Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Thread: After Gonzaga of course, who's your favorite team? Why?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,846

    Default After Gonzaga of course, who's your favorite team? Why?

    Mine is Tennessee. They remind me of Gonzaga. It's about brotherhood. It's definitely not about size, but it is about talent + brotherhood. They are not selfish, and I really like that. And they are not ARROGANT like Duke. I take humility over players who want to kill any day. Afterall, it is a game, and there are rules against killers. I hope those rules are enforced this year more than others, and I hope they are fair. I know that that is wishful thinking for sure. I like Tennessee's Wiliams way more then Duke's. The Admiral is every bit the star player that Bennett is. I love his smile and attitude. I love that fact that he believes in his brothers and he was able to make that pass at the end of the game to one of his brothers. And finally, they believe and love God.

    Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,891

    Default

    Winner of Harvard Yale; Colgate.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Longshots I'd like to see win some games:


    Washington
    SMC
    Murray State
    Nevadad
    Houston
    Any other mid-major


    For final-4 types:

    I'd prefer TN if GU can't win it.

    I'd take UVA next.

    It would be great to have Duke, UK, and UNC not make the final 4 (yeah right...)
    Last edited by LTownZag; 03-17-2019 at 02:39 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,240

    Default

    Nobody. Live and die with zags only.

    EDIT: I am not hateful to others that root for other teams either .. wanted to make that clear lol
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    5,303

    Default

    Nobody. Im a 1 team guy in every sport.
    Love the zags for life

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    Nobody

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    102

    Default After Gonzaga of course, who's your favorite team? Why?

    Minnesota Gophers...growing up in Minnesota I was always a Gophers fan. Honestly started following Gonzaga after they beat Minnesota in the tournament & and haven’t stopped following the Zags since. I also attended Gonzaga and they are by far my favorite team but I still cheer for the Gophers.

    I appreciate teams that are not getting all the one & done players like Duke & Kentucky so I do enjoy watching Tennessee, Virginia & Michigan, etc as well. I like their coaches as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,107

    Default

    The underdog.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Hi Reborn and other board friends. Haven’t posted in forever but read everyday but I had to post here. It’s TN for me as well. I don’t know how many people noticed this but after the TN game the players were celebrating for an extra long time and Admiral Scofield was being interviewed and missed the handshake line. He all of a sudden bolted and chased down Coach Few who was almost off the floor in order to shake his hand. I thought that was such a classy move.

    https://twitter.com/zaggystardust/st...245136898?s=21

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    212

    Default

    This Tennessee team is fun. Usually,

    UW 'cause my wife went there.
    Other Jesuit schools. Especially Marquette 'cause my cousin went there.
    West by God Virginia.
    UNC (greatest basketball department of all time).
    Michigan for coach and style.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Good, fun thread.

    Grew up a UCLA fan long before I became a Zag, but those ties hang by a thread now. Which is sad.

    Probably a different team each year. This year like a lot of us I really do like this Tennessee team. That said if Auburn beats them today I'll be okay with that as it helps our 1 seed case! Zags above all else.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZaggyStardust View Post
    Hi Reborn and other board friends. Haven’t posted in forever but read everyday but I had to post here. It’s TN for me as well. I don’t know how many people noticed this but after the TN game the players were celebrating for an extra long time and Admiral Scofield was being interviewed and missed the handshake line. He all of a sudden bolted and chased down Coach Few who was almost off the floor in order to shake his hand. I thought that was such a classy move.

    https://twitter.com/zaggystardust/st...245136898?s=21
    That guy is great.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia Suburb
    Posts
    2,846

    Default

    any team besides these: Nova, Duke, UNC, Kentucky.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bainbridge
    Posts
    702

    Default

    As a kid and teenager growing up on the West Coast, always liked UCLA in the Wooden years. But that was way back in the day.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tri-Cities
    Posts
    1,971

