Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 320

Thread: OFFICIAL GAME THREAD = NCAA TOURNEY, FIRST ROUND, THURSDAY, MARCH 21

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    I picked Fla St to go to the Final 4 in my bracket. Not because I think they're unbeatable but because I thought they'd beat the zags and no one on the lower half of the West really scares or impresses me.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    My sons had a baseball game on Championship Monday night - Zags vs. UNC. I watched delayed and recorded.
    Yep. No Anaheim for me (should we be so fortunate), it's high school musical weekend at Brooklyn Tech!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    My sons had a baseball game on Championship Monday night - Zags vs. UNC. I watched delayed and recorded.
    OK but you live in paradise where outdoors sports trumps anything indoors

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    61 N, 149 W
    Posts
    14,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    NMSU/Auburn is on too
    I worded that poorly ... I meant one game was at the half, and only the Aggies and Tiggers were active.
    So many brackets, so little time.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    61 N, 149 W
    Posts
    14,905

    Default

    2nd window is open ...

    Bradley starts strong, 10-4 lead at first tv to
    So many brackets, so little time.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Yep. No Anaheim for me (should we be so fortunate), it's high school musical weekend at Brooklyn Tech!
    Great school. Fort Greene sure has blossomed. I used to work at Pratt. Right up the block.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Great school. Fort Greene sure has blossomed. I used to work at Pratt. Right up the block.
    No way!

    Even in the 25 years since I first came to New York, Fort Greene has changed immeasurably for the better. Lots of good things going on in that neighborhood.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy (20 mi N of GU)
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Boy, NM can't defend 3s. If Auburn keeps hitting them - game over.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    Florida State sucks!

    (I've decided I'm just going to make outrageous comments without thinking - comments that I might go back on in my very next post)

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    The inclusion of Nantz , with the trio of Samuel L, Spike and Chuck has brought those ads to a new level.
    Love Charles and Nantz. Spike and Samuel . . . not so much.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,882

    Default

    I left Brooklyn in the early 90s you would not recognize it back then. Although there were wonderful pockets in the fort green area particularly around Pratt, Brooklyn Hospital and Brooklyn Tech.


    Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    No way!

    Even in the 25 years since I first came to New York, Fort Greene has changed immeasurably for the better. Lots of good things going on in that neighborhood.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    61 N, 149 W
    Posts
    14,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Florida State sucks!

    (I've decided I'm just going to make outrageous comments without thinking - comments that I might go back on in my very next post)
    Works for me ...
    So many brackets, so little time.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    Vermont up 2.

    15 mins to play.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    61 N, 149 W
    Posts
    14,905

    Default

    Belmont v Maryland under way.

    UVM holding steady.

    Auburn +7 under 3.
    So many brackets, so little time.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    13,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Florida State sucks!

    (I've decided I'm just going to make outrageous comments without thinking - comments that I might go back on in my very next post)
    hahaha I love it

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Vermont up 2.

    15 mins to play.
    Win or lose, I think the myth of FSU invincibility has been punctured.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy (20 mi N of GU)
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    Works for me ...
    Me too - other han for my bracket. I'd lie to see Vermont win but have FSU picked. Guess that's a win/win situation

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    We would beat FSU by 20+ - I hope they come back and win.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    sierra foothills
    Posts
    13,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gueastcoast View Post
    Win or lose, I think the myth of FSU invincibility has been punctured.
    didn't know they had that myth! lots of teams struggle first game first half, they also lost a good player Cofer, that will hurt them no matter their depth, he played big minutes. I do like Hamilton and FSU but hope Vermont wins just for Zag reasons

    every team is beatable, every one of them!

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    61 N, 149 W
    Posts
    14,905

    Default

    Under 2 minutes ... Auburn +8 ... +7.

    Aggies had a nice push to get back in it ... Then missed some shots.

    1:05 , Tigers +7
    So many brackets, so little time.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy (20 mi N of GU)
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    NM/A ..... wild last couple mins!

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Me too - other han for my bracket. I'd lie to see Vermont win but have FSU picked. Guess that's a win/win situation
    At a minimum, Vermont is demonstrating how to effectively defend FSU -- great job of switching, helping. Lots of energy.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,882

    Default

    Don’t punish yourself. Cantos have NO shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Vermont up 2.

    15 mins to play.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    61 N, 149 W
    Posts
    14,905

    Default

    I expect Belmont to beat Maryland. Not hope. Expect ( and hope ).
    So many brackets, so little time.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    didn't know they had that myth! lots of teams struggle first game first half, they also lost a good player Cofer, that will hurt them no matter their depth, he played big minutes. I do like Hamilton and FSU but hope Vermont wins just for Zag reasons

    every team is beatable, every one of them!
    Perhaps you haven't been on the board much the past few days LOL
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •