Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: After Gonzaga of course, who's your favorite team? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - Marquette

- like their coaches, Maguire way back when, and not so long ago buzz Williams.
    - under the radar type team, i.e. usually an underdog.
    - also I loved their uniforms back in the 80's.

- kills me to see them on a 5 or 6 game losing streak. really has a team ever made the dance on a 6 game losing streak? well one will this year. suspect in the last month they have moved from a 2 or 3 seed down to an 8 seed.
    Were those the untucked jerseys!? or the shorts that were designed to luck like the jerseys were untucked!? Best uniforms ever.

I enjoy watching Michigan this year because they play a fun style of basketball. Their Lithuanian frosh is a stud who plays w a feistiness I hope to see from Rui starting this week.

Jesuit schools

Villanova. Pretty amazing coaching job by Jay Wright this year, and I like that they’re a non football school too.

+1 on the any team playing Duke préférence too.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I root for Virginia most of the time only because I like Tony Bennet. The only team I am truly invested in is Gonzaga.

St. Mary's. I think of them like our little brother, not our bitter rival. I know not a lot of Zags fans feel like this.

I’m rooting for Murray State and Yale.

.. and UW. I like Hameir Wright.
    Parlez-vous français?

MN Gopher season tix holder for years. I purchase single game tix these days. Fan of them, attend their games, own a ton of apparel, yet like all my MN teams, they disappoint often. I root for them and follow the rest of the Big 10 closely.

I'm also a Michigan Wolverines fan. I was between Gonzaga and Michigan as a Senior in HS. Big school vs small school.

Fortunately, made the best decision of my life choosing Spokane over Ann Arbor.

Still root for them and like their blue collar style of play, and likeable Coach, their campus is close knit and fun for being so big...exact opposite of Minnesota campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
    St. Mary's. I think of them like our little brother, not our bitter rival. I know not a lot of Zags fans feel like this.
    SMC
    Yale
    Montana
    Buffalo
    Houston
    UW

in that order
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

The only other D1 basketball program that gets the time of day from me is Eastern. I generally go to 1 or 2 games out at Reese Court in Cheney every year and catch some of their games on SWX too. Was pulling hard for them in the Big Sky tournament championship last night, but it wasn't meant to be.

I also follow D3 Whitworth.

Montana, as anyone that has read why understands. My Dad taught there for 25+ years.
    Last edited by willandi; 03-18-2019 at 06:53 AM.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Ha!! Easy Schmeezy..My own Montana Griz of course

I like Saint Marys especially this year. Good kids, love Aussie work ethic and they overcame a giant at least once. Bennett not so much.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

After Gonzaga, usually root for the following teams

1) Marquette - went there for grad school and go to a few games every year
    2) Villanova - really like their program and their coach
    3) Michigan St - ditto
    4) St Bonaventure - buddy went there and always root for the little guy...sad they just missed getting in this year
    5) Any WCC or Big Sky team, esp Montana and Montana St

Red Sox. Gonzaga doesn't play during the summer.

For 1 game I will be a huge fan of the winner of the Marq/Murray St. game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    For 1 game I will be a huge fan of the winner of the Marq/Murray St. game.
    Haha. Ditto!

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    Haha. Ditto!
    Why do you guys hate Vermont ??
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Nobody. Im a 1 team guy in every sport.
    Bingo! I’m with you.

After Gonzaga I have no favorite team. Will I watch other teams? Yes. Will I watch some other specific team? No. When GU isn’t playing I’ll watch whatever game has the closest score.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
    Guess I could support that too 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Don View Post
    Guess I could support that too ��
    So you are saying that after Gonzaga, you support the Gaels? LOL
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Any of the original Big East teams, i always loved that conference. It started for me as a kid when nova won title in 1985. Then in middle school after i got home in afternoons i loved BIG MONDAY on espn watching the big east teams in our home with REBORN. My bucket list was to go to NYC and watch friday night semifinals of old big east conference tourney in madison square garden. I was so ticked when that conference broke up

Loyola Chi Ramblers. Nothing better than hearing 99 yr old Sister Jean saying, “Let’s get the big W!” before every game.

Quote Originally Posted by demian View Post
    Any of the original Big East teams, i always loved that conference. It started for me as a kid when nova won title in 1985. Then in middle school after i got home in afternoons i loved BIG MONDAY on espn watching the big east teams in our home with REBORN. My bucket list was to go to NYC and watch friday night semifinals of old big east conference tourney in madison square garden. I was so ticked when that conference broke up
    Those certainly were the days. What a great conference. I'm feeling naustalgic now. Really great memories, Demian.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I love Wofford. In addition to being one of the best 3 point shooting teams that college basketball has seen in the past 20 years, they run such beautiful action on offense. The Southern had 3 other teams who could've competed and competed well in the NCAA tourney this year in Greensboro, East Tennessee and Furman. Wofford swept everything. Home games, road games, and the league tourney. Not an easy task. Mike Wofford is also one of these guys like Bob McKillop....a brilliant coach who has just remained at Wofford for 30 years because he doesn't a bad job. I respect that:

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-...s1970e510284e3

I don't have another favorite team. I do tend to latch on to the small schools that do well in the tourney, but don't invest much emotion into them.

Agree with the "anyone who is playing Duke" theory - especially this year.

And, although I usually root against them at all other times of the year, wouldn't it be great to see a GU-St. Mary's Championship game. We could get some revenge, and all the WCC, weak-schedule, mid-major haters would have to eat crow.