Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59

Thread: Potential Opponents Message Boards

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,937

    Default Potential Opponents Message Boards

    Lets throw any message boards together in one thread.

    I've been looking but have not been able to find any boards for either Fairleigh Dickinson or Prairie View A&M.
    (I'll add any that people find to this post)

    #9 Baylor https://sicem365.com/forums/3

    #8 Syracuse https://syracusefan.com/forums/syrac...tball-board.2/

    #5 Marquette https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?PH...be7b&board=2.0

    #12 Murray State https://www.racerfans.com/board/viewforum.php?f=3

    #4 Florida State https://floridastate.forums.rivals.c...sage-board.30/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,239

    Default

    Wow, thanks.

    I suspect Syracuse and Florida State's fans will be quite happy with their recent memories.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,073

    Default

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Wow, thanks.

    I suspect Syracuse and Florida State's fans will be quite happy with their recent memories.
    Good! They’ll be jetlagged and overconfident.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    tx kong. I really enjoy reading their boards.
    The hallmark of a second class person is the resentment of another's success-R.W. Emerson
    Whatever you focus your mind on grows, grow a rose garden and not a weed patch-Dr Paul

    .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Good! They’ll be jetlagged and overconfident.
    Do all teams get charter flights to game locations? I did a quick search last night and saw no direct flights to SLC from Syracuse or Jacksonville.

    O/T, DFW is one of the few places in the country that has direct flights from almost everywhere in the country. I'm sure the Timme family knows there are 5 nonstop flights daily from DFW to Spokane...lol.

    I doubt I'll ever avail myself of that, I love long road trips. There is so much to see between Texas and Spokane, no matter which route you take.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Do all teams get charter flights to game locations? I did a quick search last night and saw no direct flights to SLC from Syracuse or Jacksonville.

    O/T, DFW is one of the few places in the country that has direct flights from almost everywhere in the country. I'm sure the Timme family knows there are 5 nonstop flights daily from DFW to Spokane...lol.

    I doubt I'll ever avail myself of that, I love long road trips. There is so much to see between Texas and Spokane, no matter which route you take.
    All teams are chartered in. Arrangements are made by a travel agency in Iowa I believe. Google it, it's an interesting rabbit hole to go down.
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,746

    Default

    A poster on the ‘Cuse board credited Gonzaga with five national championships, Catholic national championships.

    https://syracusefan.com/threads/syra...esuits.142130/
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Logan Neighborhood, represent!
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    el bump-o

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    2,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    A poster on the ‘Cuse board credited Gonzaga with five national championships, Catholic national championships.

    https://syracusefan.com/threads/syra...esuits.142130/
    That's pretty cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Bump bump bump

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Lets throw any message boards together in one thread.

    I've been looking but have not been able to find any boards for either Fairleigh Dickinson or Prairie View A&M.
    (I'll add any that people find to this post)

    #9 Baylor https://sicem365.com/forums/3
    Kong saved everyone a lot of work with these team websites! Thanks! REALLY thanks!

    #8 Syracuse https://syracusefan.com/forums/syrac...tball-board.2/

    #5 Marquette https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?PH...be7b&board=2.0

    #12 Murray State https://www.racerfans.com/board/viewforum.php?f=3

    #4 Florida State https://floridastate.forums.rivals.c...sage-board.30/
    A huge THANKS TO KONG!! Save a lot of work for the board members.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Lets throw any message boards together in one thread.

    I've been looking but have not been able to find any boards for either Fairleigh Dickinson or Prairie View A&M.
    (I'll add any that people find to this post)

    #9 Baylor https://sicem365.com/forums/3

    #8 Syracuse https://syracusefan.com/forums/syrac...tball-board.2/

    #5 Marquette https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?PH...be7b&board=2.0

    #12 Murray State https://www.racerfans.com/board/viewforum.php?f=3

    #4 Florida State https://floridastate.forums.rivals.c...sage-board.30/

    #2 Michigan https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard or https://forum.umhoops.com/

    #3 Texas Tech https://247sports.com/college/texas-...etball-102952/

    #10 Florida https://www.gatorcountry.com/swampga...tin-but-net.6/ or https://247sports.com/college/florid...oard-Forum-14/
    Adding a few more.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    All teams are chartered in. Arrangements are made by a travel agency in Iowa I believe. Google it, it's an interesting rabbit hole to go down.
    Even the cheerleaders and pep bands are chartered in. Great memories from when I was in the pep band.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Even the cheerleaders and pep bands are chartered in. Great memories from when I was in the pep band.
    And the level of hotel assigned is also "seeded". Lower seed means further from venue and lower quality (***) not that they are el cheapo, just not as good.
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Even the cheerleaders and pep bands are chartered in. Great memories from when I was in the pep band.
    I'd swear we flew commercial back in '95
    History has its eyes on you.

    Sage of the GU Message Board

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    I'd swear we flew commercial back in '95
    you likely did. the "change over" to chartered was around 2001 or 2002. . .

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    Go Zags!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    2,864

    Default

    Baylor board upset about fouls on US not getting called LOL. But, many of them admit we are a better team.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rawkmandale View Post
    Baylor board upset about fouls on US not getting called LOL. But, many of them admit we are a better team.
    - and I agree on both points, from my living room I had 2 of vital's blocking fouls as charges, and clearly the ref's missed the basket interference call on rui, that cost them 2 points.

    - but kudo's to the zags, we out rebounded them and that was suppose to be our Achilles heel for this game.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    South Hill
    Posts
    618

    Default

    The overall officiating was poor but as physical as it was, it was tough to call. Vital's flop should of been a no call instead of a foul but I don't mind when floppers get called for blocks. More fouls against GU than Baylor, more free throws for Baylor as well. The cheap (phantom) fouls against Rui and Tillie really impacted GU.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,072

    Default

    Florida state fans saying they played their best tonight.
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Florida state fans saying they played their best tonight.
    Think about this for a second:

    Since January 20th, Florida St's ONLY losses have been to UNC & Duke. That's it.

    They have been on a roll, in the ACC no less, not to mention the ACC Championship game.

    Coach Few was interviewed by CBS post-game tonight, saying, "I watched them all season. Florida St was vastly underseeded, they should have been on the 2 line".

    They went on a losing streak in the ACC to start 2019 and punished for it -- they really haven't lost since.

    In many ways, the single worst match-up, from top to bottom, in the entire Tournament. UNC comes close, but they don't feature half the overall size FSU does.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,072

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    Think about this for a second:

    Since January 20th, Florida St's ONLY losses have been to UNC & Duke. That's it.

    They have been on a roll, in the ACC no less, not to mention the ACC Championship game.

    Coach Few was interviewed by CBS post-game tonight, saying, "I watched them all season. Florida St was vastly underseeded, they should have been on the 2 line".

    They went on a losing streak in the ACC to start 2019 and punished for it -- they really haven't lost since.

    In many ways, the single worst match-up, from top to bottom, in the entire Tournament. UNC comes close, but they don't feature half the overall size FSU does.
    Sounds to me like West Virginia all over again. We’ll see what happens. There’s a lot of hype going into our matchup. I feel like it’s us against the world. Let’s get it
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    I'm just glad that the team actually has some time to put together a game plan instead of a short turnaround

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •