I will send it to one of you dweebs so you can post it for old time's sake.
                        Don't know why this thread was moved to The Foo. . .it clearly belongs elsewhere
                        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• kitzbuel
                          • Feb 2007

Your Pal, Bowser

Well, the humor is always much appreciated in my corner. It reminds me of the roots of our whole run and the family like nature of the relationship between us fans and our team. I still get joy out of our wins and am ever eager to find quirkinesses and levity while doing so. The only thing I would add is that, if true, I wish Bowser was around at least another year so I could get in on the Deadpool action.
                          'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                          - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Birddog
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Your Pal, Bowser

Somewhere in the PNW in an assisted living center Jane Austen is peeing in her depends. She is no doubt remembering and thinking about the Bowser that used to throw empty beer bottles at his back fence. As somebody famous once said "I'm gonna miss me when I'm gone". RIP my friend.
                            Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                            All mimsy were the borogoves,
                            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Working...
                            X