Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Times

Lappas is a caricature of himself and he's terrible. Bill Raftery deserves better.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Lappas is a caricature of himself and he's terrible. Bill Raftery deserves better.
    Lappas is a simpleton. Unrelentingly, he picks the obvious choice when it comes to any issue. There is no nuance with this man. I rue every game he is hired to call. There won't be any epiphany with this man come Thursday.

I've never cared for Lappas, but I'll take him over Walton. I'll take ANYONE over Walton. Which is NOT meant to be an endorsement of Lappas, but at least he's not Walton. I have RARELY watched PAC12 games over the past several years because of him when I used to watch the PAC12 all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Lappas is a simpleton. Unrelentingly, he picks the obvious choice when it comes to any issue. There is no nuance with this man. I rue every game he is hired to call. There won't be any epiphany with this man come Thursday.
    I think of this guy when I think of Lappas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6epzmRZk6UU
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Pretty sure we had Lappas in 2016 as well when we beat Seton Hall and Utah...I have vivid memories of the pundits saying how we were going to get crushed by SH's stud guards.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

I wonder what happens if you put a plate of BBQ ribs or some other culinary delight in front of Lappas? Does the drool from his mouth start to look like he's a dog with rabies??

Lappas... damn it.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Good thing I scheduled a team building event at Yard House at 4:00 Thursday...

4:30 sucks for me.

I close the store at 5:30, so I can't go and watch the first half elsewhere because then I'll be in limbo driving home. I get home at 6:15, so the game will be almost over.
    I will DVR it and watch when I get home, but I can't go online because someone, somewhere will spill the beans. I can't visit the forum for the same reason.

It is the worst possible timing for me. The last game that day, set to start about 7 in SLC would have been perfect. That would have been too easy.

As I said...at least it will make Syracuse start at about midnight their bodies time.
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    4:30 sucks for me.

I close the store at 5:30, so I can't go and watch the first half elsewhere because then I'll be in limbo driving home. I get home at 6:15, so the game will be almost over.
    I will DVR it and watch when I get home, but I can't go online because someone, somewhere will spill the beans. I can't visit the forum for the same reason.

It is the worst possible timing for me. The last game that day, set to start about 7 in SLC would have been perfect. That would have been too easy.

As I said...at least it will make Syracuse start at about midnight their bodies time.
    I think you could be forgiven for posting a sign on the door; "Closed Early to Support Zags. Support you local independent business, as we support local teams. Come back when open for a special deal if you found us closed."

I suspect 99% of customers would understand, and would come back. 'Course, I don't have your experience.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I think you could be forgiven for posting a sign on the door; "Closed Early to Support Zags. Support you local independent business, as we support local teams. Come back when open for a special deal if you found us closed."

I suspect 99% of customers would understand, and would come back. 'Course, I don't have your experience.
    I may do that. I would have to close at 3:30.

In the past my sign has said..."Gone Zaggin"
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I may do that. I would have to close at 3:30.

In the past my sign has said..."Gone Zaggin"
    Again, I haven't run a business like you have. But, I suspect 90% of potential customers will also be setting aside that time to watch game. The sign might endear the potential customer to you and have them coming back.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

With the win, What time will the Zags play Saturday?

As was said in another earlier post, game time for Saturdays games will not be announced until after all of the games on Thursday night.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    As was said in another earlier post, game time for Saturdays games will not be announced until after all of the games on Thursday night.
    Do we know the possible options for times at least? Or nada until after thursday games?

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Do we know the possible options for times at least? Or nada until after thursday games?

TBD March Madness Live 12:00 pm CBS
    TBD March Madness Live 2:30 pm CBS
    TBD March Madness Live 5:00 pm CBS
    TBD March Madness Live 6:00 pm TNT
    TBD March Madness Live 7:00 pm TBS
    TBD March Madness Live 7:30 pm CBS
    TBD March Madness Live 8:30 pm TNT
    TBD March Madness Live 9:30 pm TBS
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Again, I haven't run a business like you have. But, I suspect 90% of potential customers will also be setting aside that time to watch game. The sign might endear the potential customer to you and have them coming back.
    I told my wife what you said here, and she said she kind of expected it.

Soooo...if traffic is light Thursday afternoon, I will be closing early and heading home for the game.

That means that any members here that want to buy my Zag jewelry, need to be at the shop by 3, so we can chat, you can buy and we all can leave to root on the Zags. LOL
    It's not funny.