Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tommy in Mexico City scouting one of Ballo's teammates? Secret internatioal pg?

Well played. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Ridiculous and borderline racist. This guy is a flat out stud and would be a borderline 5 star if he was playing in the states. I posted several links to all of the praise and accolades abut him from independent sources, if you're too stubborn to read them, that's on you.
    Spy, for someone who gets so easily upset when someone says anything negative about GU, the team or even your own opinion, using your own words, you sure do get your panties in a bunch!

Now, in this thread, you are calling out someone as "borderline racist"??? From a 3 word post???

Take a look at your own tag line video, "Party", clearly ridiculing a religion that I assume is different than your own. Why even have that on here??? You calling out others for being borderline racist... with your tagline??? Borderline hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

You are the first to @&#$* and moan if someone hurts your precious feelings, but meanwhile you are usually the one to cast the first stone.

If you're too stubborn to figure that out, that's on you.

Glass houses Spy, glass houses.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Ridiculous and borderline racist. This guy is a flat out stud and would be a borderline 5 star if he was playing in the states. I posted several links to all of the praise and accolades abut him from independent sources, if you're too stubborn to read them, that's on you.
    Not sure how this is racist. I'm guessing more about comparing players game and ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Spy, for someone who gets so easily upset when someone says anything negative about GU, the team or even your own opinion, using your own words, you sure do get your panties in a bunch!

Now, in this thread, you are calling out someone as "borderline racist"??? From a 3 word post???

Take a look at your own tag line video, "Party", clearly ridiculing a religion that I assume is different than your own. Why even have that on here??? You calling out others for being borderline racist... with your tagline??? Borderline hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

You are the first to @&#$* and moan if someone hurts your precious feelings, but meanwhile you are usually the one to cast the first stone.

If you're too stubborn to figure that out, that's on you.

Glass houses Spy, glass houses.
    Jazz is often very biased against white foreign players except Domas. Regarding the video, more than half of the crew were LDS and the two female leads that I hired were BYU alum

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Not sure how this is racist. I'm guessing more about comparing players game and ability.

Nope, comparing skin color and ethnic background although one is euro and the other from South America. I’ve “known” Jazz for 15 years there’s a reason he chose that extremely vague player comparison and it’s not their games and skill set because the 2 play nothing alike.

Unfortunately some people in America use the term racist (rather loosely) if they don't agree with what you do or say. I guess it's the new "in" thing to say. I guess Spy just wanted to shut Jazz up.

Calling Jazz a racist is absurd.
    " You gotta love the one who loves you "

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Unfortunately some people in America use the term racist (rather loosely) if they don't agree with what you do or say. I guess it's the new "in" thing to say. I guess Spy just wanted to shut Jazz up.

Calling Jazz a racist is absurd.
    I didn't call him a racist, I said his slight against the kid was very intentional and borderline racist. Jazz is smart and knows exactly what he meant. And you're still salty because you lost a bet and then tried to whelch on it. Now let's stop hijacking the thread and discuss this kid and the chance of us landing him.

This ain't rocket surgery!

Guys I need you to get back on topic or I am going to have to close the thread. Let's keep it focused on GU and potential grad transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Guys I need you to get back on topic or I am going to have to close the thread. Let's keep it focused on GU and potential grad transfers.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Damn! I had 4 paragraphs written already about hypocrisy and logical inconsistencies too!!

Excellent. You're a very fair and good mod.

Thank You!
    America's Team!

Yeah, thanks Caldwell. That was too much fuss over what I thought might be Tommy’s secret international pig!
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Another Mussini. Pass.
    How about another Davide Moretti...too soon?

Santiago Vescovi, PG, 2020
    One of the most intriguing prospects at a NBA Academy is Vescovi, a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Uruguay. He showed flashes of his talent and ability during the NBA Academy Latin America’s two games in the event. Vescovi plays with tremendous pace and changes speeds well. He operates well in pick and rolls, consistently making the right reads. He’s crafty with the ball, can get by the first line of defense and is a nifty finisher that uses high glass finishes and runners to score. Vescovi is also a very good shooter off the catch and a capable one off the bounce. Vescovi is one of the many prospects at the NBA Academies that is looking.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...aga-131039625/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Santiago Vescovi, PG, 2020
    One of the most intriguing prospects at a NBA Academy is Vescovi, a 6-foot-2 point guard out of Uruguay. He showed flashes of his talent and ability during the NBA Academy Latin America’s two games in the event. Vescovi plays with tremendous pace and changes speeds well. He operates well in pick and rolls, consistently making the right reads. He’s crafty with the ball, can get by the first line of defense and is a nifty finisher that uses high glass finishes and runners to score. Vescovi is also a very good shooter off the catch and a capable one off the bounce. Vescovi is one of the many prospects at the NBA Academies that is looking.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...aga-131039625/
    Few has had reservations about bringing in Euro PGs in the past. Ayayi is still a huge question mark. US PGs play a much more physical style than Euro PGs who are more finese. Federico Mussini was a terrific player in Europe but in the states he fell apart in Big East play and ultimately went pro in Europe after two years at St. John's.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Few has had reservations about bringing in Euro PGs in the past. Ayayi is still a huge question mark. US PGs play a much more physical style than Euro PGs who are more finese. Federico Mussini was a terrific player in Europe but in the states he fell apart in Big East play and ultimately went pro in Europe after two years at St. John's.
    is australian basketball closer to euro ball or the style played here? smc seems to have had a steady stream of good pg's come through...

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    is australian basketball closer to euro ball or the style played here? smc seems to have had a steady stream of good pg's come through...
    Delly looked like he was from Germany, Neanderthal region.

And he's got a ring.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

What about PG's from South America?

It's Uruguay, not Euroguay. Wrong continent.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    It's Uruguay, not Euroguay. Wrong continent.
    Manu still ranks among the greatest euros ever according to most espn articles. Hell, they even named the Euro step after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Manu still ranks among the greatest euros ever according to most espn articles. Hell, they even named the Euro step after him.
    Now I'm confused thinking that Manu is from Argentina and that the Euro step was named after a continent.

When the dust settles will there be another scholarship available for a point guard?

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Now I'm confused thinking that Manu is from Argentina and that the Euro step was named after a continent.

When the dust settles will there be another scholarship available for a point guard?
    Nice one!
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.