Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Crisis Hot Line: 1-800-HELP ME (get some perspective) #SyracuseZoneIsHard

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,735

    Default Crisis Hot Line: 1-800-HELP ME (get some perspective) #SyracuseZoneIsHard

    I thought I better post the crisis hotline for all the folks here who are so very depressed and fearful that our #1 seeded Gonzaga Basketball team may actually have to play a team that could potentially beat them or worse, we could look bad winning!!

    "Oh no, our field goal percentage was rubbish and we only scored 83 points in our 15 point victory versus our average of 92 points!! We're dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo omed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    I thought I better post the crisis hotline for all the folks here who are so very depressed and fearful that our #1 seeded Gonzaga Basketball team may actually have to play a team that could potentially beat them or worse, we could look bad winning!!

    "Oh no, our field goal percentage was rubbish and we only scored 83 points in our 15 point victory versus our average of 92 points!! We're dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo omed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Does this hotline work for fears against FSU also? Asking for a friend.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Does this hotline work for fears against FSU also? Asking for a friend.
    All of the above my friend! #FDUisSoooooGoood #FSUHasAllTheTallPeople #TexasTechConsumesSmallChildren #DukeHadaHangnailWhenWeBeatThem #ETC

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,300

    Default

    Do the boys get to go to the games ???

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,601

    Default

    This is me after I saw our bracket announcement.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,601

    Default Mark Few has to face the Syracuse zone!


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,601

    Default


  8. #8

    Default

    Frank Howard for Syracuse has been suspended indefinitely. He scored over 20pts a game in the ACC Tourney.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexanMark View Post
    Frank Howard for Syracuse has been suspended indefinitely. He scored over 20pts a game in the ACC Tourney.
    but played horribly the rest of the season. he shoots 34% FG, not from 3pt, that is overall. also, turns it over a ton. he didn't play early in the season and his back-ups played just as well. a couple talented freshman guards. Tyus Battle played more lead PG with Frank Howard out, and their offense operated more smoothly.

    that said, he was a hound defensively. He ran the top of that zone better than Jalen, young Boeheim, or even Tyus Battle.

    It hurts them defensively but might actually help them offensively. He scored a ton of points as he had no choice with Tyus battle (18 ppg) out of ACC Tourney with injury.

    The entire Syracuse board views this as a net positive for the team -- on and off the court. Some are suggesting he might return by Round of 32, but some say no way.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    104

    Default



    #bestthread
    #thanksrobo
    #ireallydontknowhowtohashtag


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,326

    Default

    Something that Gonzaga fans MUST remember is that Few constructed a game plan in 2016 with a much worse Zag team at his disposal against a similarly seeded Syracuse team that was FINE vs. the zone. The SU zone is not a puzzle that cannot be solved. The only reason reason Gonzaga lost that game was due to their inability to handle 'Cuse's pressing at the end of the game, some missed foul shots, and a horrific officiating error that was so bad that Few received a formal apology from the NCAA.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,213

    Default

    This thread was good for my daily laught but unfortunately some “fans” do fit this need
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Something that Gonzaga fans MUST remember is that Few constructed a game plan in 2016 with a much worse Zag team at his disposal against a similarly seeded Syracuse team that was FINE vs. the zone. The SU zone is not a puzzle that cannot be solved. The only reason reason Gonzaga lost that game was due to their inability to handle 'Cuse's pressing at the end of the game, some missed foul shots, and a horrific officiating error that was so bad that Few received a formal apology from the NCAA.
    Please! Don't try to stop the panic with facts. It just won't work!
    It's not funny.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,964

    Default


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Something that Gonzaga fans MUST remember is that Few constructed a game plan in 2016 with a much worse Zag team at his disposal against a similarly seeded Syracuse team that was FINE vs. the zone. The SU zone is not a puzzle that cannot be solved. The only reason reason Gonzaga lost that game was due to their inability to handle 'Cuse's pressing at the end of the game, some missed foul shots, and a horrific officiating error that was so bad that Few received a formal apology from the NCAA.
    Kyle Wiltjer's 4-5 3pt in the 1st half helped our "game plan" tremendously, and 3 of those shots were 5' past the 3pt line and 'out of sync'.

    I will never forget the announces ooing and awing at how deep Wiltjer's 3's were and at random times.

    Once they face-guarded Kyle, Sabonis went to work on the offensive glass and getting muscle put backs.

    After re-watching the game, we should have won the game. A 9 or 10 pt lead with 5-6 minutes remaining, yet it was apparent we still 'struggled' with their zone. If not for Wiltjers insanely DEEP 3's, and some were at end of shot clock, and Sabonis beast-mode, we might have struggled to put up 50 pts.

    So, we need someone to go off from 3pt and for Clarke to go beast-mode on the glass much like Sabonis to have a chance. Syracuse has more offensive weapons this year than they did a few yrs ago, yet the top part of their zone isn't as strong with Jalen, Tyus, and younger Boeheim. Their middle of the zone might be better, as their 2 forwards and 7'2" Center are intimidating.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy (20 mi N of GU)
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Baylor = Bayer
    They’ll cure the Cuse.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    Kyle Wiltjer's 4-5 3pt in the 1st half helped our "game plan" tremendously, and 3 of those shots were 5' past the 3pt line and 'out of sync'.

    I will never forget the announces ooing and awing at how deep Wiltjer's 3's were and at random times.

    Once they face-guarded Kyle, Sabonis went to work on the offensive glass and getting muscle put backs.

    After re-watching the game, we should have won the game. A 9 or 10 pt lead with 5-6 minutes remaining, yet it was apparent we still 'struggled' with their zone. If not for Wiltjers insanely DEEP 3's, and some were at end of shot clock, and Sabonis beast-mode, we might have struggled to put up 50 pts.

    So, we need someone to go off from 3pt and for Clarke to go beast-mode on the glass much like Sabonis to have a chance. Syracuse has more offensive weapons this year than they did a few yrs ago, yet the top part of their zone isn't as strong with Jalen, Tyus, and younger Boeheim. Their middle of the zone might be better, as their 2 forwards and 7'2" Center are intimidating.
    Exactly. Syracuse was a double digit seed that year too. I don't understand the mocking of those of us that admit it's a bad matchup for us, and that Few's teams have always struggled with the Syracuse zone. I still think we're more likely to win, but it's less certain than the rainbow & unicorn crowd would have us believe.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagricultural View Post
    Exactly. Syracuse was a double digit seed that year too. I don't understand the mocking of those of us that admit it's a bad matchup for us, and that Few's teams have always struggled with the Syracuse zone. I still think we're more likely to win, but it's less certain than the rainbow & unicorn crowd would have us believe.
    I doubt if people are mocking you. From what I've read, I think people are just trying to help you understand that the Zags are really good and that there's no reason today to worry about Syracuse. I think we want you to feel good about THIS game today with FDU. Syracuse may lose to Baylor tonight. My advice: Live in TODAY and try to enjoy it. Enjoy the game tonight. If both Syracuse and us win today, I'll come back and talk about why I think the Zags will beat Syracuse.

    Go Zags!!!

    Go Zags!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,527

    Default

    Filling out brackets today and shocked at some of these 3 seeds pathways. Look at the right side of the bracket, the 3 seeds have much easier pathways, including some of the 4 seeds. I'd choose their pathway over our pathway.

    Its interesting...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,735

    Default

    Just a thought.

    Tonight, either Syracuse or Baylor will be losing their 14th game of the season! If its Baylor, it will be their 5th loss in a row. If its Syracuse, it will be the 7th loss in the last 10 games.

    I don't know about you guys, but that doesn't inspire fear in me.

    Go Zags!!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10,400

    Default

    I forgot to panic before the game started today. It's only halfway there, but I think they probably got this. I mean only up 53-17 at the half, but they can probably hang on.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Just a thought.

    Tonight, either Syracuse or Baylor will be losing their 14th game of the season! If its Baylor, it will be their 5th loss in a row. If its Syracuse, it will be the 7th loss in the last 10 games.

    I don't know about you guys, but that doesn't inspire fear in me.

    Go Zags!!
    Me neither.

    Hey, we are better than most teams, but it's the gimmick/unique stuff, like full time zone defense which scares me.

    We seemed a bit out of sorts vs the zone tonight. Sure we still converted buckets but didn't play with conviction when they zoned.

    Baylor, and esp Cuse zones are best in the game.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,433

    Default

    Do the Zags want to face Syracuse vaunted zone 'D', or the team that just beat them?
    It's not funny.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I forgot to panic before the game started today. It's only halfway there, but I think they probably got this. I mean only up 53-17 at the half, but they can probably hang on.
    I liked seeing the bench at about the 6 minute mark.

    Get those guys some game time and experience.

    PLUS a calling off the dogs.
    It's not funny.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,735

    Default

    Bumped for the Sweet 16. Apparently Gonzaga got screwed by the committee because now we actually have to play a really good team!! Oh the humanity!

    Grief counselors are now available at the hotline.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •