Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Fairleigh Dickinson (NCAA R1) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs Fairleigh Dickinson (NCAA R1) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Fairlegh Dickinson... Is this a cakewalk for the Zags or do the Knights make it interesting and get upset minded?

What are you hoping to see? Expecting to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Zags 91
    FDU 65

109-61

I want to see Clarke playing shutdown defense. I want to see the Guards PASSING THE FRIGGIN BALL instead of shooting it. We need to return to form and Perkins the scoring machine isn't a thing we need. 7 assists, 6 points 1 TO is a great night for him.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

FD seem like a real "team" on paper (wasn't able to watch the game today).

6 players playing 25 + minutes per game, 5 averaging over 10+ ppg / 3+ RPG and almost 1 SPG each.

Obviously Edge is the key, he can get hot and hit from NBA range, the two guards will need to be harassed.

They are not that deep either so could be in tough if any of the 6 get into foul trouble.

In saying that they have not played a team as strong defensively as the Zags and wouldn't come across a team as efficient as the Zags on offence either

Rui and Clark to see plenty of high low action with dunks and get Zack back on track. Would like to see Tillie get more reps so he is in the groove for the rest of the tournament.

Zags 100
    FD 60
    Last edited by OZZY; 03-19-2019 at 09:33 PM.

I expect them to wear FDU out down low. I also think we will get a lot of turnovers leading to transition buckets. In other words I expect a blowout.

Watched most of the FD game. Some hot shooting but the D by both teams wasn’t that good. I doubt FD will hold up well against the Zags D. If the Zags control the ball well (low turnovers) I think they’ll score at least 20 more than FD. My guess is the Zags will be well ahead with 10 mins left. FD’s got grit so they’ll battle the full game and possibly narrow the score as we clear the bench. I think our guys lead by 30+ at some point in the game due to some hot 3 point shooting and spiffy Alley-Oops

Zags 90
    FD 65

Zags - 93
    FDU - 67
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Zags will start out tight but team d will prevail. Snacks will get it going along with Rui and Clarke. 93-71 Zags .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Zags 95-58

What I hope to see is a highly-motivated, focused team, playing with the desire to redeem themselves for last week's performances. They need come in with the killer instinct that they showed throughout most of the regular season and coast to an easy victory.

Zags - 102
    U of FD - 66
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Zags 81
    FDU 64

Go Zags!

Zags 93
    Knights 68
    Keeping real estate real in the Wenatchee Valley since 1991.

96-60 Zags
    It's not funny.

Zags 92-64

Go!! Zags!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

84-62

Clarke will have 5+ blocks and frustrate the hell out of Holloway. Holloway will have less than 10 points if BC stays out of foul trouble. Rui will be leading scorer with 25. Guards will have a tough game on D, possible foul trouble for Perks. ZN will get a ton of driving buckets. Crandall will hold Edge under 20. Rebounding will be an issue.

The Zags need to win the boards - and win it big.

GU 87
    FD 76
    Last edited by CdAZagFan; 03-20-2019 at 08:50 PM.

GU 102
    FD 62

Zags by 25. My guess, Zags 92. The other team, 67.

FDU sits below Santa Clara and just above Pacific on the KenPom AdjEM list (#208). The additional travel, elevation, and time zone issues don't help their cause either. No injuries to either side, please.

I hope to see a Gonzaga squad come out and act like a number one seed from the opening tip. That means getting these guys down big as quickly as possible. If the Zags are not up by 20+ at the half and up 28 by around the 13 minute point in the 2nd half, I will have major concerns going into Saturday. It will be a sign that the team has not recovered from the SMC loss. Keep in mind.....Fairleigh Dickinson has to travel something like 1,700 miles to get to Salt Lake City from Dayton. I actually feel sorry for them. It's inexcusable for the committee to not place them in Des Moines, Columbus or some city closer than SLC. Gonzaga needs to rest guys, get back to the hotel, and start getting prepared for the next team. I hope to God it doesn't occur, but if Syracuse wins, there is a possibility that the stupid CBS folks will make the GU/'Cuse game a 9:15am PT tip to the entire nation. They could also give them a 11:45am tip to the whole nation. In other words, it could be a mighty quick turnaround, and that's tough when preparing for two teams who are known for their zone defenses.

Fairleigh Dickinson has some nice size, athleticism and length. That being said, they are one of the absolute worst defensive teams in division 1 ball.....they rank at #294 in defensive efficiency at kenpom.com. Portland had a better defense this year. Their offense is better, but still at a woeful #129.

I looked at their schedule. They (smartly) didn't play many BCS teams in non-con play. Rutgers beat them by 35 at Rutgers. They did better at Providence (lost by 10). Holy Cross beat them by 18. They basically pretty much meet the standard for a 16 seed.

Zags 92

Fdu 68
    Love the zags for life

Fairleigh Dickinson ranks #5 in 3 point shooting, with 41% ( 3 - M 254 3 - A 629 )

Gonzaga 89

Fairleigh Dickinson 68

Zags 84
    FDU 76

I was impressed by their size and athleticism inside, the ability the guards have to score and control tempo, and their ability to overcome first game jitters and an opponent that couldn’t miss a shot in the first half.

If the Zags play defense and return to the offensive game we've had most of the season, ZAGS win by 30.