Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holy #### Balls, the MBB is about as encouraging as a walking through a cemetery

Default Holy #### Balls, the MBB is about as encouraging as a walking through a cemetery

Good God! What the #### is wrong with everyone.

Our team just won 30 games, again. We have at least one first team All American. We beat Duke in the regular season and the NCAA committee appropriately awarded them a #1 seed.

All I see though is a bunch of #####ing, moaning and gnashing of teeth about how this that or the other team is going to steal our lunch and punch us in the nuts!

Should we set up a crisis hotline?

Okay, I am bumping this thread for the posters on the MBB who have Holy Hairy Balls!

and are having problems shaving those hairy balls.

Not sure I want to visit the MBB after reading the OP. . .I did get the shingles vaccine recently. Will that protect me ?

Truly, if over thar is sanity ...

then I belong here.

If not, I am still here.
    So many brackets, so little time.

Seriously, I don't think there is a bottom of the well of the sense of entitlement in the MBB crowd. It boggles my ####ing mind what people will find to complain about. Good God!

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Seriously, I don't think there is a bottom of the well of the sense of entitlement in the MBB crowd. It boggles my ####ing mind what people will find to complain about. Good God!
    I just went through a thread full of people #####ing about FSU. I can't go any further.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Halftime. We're up. And I still feel like sh*t. If I've watched soooo many sporting events, why am I so bad at it?

My Apple Watch keeps warning me that there's something wrong.

This is from the Duke game at the start of the year. Got the same message against Baylor... expecting it again today lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kdaleb View Post
    Halftime. We're up. And I still feel like sh*t. If I've watched soooo many sporting events, why am I so bad at it?

My Apple Watch keeps warning me that there's something wrong.

This is from the Duke game at the start of the year. Got the same message against Baylor... expecting it again today lol.

Why do people buy these judgement watches?!
    "While you appeared to be inactive"...
    *Switches to snacking with left hand*
    fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Why do people buy these judgement watches?!
    "While you appeared to be inactive"...
    *Switches to snacking with left hand*
    fixed it
    lol

I got the watch so I could start and pause my podcasts or music without digging out my phone - very handy when I am working. The judgement functions are just a bonus.

The MBB is akin to a Congressional committee : lots of noise and little substance

It’s the new Bandwidth Wasteland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    The MBB is akin to a Congressional committee : lots of noise and little substance

Yup. I don’t pay attention to half of em lol. Great class and “we won’t make tournament” and Norvell and Tillie “mad bad decisions” pretty pathetic showing tbh
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post

But without the humor.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    But without the humor.
    it's sad how much it's deteriorated in the past 4 years or so. The discussions always veer into weird pissing matches, the few informative posts get eaten up by BS posts that have nothing to do with the OP, and all the good posters seem to have gone.

But at least it's taco tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    But at least it's taco tuesday
    The Taco Burger is back at Taco Time.

People are acting like fools over there. Sorry, but acting like fools is the FOO's domain. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. Oh no. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    People are acting like fools over there. Sorry, but acting like fools is the FOO's domain. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. Oh no. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

LOL....

Nice Animal House reference LIZF.

Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Nice Animal House reference LIZF.

Nothing is over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    You beat me to it! I looked up that scene on YouTube but then fell down the rabbit hole and started watching other scenes
    https://youtu.be/V8lT1o0sDwI

Let's guess what the #### means in F1D's title!

I am guessing it is not hair.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Now they're ruining the Whelphing Box. ####!!!

And you are shocked, why? What I find funny is how it is I who gets taken to task when I make comments about Jazz. It instantly turns into no free speech... blah... blah... blah. These guys are really killing the board.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I think all y'all are just extremely spoiled.

The fact is, the MBB is one of the most sensitive, thoughtful, and respectful fan boards one is going to find on the vast tubes de' net.

Y'all really ought to get out more, see some real fan boards, I'm talking SEC football fan boards, where Nick Saban knows nothing about football bc he lost to Clemson last year, THAT type of fanboard.

Are there stupid posts?

Of course.

But, I submit to you, that pound for pound, I would put our board up against anyone's, in terms of thoughtful stuff, level-headed analysis, etc.

Not that it can't be better, and I think it is well-moderated to push it in a better direction. But, seems to me that things are just fine.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I think all y'all are just extremely spoiled.

The fact is, the MBB is one of the most sensitive, thoughtful, and respectful fan boards one is going to find on the vast tubes de' net.

Y'all really ought to get out more, see some real fan boards, I'm talking SEC football fan boards, where Nick Saban knows nothing about football bc he lost to Clemson last year, THAT type of fanboard.

Are there stupid posts?

Of course.

But, I submit to you, that pound for pound, I would put our board up against anyone's, in terms of thoughtful stuff, level-headed analysis, etc.

Not that it can't be better, and I think it is well-moderated to push it in a better direction. But, seems to me that things are just fine.
    well stated Dixie