    Default

    I don't really root for any team except the Zags. However, I do tend to pay attention and watch B10 teams like Michigan St. or some of the smaller conference schools if they happen to be on.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

    ~ Desiderius Erasmus

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZaggyStardust View Post
    Hi Reborn and other board friends. Haven’t posted in forever but read everyday but I had to post here. It’s TN for me as well. I don’t know how many people noticed this but after the TN game the players were celebrating for an extra long time and Admiral Scofield was being interviewed and missed the handshake line. He all of a sudden bolted and chased down Coach Few who was almost off the floor in order to shake his hand. I thought that was such a classy move.

    https://twitter.com/zaggystardust/st...245136898?s=21
    Hi. Thanks for posting, FINALLY. hahaha I HAVE missed you. You are one of the best fans around. I do love Ninja shooters; so Auburn is definitely a team I like to watch. However, I don't like the way Pearl coaches.....never have. Back when he coached Tennessee I couldn't stand them. Also, for those who live by the three will die by the 3. I've always liked Iowa State. I have enjoyed playing them as well. They have been playing really well lately and I hope we don't play them, and if we do let it be late in the tournament.

    Go Zags!!!

    ps This is fun....
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    2,762

    Default

    It was North Carolina until 2017 for obvious reasons. Other favorite is Michigan State. I love Izzo


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,846

    Default

    And my "other" favorite team goes down. Will it help Gonzaga? I think yes.

    Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    PNWest
    Posts
    3,360

    Default

    The Lady Zags!

    Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    46,296

    Default

    There are other teams ?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Mine is Tennessee. They remind me of Gonzaga. It's about brotherhood. It's definitely not about size, but it is about talent + brotherhood. They are not selfish, and I really like that. And they are not ARROGANT like Duke. I take humility over players who want to kill any day. Afterall, it is a game, and there are rules against killers. I hope those rules are enforced this year more than others, and I hope they are fair. I know that that is wishful thinking for sure. I like Tennessee's Wiliams way more then Duke's. The Admiral is every bit the star player that Bennett is. I love his smile and attitude. I love that fact that he believes in his brothers and he was able to make that pass at the end of the game to one of his brothers. And finally, they believe and love God.

    Go Zags!!!
    Whoever is playing Duke. I used to dislike them equally with Kentucky, UNC and UCLA. This year though, the hype train with Zion has risen to a whole new level and I can't stand it. Them getting all the publicity on ESPN, even after we beat them pushed me over the top.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    Whoever is playing Duke. I used to dislike them equally with Kentucky, UNC and UCLA. This year though, the hype train with Zion has risen to a whole new level and I can't stand it. Them getting all the publicity on ESPN, even after we beat them pushed me over the top.
    This is a man after my own heart!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Nobody. I do follow Nevada because my brother in law is a die hard Zag fan and Pack fan. My husband, brother in law and I all went to Nevada but we've lived here in Spokane 40 years and the Zags are it for me. I watch a lot of basketball but really can't say I love another team...unless they are playing Duke.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    721

    Default

    - Marquette

    - like their coaches, Maguire way back when, and not so long ago buzz Williams.
    - under the radar type team, i.e. usually an underdog.
    - also I loved their uniforms back in the 80's.

    - kills me to see them on a 5 or 6 game losing streak. really has a team ever made the dance on a 6 game losing streak? well one will this year. suspect in the last month they have moved from a 2 or 3 seed down to an 8 seed.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richland, Washington
    Posts
    6,452

    Default

    If GU's program fell apart, I don't know if I would even watch college basketball.

    In our time zone, the prime time games are not that great and my Saturday afternoons are too precious to watch eastern teams. I only watch eastern games now because GU is in the national discussion.

    I would probably be a pseudo Wazzu fan and live in constant misery, but if I was to go down that rabbit hole, I may as well be a fan of a busted GU program.....except WCC....ugh.

    I do like EWU as a program, but they are not on tv very much.
    I miss Mike Hart

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •