Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Times

Default Game Times

I can’t remember who is the schedule sleuth here on GU Boards, but I know we have one or more amongst us.

Please post the schedule here when you figure it out. Gratze!!

KHQ-TV just said Thursday tip for us is 4:27PDT!

truTV.

I DON'T GET THAT!@#$%^&*()_+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    KHQ-TV just said Thursday tip for us is 4:27PDT!
    It may be time to change your sig, it's 10 years old. We're getting top 30 recruits now and putting multiple players in the NBA, and may have a top 10 kid commit soon. Plus Jimmy Dykes is totally anti-Zag.

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Ugh...Lappas. Cement block tied to the ankle.

TruTV:

No Lappas please
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    truTV.

I DON'T GET THAT!@#$%^&*()_+!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    Sign up for a 7 day free trial period on Hulu. They will be having all the games. I don't have cable or TV but have been able to watch all the games thus far on my big desk top and ipad. If you continue to use it, it is about 45 dollars a month and you can cancell at anytime. It has been a godsend for me and the quality has been excellent! Will cancel after the Madness ends.

Zags and Gaels on at the same time. No love for the WCC fan. The Griz game will likely start before the Zags game is over.

God help us. Lappas is the absolute WORST. Part of the problem is his delivery. When he announces, it sounds like he's drooling all over himself.

Was it Lappas who announced the opening round games in 2017?? I know Gottlieb did 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Was it Lappas who announced the opening round games in 2017?? I know Gottlieb did 2013.
    Indeed it was. Smash the mute button.
    Welcome to Zagdom

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Ugh...Lappas. Cement block tied to the ankle.
    And his son is an assistant coach for Fairleigh Dickinson...

God help us. Lappas is the absolute WORST. Part of the problem is his delivery. When he announces, it sounds like he's drooling all over himself.
    He has a peculiar smile or what might be a smile. I’m not sure.
    Parlez-vous français?

Does anybody have any insight as to why the one #1 seed in that time slot gets TRU TV?

The ONLY bright spot is Syracuse will be starting against Baylor at midnight Syracuse time.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

My neighbor told me that the 1st question Lappas asked the chairperson on the CBS College Sports Network's bracketology show was "why did Gonzaga get a one seed over Tennessee." So that's what we are dealing with on Thursday and possibly Saturday.

I also heard Fat Boy (Jazz knows who I am referring to) was in the studio. Why does CBS have a guy working prominently in studio who has been in the news jurisprudence wise (look it up).
    Last edited by CDC84; 03-17-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Another issue.....if Farleigh Dickinson wins, Lappas' son plays for them. That's a conflict of interest, I am sorry. Even if they are 16.
    feel the same way when Bilias drools over Duke? Walton over UCLA Arizona Oregon?

I meant that Lappas' son is an ASSISTANT for Farleigh Dickinson. Typo on my part which is why I edited my post. But yes, still a conflict of interest.

What about Saturday's game? Any guesses on tip time or has that game been confirmed yet. I need to work around some ridiculous conflict that day.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    What about Saturday's game? Any guesses on tip time or has that game been confirmed yet. I need to work around some ridiculous conflict that day.
    That never gets determined until Thursday's games are finished. Same with Friday. One of the key reasons is that to kick off Saturday, CBS showcases two games (from one particular subregional site) to the entire nation. No games are on the Turner Channels until these 2 games finish. It is a practice I hate, but that they demand for advertising purposes. All of us need to root like crazy that Gonzaga doesn't get that 9:15am PT/10:15am MT game on Saturday. That could very well happen if Syracuse wins. I feel very strongly that if CBS is going to do this, it should only involve subregionals in the eastern or central time zones. I will never forget when they stuck Gonzaga with a 9:15am PT tip against Texas Tech in 2005 from Tucson. I am convinced that early tip didn't help GU's performance, although having Bob Knight on the opposing sideline didn't assist either.

BTW - new to the announcing team this year is Ohio State great Jimmy Jackson. In addition to being an outstanding person, he is a FANTASTIC game analyst. I've heard him many times on the Big 10 Network. Wish SLC had him instead of Lappas.

I swear, Jim Nantz and his analysts are ALWAYS sent to a site in the south where there are two ACC teams or more. I cannot think of the last time they have announced an opening weekend game that didn't involve UVA, UNC, Duke, etc. Usually with two of the ACC teams being #1 seeds. Woncha come out west at some point? Not so much for Hill and Nantz, but so I can hear Billy Raff.

Agree on Jax, he’s superb. So the gold bar team of Masters Nantz, Scotch Raf and King Grant get to do Duke. Probably until death does them part. Shocked, I say. Where exactly is Grant Hill the other 49 weeks of the year, besides nurturing his beard and his intro and extro malaprops?