Thread: Am I The Only Poster Who Refuses To Watch Bracketology Shows After Selection Show?

Default Am I The Only Poster Who Refuses To Watch Bracketology Shows After Selection Show?

I don't watch the shows anyway, but if GU lands a number one seed, chaos at the highest level will occur across all the shows, even if Lunardi keeps supporting GU as a 1.

1) I have no interest in Dicky V telling me that 38 teams were screwed out of the tourney (including the "Little Guy") w/out pointing out teams who should be excluded from the field.

2) I have no interest in watching coaches pumping their fists, talking about how great their teams are, and about 1st round opponents they have not seen 1 second of game tape on.

3) There are too many analysts on these shows who do not follow college basketball regularly. Some get better once the tourney gets going and they get to see the teams a couple of times. But at the start, they know little.

4) Too many commercials.

5) Who can really properly fill out a bracket and make predictions unless you spend several hours researching, even if you have seen some of the teams before. It takes WORK.

6) The best region is NOT where all the big names are located, and yet that always seems to be the region that gets picked as the toughest region.

I could go on but I am running out of time. But don't be surprised if I comment on the board about what is said by other posters about what is said on the various shows.

CDC, I have a masochistic streak so I probably will, but your points are spot on!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

I DVR at least one of the shows and then watch it later if I have time. Then I can skip all the ads and stuff I don't care about!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

1. Vitale is one of the few who actually will say who to remove.
    2. Still like it.
    3. Agree
    4. Of course.
    5. Still fun.
    6. Very true.

I still am obsessed. Add in the 3 college basketball podcasts I listen to and I’m set for the night.

I'm totally with you, CDC. Will watch the selection show and that is it, for the reasons you outlined above.

I'm a fan of Gary Parrish, so I'll probably watch his stuff on CBS Sports Network

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    1. Vitale is one of the few who actually will say who to remove.
    2. Still like it.
    3. Agree
    4. Of course.
    5. Still fun.
    6. Very true.

I still am obsessed. Add in the 3 college basketball podcasts I listen to and I’m set for the night.
    Which podcasts? Katz, One Shining Moment and Gary Parrish?

Quote Originally Posted by jayray View Post
    Which podcasts? Katz, One Shining Moment and Gary Parrish?
    2 of 3

One Shining Podcast. Titus and Tate
    CBS. Parrish and Norlander
    NBC. College Basketball Talk. Just started that one.

Vitale sticking up for the mid majors again. Sorry, I love it.

[QUOTE=CDC84;1443530]I don't watch the shows anyway, but if GU lands a number one seed, chaos at the highest level will occur ...I really don't expect "chaos" to occur...

1) I love Dicky V. ...his excitement and exuberance for a sport I love is a GOOD thing. He does get some things wrong but who cares...

2) I have a DVR and fast forward through areas I don't care for....

3) Not sure about this one...they may not know everything about every team, but MOST know a whole lot more than we do. I often get a perspective that I didn't know before.....

4) Too many commercials. (DVR)

5) Making a prediction involving a bunch of 18-21 year old kids can just as easily be done flipping a coin at times...LOL

6) Picking the best region is very subjective..do you base it on the top 4 seeds? or the strength of the field 1-16? This year I think the midwest with UNC and Kentucky looks to be strong.
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Was that today?

I didn't watch any of it.

I believed the Zags would get a #1, a #2 at worst. I just checked and they got a 1 with Mich as their #2. That should be an epic E8 if Mich can hold on.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

ESPN had an excellent show afterwards. I learned a lot. They fill in the blanks on some teams I have never seen play this year.

1. Dickie V sticks up for the little guys. Wants more mid majors and less mediocre big 5 teams. He hates how out of 38 at large bids only 2 go to the small schools. Also, hated how Mich St got put in the same bracket as Duke.

2. Great interview with Mark Few. Vitale asked how the players responded during the next practice after the loss and if adding Tillie this late has hurt the chemistry/rotation in any way?

3. You're wrong. These were the same 4 guys we see all year long.

4. Surprisingly few this year.

5. It's not work. College basketball is my favorite sport. I watch all the conference semi and finals. I won last year predicting Villanova over Michigan. Watching the ESPN special does help fill in the gaps. My prediction, the winner of Zion vs. Clarke round II is going to win it all. But, GU's potential opponents in Syracuse and Florida St are both worrisome.

6. I agree. Too many upsets to predict beforehand the best region.

I can hardly get enough of it....I know very little about the teams so it is very informative.....it is IMHO the best sporting event in the world as I don't care for The World Cup or the Olympics or football...…

I am never offended if anyone criticizes Gonzaga or the WCC....

Ten years ago I doubt that Few would agree to be interviewed on ESPN and now here he is talking smack about Calipari.... this is all great fun for me....and the Tournament is why these great kids come to Gonzaga... to be part of this.....

It's entertainment. Never understood someone disparaging what is entertaining to somebody else.

You sound like the guy that talks crap about soccer to the guy that loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    It's entertainment. Never understood someone disparaging what is entertaining to somebody else.

This. Ricky Gervais did a bit about people who come to his twitter or whatever to complain about being there in the first place. Why would a person complain about something so easily avoided?

I actually agree with the OP about several points and the absurdity of some of it, but ya....I don't have cable so I just rely on you good people to tell me the press that's newsworthy leading up to the game.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post

Yup lol that or NASCAR
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

The kids that are in are so excited....can't help but feel for the kids that that were left out....must be disappointed ....

Everybody wants to dance.....