Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GU vs Fairleigh Dickinson (NCAA R1) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Zags 90
    FDU - 63

Game wont even be that close. Zags put in subs and let starters rest mid way through second half.

Tillie raining down the threes.

GO ZAGS
    Have to laugh. One of the few things I have issues with Coach is that he plays his key players long after the game is in hand. One of these games an injury is going to occur when one of the rotation players is in the game unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Have to laugh. One of the few things I have issues with Coach is that he plays his key players long after the game is in hand. One of these games an injury is going to occur when one of the rotation players is in the game unnecessarily.
    So true .. drives me crazy as well

hope to see Josh moving around truly pain free and playing ball. agree the high scoring Josh not needed but the ball distributor maestro with a quiver of daggers a better fit

key stat for me will be d boards for Zags/o boards for FDU; force the perimeter bounce and tough twos, but rim help means o board avenues, so help defenders at the rim need help rebounders boxing out and crashing everywhere else. Controlling the d glass controls tempo for the Zags in their favor, more pressure on the other team on 1 and done trips, plus fuels the Zags running game

also hope what CDC wants as a #1 seed to happen, to play like it, but if it's close for a while, hope to not see any panic or rushing O or anything like that, instead belief and maturity in their execution. no trips where it looks like Zags are trying to score 10 points in one trip, like at SMC

FDU Knights 66
    GU Bulldogs 79

No injuries, please.

[QUOTE=Goshzagit;1444770]Fairleigh Dickinson head coach Greg Herenda on the matchup with No. 1 #Gonzaga: Could not post his quote.

Your post. [Quote=Goshzagit;] Their guards are a tough guard as they are lightning quick and both can stroke it. Our guys have to be plugged in or will get burned from 3pt line or to the rim. Fortunately we have Clarke and Rui back there, but they can still shoot and pass at a high clip.
    [QUOTE]

That's how the coach should think. That doesn't mean that he gets to get what he wants. Of course he wants his kids to win. Of course he thinks they will win. He'd be a bad coach if he didn't believe that. Why wouldn't he. The problem is that Gonzaga has a team too, and they want to win too. And Mark Few wants them to win too, and believes they will. We have some of the best players in the country and world. I hope that Herenda and his team don't feel too bad when they get blown away. I don't believe,from looking at their schedule, that they've seen players like the ones on Gonzaga's team. They have not seen what Rui and Brandon are going to do to them tomorrow. They have not seen the kind of defense that they will see tomorrow. They have not seen what the #1 offensive team in America is going to do tomorrow. Herenda is a neat guy and a neat coach, but he's living in a fanacy If you want to live in it too, it's fine. Believe what you want to believe. But sometimes the facts don't lie. We have a coach who is every bit as good as Herenda. Just because Mark Few is quiet and humble does not mean he doesn't have passion for his team and for this game. Talk to his players about his passion. Few just doesn't show it in public, and neither do his players. But don't think for a mini-second that Few or any of his coaches and players do not plan to run all over Fairleigh Dickinson tomorrow afternoon. They are planning on smashing them. Believe me. This Zag team is not the little train that could. It is a stream-liner going 100 miles an hour toward it's destination. When it runs over Farleigh Dickenson tomorrow you will realize what I mean. This is exactly what I hope to see tomorrow.

I know that so many people in the basketball world would love to see Gonzaga get upset tomorrow. That's what March Madness is about. However, not all the teams get upset, and not the one team that so many want to win tomorrow will win. However, Gonzaga will be one of them who does.

Say all you want. I'm not scared.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Zags 87
    FD 65
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Let’s get this party started.........
    GU - 89 FDU - 68
    Survive & Advance !

Zags 95

FDU 62
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Zags 94
    FDU 66
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

We give up too many points. Don't cover (spread or FDU's three point shooters). Squeak by nevertheless: 90-70.

Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    We give up too many points. Don't cover (spread or FDU's three point shooters). Squeak by nevertheless: 90-70.
    Have a feeling they will pull a Vermont and make it rain 3's. FDU more than capable.

But They aren't stopping Rui or Clarke, or Norvell (if he actually drives the ball this game).

We score at least 80....but I think they can put up points too.

Perkins cannot guard Jenkins, especially with an iffy shoulder and tons of ball screens.

I have a feeling they hit 13 or 14 3's.

Gonzaga 86
    FDU 72

Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    20 point win is squeaking by......wow we become spoiled
    Speaking by for me is 2 possession game
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by irishzag_09 View Post
    Gonzaga 86
    FDU 72
    Spot on type of prediction. +1

88-61 GU

But I am late to the party