• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sullyzag66
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
    Ugh...Lappas. Cement block tied to the ankle.
    And his son is an assistant coach for Fairleigh Dickinson...

Comment

• Mantua
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
      God help us. Lappas is the absolute WORST. Part of the problem is his delivery. When he announces, it sounds like he's drooling all over himself.
      He has a peculiar smile or what might be a smile. I’m not sure.
      Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• willandi
        Zag for Life
        • Nov 2007

Does anybody have any insight as to why the one #1 seed in that time slot gets TRU TV?

The ONLY bright spot is Syracuse will be starting against Baylor at midnight Syracuse time.
        Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

My neighbor told me that the 1st question Lappas asked the chairperson on the CBS College Sports Network's bracketology show was "why did Gonzaga get a one seed over Tennessee." So that's what we are dealing with on Thursday and possibly Saturday.

I also heard Fat Boy (Jazz knows who I am referring to) was in the studio. Why does CBS have a guy working prominently in studio who has been in the news jurisprudence wise (look it up).
          Last edited by CDC84; 03-17-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Zagceo
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by CDC84
            Another issue.....if Farleigh Dickinson wins, Lappas' son plays for them. That's a conflict of interest, I am sorry. Even if they are 16.
            feel the same way when Bilias drools over Duke? Walton over UCLA Arizona Oregon?

Comment

• CDC84
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

I meant that Lappas' son is an ASSISTANT for Farleigh Dickinson. Typo on my part which is why I edited my post. But yes, still a conflict of interest.

Comment

• CDC84
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SorenTodd45
                What about Saturday's game? Any guesses on tip time or has that game been confirmed yet. I need to work around some ridiculous conflict that day.
                That never gets determined until Thursday's games are finished. Same with Friday. One of the key reasons is that to kick off Saturday, CBS showcases two games (from one particular subregional site) to the entire nation. No games are on the Turner Channels until these 2 games finish. It is a practice I hate, but that they demand for advertising purposes. All of us need to root like crazy that Gonzaga doesn't get that 9:15am PT/10:15am MT game on Saturday. That could very well happen if Syracuse wins. I feel very strongly that if CBS is going to do this, it should only involve subregionals in the eastern or central time zones. I will never forget when they stuck Gonzaga with a 9:15am PT tip against Texas Tech in 2005 from Tucson. I am convinced that early tip didn't help GU's performance, although having Bob Knight on the opposing sideline didn't assist either.

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

BTW - new to the announcing team this year is Ohio State great Jimmy Jackson. In addition to being an outstanding person, he is a FANTASTIC game analyst. I've heard him many times on the Big 10 Network. Wish SLC had him instead of Lappas.

I swear, Jim Nantz and his analysts are ALWAYS sent to a site in the south where there are two ACC teams or more. I cannot think of the last time they have announced an opening weekend game that didn't involve UVA, UNC, Duke, etc. Usually with two of the ACC teams being #1 seeds. Woncha come out west at some point? Not so much for Hill and Nantz, but so I can hear Billy Raff.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Agree on Jax, he’s superb. So the gold bar team of Masters Nantz, Scotch Raf and King Grant get to do Duke. Probably until death does them part. Shocked, I say. Where exactly is Grant Hill the other 49 weeks of the year, besides nurturing his beard and his intro and extro malaprops?

Comment

• Birddog
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Lappas is a caricature of himself and he's terrible. Bill Raftery deserves better.
                      Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                      All mimsy were the borogoves,
                      And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• caduceus
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                        Lappas is a caricature of himself and he's terrible. Bill Raftery deserves better.
                        Lappas is a simpleton. Unrelentingly, he picks the obvious choice when it comes to any issue. There is no nuance with this man. I rue every game he is hired to call. There won't be any epiphany with this man come Thursday.

Comment

• zagamatic
                          Zag for Life
                          • Aug 2009

I've never cared for Lappas, but I'll take him over Walton. I'll take ANYONE over Walton. Which is NOT meant to be an endorsement of Lappas, but at least he's not Walton. I have RARELY watched PAC12 games over the past several years because of him when I used to watch the PAC12 all the time.

Comment

• Birddog
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caduceus View Post
                            Lappas is a simpleton. Unrelentingly, he picks the obvious choice when it comes to any issue. There is no nuance with this man. I rue every game he is hired to call. There won't be any epiphany with this man come Thursday.
                            I think of this guy when I think of Lappas

The official video for Paranoimia - '86 Version.Subscribe to the Art Of Noise channel here: smarturl.it/SubscribeToAON
                            Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                            All mimsy were the borogoves,
                            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• gueastcoast
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Pretty sure we had Lappas in 2016 as well when we beat Seton Hall and Utah...I have vivid memories of the pundits saying how we were going to get crushed by SH's stud guards.
                              Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• CDC84
                                Super Moderator
                                • Feb 2007

I wonder what happens if you put a plate of BBQ ribs or some other culinary delight in front of Lappas? Does the drool from his mouth start to look like he's a dog with rabies??

Comment

Working...
                                X